Images sold in December 2019

4 hours ago, Webby said:

Turkish newspaper, bulk deal discount for pennies + through a distributor....  ☹️   The Buyuk Han, Nicosia, Cyprus

If you ended up with just over $2 it’s probably the same bulk buy Turkish newspaper deal as our sale. How can they pay so little and report  5 months after usage? And then not pay up for  3 months or more....

21 minutes ago, Thyrsis said:

If you ended up with just over $2 it’s probably the same bulk buy Turkish newspaper deal as our sale. How can they pay so little and report  5 months after usage? And then not pay up for  3 months or more....

Thats the one.....

$7.37 for PU? What the heck? I can see this image being suitable for PU, not arguing with that. But my last PU was for $14.99. So we’re going to get peanuts for a full size image? Guess I’ll consider restricting, if this is the new price.

cabbage-white-butterfly-pierus-brassicae

• Love 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

$7.37 for PU? What the heck? I can see this image being suitable for PU, not arguing with that. But my last PU was for $14.99. So we’re going to get peanuts for a full size image? Guess I’ll consider restricting, if this is the new price.

cabbage-white-butterfly-pierus-brassicae

I do not understand the PUs, this one today’s at. $19.99

genesis-a-trick-of-the-tail-new-bingley-

15 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Been a tough month here too....I hope Santa can drop a few sales under tree or in a stocking!  I thought I was being pretty good this year 😅

Well well well... I must have been a naughty girl because that sale just got refunded!! 😫😫

Fairly slow month here too. However, a Brazilian Santa just dropped two book sales (low $$ each) in my stocking.

Here's one of them -- a Mayan maize god. I think he's telling me to chill, things are bound to improve. 😆

sculpture-of-the-maya-maize-god-museo-de

Edited by John Mitchell

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I've had a couple like that, so I'm thinking that distributors must have their own pricing for PU sales. The majority of mine (such as they are) are still $19.99, though.

13 hours ago, AlanW said:

Low $$,  South China Morning Post

KGE4BE.jpg

Refund! . . . . . expecting it to reappear soon as I know it's been used! ☹️

and back in again at the exact same price! 🙄

Edited by AlanW

16 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

There's nothing I can do about it, of course, but almost all my sales in this last year are of images snapped in NYC. The future does not look bright. 

Ed... for reasons I don't really understand, it seems to take months for new pix to start selling. Like you, I've recently moved (well, six months ago), and only now are sales of this year's pix starting to sell. Keep the faith, sir...

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-November-2019 ; End: 01-November-2024 ;Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

TV Times advertising The Apprentice https://www.pressreader.com/uk/tv-times/20191116/page/68 

Just for $. I won't be competing with Alan Sugar any time soon 😞

lner-a1-class-4-6-2-no-60163-tornado-steam-locomotive-hauled-the-belmond-FNJBWH.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 3

sheep-crossing-road-at-the-tan-hill-inn-the-highest-pub-in-the-country-JRRN6E.jpg

Licensed this shot today. The Tan Hill Inn is, at 1,732 feet, the highest pub in Britain (not the “tallest pub”, which is what a couple of American tourists insisted they were looking for, when, years ago, they asked me for directions). It’s in the middle of nowhere, or what passes for the middle of nowhere on this small and over-crowded island.

I parked my campervan outside the Tan Hill Inn this time last year… to escape from the horrors of a family Christmas. And I never pass up the opportunity to call in for a beer or a meal at a pub where the unexpected happens quite regularly.

The best night was when my sister came up north for a visit, in springtime, and we gravitated to Tan Hill. The landlady was looking after some motherless lambs, which is how a dozen people found themselves sitting around the fire, each with a lamb to look after (we all had something else in common - slight dampness - as the lambs weren’t house-trained). The beer flowed, the conversation too, and the fire crackled.

Eventually, about the time when most other pubs would be thinking about closing, the landlady started chasing all the lambs around the pub… or were the lambs chasing her? When she got dizzy she retired to her bed, leaving me in charge of beer-pulling duties (and putting the money in the till). Memories are a bit hazy after that, but they’re warm. Warm and damp…

Edited by John Morrison
  • Love 6

This image seems to be the gift that just keeps on giving..

The Seogyo-Dong, Hongdae area of Seoul in South Korea, busy with people at night. Stock Photo

It has sold 3 times in the last 2 months including twice in the last week. It has been used by Japanese TV twice and the South China Morning Press once..  

https://www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/travel/article/3038531/beyond-k-pop-soul-funk-rb-and-psychedelia-reign

• Love 2
  • Like 1

Not enough for 2 pints of beer for both.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: up to 5,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 18-December-2019 ; 
   Additional Details: Duration of license is 7 years from start date"

boat-sale-agreed-as-a-roadside-decoration-of-a-roundabout-in-skibbereen-M8PGD5.jpg

Web Site Use

seal-swimming-in-oil-west-cork-ireland-28th-may-2019-this-local-seal-is-sharing-his-water-with-oil-pollution-and-debris-credit-aphperspective-alamy-live-news-TAW51E.jpg

Both together don't reach $ 😪

Edited by aphperspective