December 2019 Challenge "Holiday Spirit"

Michael Ventura

Hi All, I am very open to seeing anything that depicts the spirit of the upcoming holidays and it is not just Christmas, could be the New Year, Hanukkah, Kawanza etc....  My examples are mostly Christmas related but don't let that limit you!  Please submit up to three photos and they must be from your Alamy collection (still time to shoot new ones!).

Can't wait to see what you have!  Submissions close at the last second of 2019 (GMT) December 31st!

Santa Claus with a young girl  6 7 8 9 on his lap in a chair talking to him about what she wants for Christmas Stock Photo

USA Virginia VA Colonial Williamsburg Christmas Tree in the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg Mother and daughter Stock Photo

USA Virginia VA Williamsburg Christmas holiday at Busch Gardens theme park Stock Photo

USA Virginia VA Colonial Willaimsburg Father Christmas on Marchants Square on Duke of Gloucester Street Christmastime Stock Photo

• Love 3
  • Like 1

Three from me

christmas-decorations-and-fresh-snow-in-quebec-citys-petit-champlain-KWEXDM.jpg

A couple taking a selfie in Quebec City

pre-school-children-singing-at-the-daycare-christmas-show-ED1AE8.jpg

Forgotten the words. By the second verse of the song all the kids were at wildly different places in the song, making a cacophony that only a parent can a) imagine and b) enjoy. Here my son (on the right) is looking vague but is gamely still going. The same can't be said of his fellow singer who knows its a facepalm moment.

a-little-girl-looking-at-a-large-illuminated-father-christmas-at-the-D4BXRW.jpg

A little girl silhouetted against a father christmas.

I don't know why but the middle photo looks all squashed here. Its not of course, click on it to see what it really looks like.

Edited by Colin Woods
  • Love 3

50 minutes ago, Colin Woods said:

I don't know why but the middle photo looks all squashed here. Its not of course, click on it to see what it really looks like.

Not sure what causes that but no worries, clicking on it does allow you to see as it should be.

Congratulations on a well-deserved win, Michael.

Here are my three holiday offerings.

Christmas ice-skaters in downtown Vancouver

people-ice-skating-on-an-outdoor-rink-in

Last-minute Christmas shopper

woman-carrying-a-shopping-bag-walking-pa

Festive snowmen (or "snowpersons") family

family-of-snowmen-christmas-decorations-

Edited by John Mitchell

Window dresser preparing shop window for Christmas display

window-dresser-preparing-shop-window-for-christmas-display-sussex-street-cambridge-city-2019-2A893F3.jpg

Robin Redbreast singing in tree

robin-redbreast-singing-in-tree-D3EKH4.jpg

Waterbeach band playing in Tesco store for charity donations at Christmas

waterbeach-band-playing-in-tesco-store-for-charity-donations-at-christmas-HER2NR.jpg

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

H7NJWT.jpg
B7B966.jpgE3YP6N.jpg
The top one was a pine near a lake in Oklahoma. I decorated part of it for a photo shoot.

The second one was my outdoor tree during a bad ice storm in Oklahoma. We got freezing rain a lot in the winter. In the top right is lights called “icicle lights” hanging from the roof eave. They truly were icicle lights that year.

The third were trees a corporate oil & gas company in Oklahoma City decorated on their campus each year. They were beautiful.

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

Good topic! Here are my three:

1. Bored looking cat in Santa costume, Europe

a-cat-dressed-in-christmas-costume-with-santa-hat-europe-F939CY.jpg

2. Family santa selfie in a santa race, UK

a-family-dressed-as-santas-taking-a-selfie-photo-winchester-hampshire-HCJEB3.jpg

3. Women getting in the Christmas spirit, Strasbourg christmas market, France

women-shopping-and-having-fun-strasbourg-christmas-market-strasbourg-F8FGH7.jpg

Merry Christmas everybody!

Kumar

• Love 1