How was your April?

no sales showing for me here this month, but some cleared payments took me well into the payment threshold and thanks to using the firefox add on that someone mentioned, I know I have at least 3 sales coming. Happy with the level of zooms too.

• Love 2

CRAP!

Views 532 for the month. Normally averaging about 870 per month.

Zooms 0  for the month. Normally averaging about 5 per month.

Sales  0  for the month.  Normally averaging about 1 per month.

I honestly believe that the April poor figures are due to not being able to get images onto Alamy due to them being held in the  QC queue longer the usual in the usual for a one star contributor. Previously QC time would normally be about 5 days per upload. I have had one upload in QC for the whole of April and another now behind it for another week.

Referring back to James Allsworth's posts about longer than usual QC times it is obvious to me that if my images are not going on regular sale then the buyers loose sight of my port due to my CTR dropping to ZERO plus the lack of a sale each month.

Allan

• Love 1

36 sales for $550 gross / $275 nett. Best month this year for volume, second best for revenue but average gross prices of $15.28 lowest of the year.  Highest sale only $50 and 24 sales only single $ keep the average down.  One $12 PU refund this morning so I've taken that off the figures - but another PU dropped in so this month has started, albeit in slight deficit. 

Zooms down at 62 but matched by views also down so CTR at 1.04, just below average.  I don't seem to have been as badly hit as others - but May will be the acid test.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Allan Bell said:

the April poor figures are due to not being able to get images onto Alamy due to them being held in the  QC queue longer the usual in the usual for a one star contributor

That can only apply to the images stuck in QC. It can't have affected all your other images. Everyone's views are down.

• Love 2
  • Like 2

6 sales, <£30 net. Best value sales (it's all relative) were one each for PU and presentation.

CTR and zooms relatively good, but relatively my CTR has been good since November, and it doesn't seem to have made any improvement to my earnings.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

0 for 0 :(

Views & Zooms at about 50-60%

Hopefully, Alamy will be able to attend to usages I've reported to them (some going back a very long time).

The one bit of good news is a good clearance this month to keep bread in the oven and the wolves from the door! :)

• Love 1

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

That can only apply to the images stuck in QC. It can't have affected all your other images. Everyone's views are down.

As has been discussed in the past and confirmed by a few on these forums.

If you are not constantly uploading images to Alamy and getting them on sale then views,  zooms and sales suffer.

So if I cannot upload to Alamy because my images are not being QC'd then my stats will drop and my images go further down the listings. And the further they go down the further my stats will drop thus making me invisible to the buyers.

Allan

30 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

If you are not constantly uploading images to Alamy and getting them on sale then views,  zooms and sales suffer.

So if I cannot upload to Alamy because my images are not being QC'd then my stats will drop and my images go further down the listings. And the further they go down the further my stats will drop thus making me invisible to the buyers.

Allan

It's not "confirmed", it's suspected. If true it could only apply to the delayed images.

Your images either feature in searches or they don't. I still have zooms in searches with 20 pages of results, and views in searches of 100 pages.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Allan, I am not convinced this is correct. My uploads are very sporadic, some months, 100s,  and others, nearly nothing.  My sales and CTR have been pretty steady all along.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Allan, I am not convinced this is correct. My uploads are very sporadic, some months, 100s,  and others, nearly nothing.  My sales and CTR have been pretty steady all along.

+1

wim

Happy with 14 for $348 in this COVID month.  Expected worse, much worse especially as the month started off with a few lines in red.  So, happy, and hoping for better in May.

Helen

Edited by hsessions
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Just trying to be helpful here, Allan, not critical. Some of your images would benefit from more descriptive captions and additional keywords IMHO. I think it would increase your sales. Best of luck.

e.g. In 2AKHPGR (a good image that should sell) , how about adding "trucks, highway, motorway,traffic,vehicles,shipping, trucking,transport, commerce, etc." ? These keywords seem critical to me if you want buyers to find this image.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

Best month of the past 12 for me with 7 sales.   All are $$.   My monthly views are down but CTR is up.

