How was your April?

9 sales for $178 gross. My best month this year. 

Nothing in the first half of the month, then a few repeat sales at low prices. In the last week I had two $60 sales which pushed my figures up. Both of them for images from 6+ years ago.

• Love 3

After a really good March, I expected a dreadful April.

Surprisingly, this didn't happen and April just turned out slightly below average.

No $$$ sales and zooms are down.

• Love 1

No sales but more disappointingly in a way is that it’s the first month since last July (3 months after I started) that I didn’t have a single zoom :( To be fair it’s not exactly unexpected and given the current situation it’s not really the worst thing that could happen. 
Onwards and upwards:)

• Love 1

Better than I had anticipated for these Covid times. Surprised that pic sales are staying buoyant despite the ever so sad carnage taking place all around us. A few repeat sales. Average $25 per pic. Total of 24 for $623 gross. A few decent $$ but no $$$ this month. CTR .58 about average for me.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

11 sales for $215, so a little above average for me.

Highest sale, $47.26; Lowest sale, $3.25, which was a distributor so netting me $0.98!!

Rolling Monthly figures:

1st April; 7 sales; 9050 views; 33 zooms; CTR 0.36

30th April; 11 sales; 6242 views; 34 zooms; CTR 0.54

So views down but zooms and CTR up.

John.

• Love 2

Thank goodness for 1) bookselling and 2) XXXX Images ( down but not out).

Alamy in distant third place for April.

Fees too low, too much commission taken, far too much competition.

Realistically, it is obscure subjects that are going to fight their way through the huge crowd and unless they attract appropriate fees ( for their rarity - and they don't) there is no chance. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

3483 views.   21 zooms.   Average CTR  O.6.

9 sales for a total of $221.10.   Highest $69.99.   Lowest $4.81.   Average $24.56.

Views and zooms considerably down in April but on the whole I feel fairly buoyant, considering the plight we are all in.

• Love 1

55 for $1314 gross. Only one in the $$$ region, $120. 

Both view numbers and zoom numbers down to about 50-60% of "normal", probably because my port is travel-biased. 

Views/zooms in the final ten days of April particularly low so the next 1-3 months may be poor

However, we are all well so far which has got to be the good news here.

Keep safe all

Kumar

• Love 5

A harbinger? From 12 in March to.......nothing. First duck since 2013 when I had a third as many images. 8 last April.

Expecting better in May......not. Now waiting till June for a small cheque from HMRC- my other gig is film and TV so that'll be it for a while.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

My worst month since October 2017! Just one sale for $ - won't even buy a 'Costa' but they're shut anyway!!

On the brighter side my views were up 12% and zooms up 55% and consequently CTR up. Maybe something more promising in the near future!

Jim ;)

• Love 1

42 sales so about average for me but best in rolling year for revenue at $1680 gross, mainly bolstered by one large $$$ sale and two smaller $$$ sales.  

Views and zooms down so looking gloomy for the future.

Pearl

• Love 2
  • Like 2