This was a happy surprise, given that I haven't been able to upload any new images since March 3. Consequently I figured my sales would tank.  Maybe they still will in the future, but hopefully not.

Edited by MariaJ

17 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

CRAP!

Views 532 for the month. Normally averaging about 870 per month.

Zooms 0  for the month. Normally averaging about 5 per month.

Sales  0  for the month.  Normally averaging about 1 per month.

I honestly believe that the April poor figures are due to not being able to get images onto Alamy due to them being held in the  QC queue longer the usual in the usual for a one star contributor. Previously QC time would normally be about 5 days per upload. I have had one upload in QC for the whole of April and another now behind it for another week.

Referring back to James Allsworth's posts about longer than usual QC times it is obvious to me that if my images are not going on regular sale then the buyers loose sight of my port due to my CTR dropping to ZERO plus the lack of a sale each month.

Allan

Alan, that's not a good situation for you...OK a lot has been said about CTR...there are a lot of factors in play....Regular sales and interest in your folio is a good thing for CTR...so like you said  maybe you have to be more consistent with uploading new images ( and hopefully they attract some sales ) but getting your star rating up does help as you do get through QC...faster..So making sure that you uploads are not running into QC fails is important too, so your star rating will improve...

I myself while not selling huge amounts, but getting my few sales a month ( and i am now working on better future sales..relative to image subject diversity / increasing numbers / saleability / )  

My uploads sail through QC quickly as i have 3 stars rating, and try to be regularly uploading new material...There are many here who can surely comment and advise on this better than i can...I just hope you can turn things around for yourself  Alan..

Cheers Bill

Edited by William Caram

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Just trying to be helpful here, Allan, not critical. Some of your images would benefit from more descriptive captions and additional keywords IMHO. I think it would increase your sales. Best of luck.

e.g. In 2AKHPGR (a good image that should sell) , how about adding "trucks, highway, motorway,traffic,vehicles,shipping, trucking,transport, commerce, etc." ? These keywords seem critical to me if you want buyers to find this image.

Thanks John for your input. I don't mind a critique of my port. In fact welcome it.

4 hours ago, William Caram said:

Alan, that's not a good situation for you...OK a lot has been said about CTR...there are a lot of factors in play....Regular sales and interest in your folio is a good thing for CTR...so like you said  maybe you have to be more consistent with uploading new images ( and hopefully they attract some sales ) but getting your star rating up does help as you do get through QC...faster..So making sure that you uploads are not running into QC fails is important too, so your star rating will improve...

I myself while not selling huge amounts, but getting my few sales a month ( and i am now working on better future sales..relative to image subject diversity / increasing numbers / saleability / )  

My uploads sail through QC quickly as i have 3 stars rating, and try to be regularly uploading new material...There are many here who can surely comment and advise on this better than i can...I just hope you can turn things around for yourself  Alan..

Cheers Bill

Thank you for your comments Bill.

Allan

20 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Hi John I have done some work on 2AKHPGR. Thanks for the suggestions. When I can work up the enthusiasm I will eventually go through my port and do what I can with most if not all my images as far as tagging (keywording) is concerned.

The way things are just now I thing I might take an Alamy holiday and recharge my batteries. But look out as I will still be active on the forums trying generally to bring a smile to peoples faces.

Allan

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi John I have done some work on 2AKHPGR. Thanks for the suggestions. When I can work up the enthusiasm I will eventually go through my port and do what I can with most if not all my images as far as tagging (keywording) is concerned.

The way things are just now I thing I might take an Alamy holiday and recharge my batteries. But look out as I will still be active on the forums trying generally to bring a smile to peoples faces.

Allan

Sounds like a good plan given the difficult situation that we're all having to deal with. Two years ago, I had a hip replacement that kept me off the streets for a couple of months, so I spent quite a bit of time going back and fixing up captions and keywords on my older images. It wasn't a lot of fun, but it seems to have paid off. In the long run, though, smiles are more important than dollars. 😊

• Love 1