Images sold in December 2019

T2XA8P.jpg

Scattered Driftwood on Dallas Road beach, Vancouver Island BC.  Low $$

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
56 MB
5411 x 3607 pixels
3 MB compressed
Start: 09 December 2019
End: 09 December 2024

• Like 2

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single Company  - Multiple editorial use only Up to 1/2 Page. Single Company  - Multiple editorial use only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing ;  Start: 13-December-2019 ; End: 13-December-2021

spitfire-v-ee602-flying-at-an-airshow-flown-by-pete-kynsey-second-F37FP0.jpg

• Love 3

21 hours ago, NYCat said:

So do I. I go to the image in the Image Manager and enlarge it. Then I right-click (control-click) and choose copy image address. I go to the forum and use Insert Image from URL. If you change "zooms" to "comp" in the image address you will get a larger image. I usually just use the smaller one and there is no distortion either way.

Paulette

When I tried that Paulette it did not work.😞

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

Do any methods work for you with Safari? What part of it doesn't work for you?

Paulette

10 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Michael, do you need a sidekick? I’m offering. 😉Your access is disgusting...er..brilliant, ahhh, enviable.

Thanks Betty,  I have been fortunate to have been an independent freelancer for the past 35 years shooting mostly for magazines.  Back in my 20s and 30s it was mostly travel related but now I shoot for 4 DC regional magazines and the assignments are ALL over the board in subject matter.  So I get some good access at times and the best thing, it never gets boring.  I just feel very lucky to still be working regularly.  I know you were being cheeky with your offer but kidding aside, I recently hired a young kid right out of college and boy it is great to have help on the shoots! And she doesn't even mind the super early morning shoots!! As long as I get her some good coffee and cover her lunches, she is complaint free!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Allan

If you are on a Mac using Safari.

Open a window in the Mac program TexEdit, that comes with the Mac OS.

In Safari Zoom the image. Drag and drop the Zoomed image from the Safari window into the TexEdit window.

You will get the image URL as text in the TextEdit window. In TexEdit Select and Copy the URL.

In Safari on the Alamy Forum, paste the TexEdit URL into the insert image from URL box. The image should appear in your post.

If you are not on a Mac, probably any word processing software would work. 

That is rather convoluted, but will work. I have no problems with Shift+Right mouse click (Safari + Mac).

But try to reference image using mobile. AIM won't even show it because interface was not made to be mobile friendly. Couldn't even do it through main portal (ie customer) because can't/don't know how to emulate Shift+Right mouse click. Only way it worked was by going to my sales history, then long press on the icon of sold image which did bring context menu - copy image address. Albeit small only (icon).  Alamy doesn't like mobile, for a good reason maybe.

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

Do any methods work for you with Safari? What part of it doesn't work for you?

Paulette

Non of them seem to work. Haven't tried Bill Brooks method yet.

What I do is open two new windows in FF side by side, one with forum the other with Alamy. Find image in Alamy click on it and go to large image in the sales page, click on that image and drag it over to the other window where It was previously set up to the forum page and drop the image in the reply post.

When I go back to the forum page in Safari I have to update it to see my post.

Allan

Tried Bills method. Did not work.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell

A very good sale for one of my Dad’s archive taken in the 1960s. $$$ 

Presumably this license means that it only lasts for 3 months! 
Country: New York ; Usage: Indoor display ;  Media: Shop/restaurant decoration ;  Industry Sector: OTHER - Hospitality ;  Print run: 1 ;  Start: 21-December-2019 ; End: 21-March-2020

1960s-austrian-ski-resort-with-old-churc

Edited by Sally
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Non of them seem to work. Haven't tried Bill Brooks method yet.

What I do is open two new windows in FF side by side, one with forum the other with Alamy. Find image in Alamy click on it and go to large image in the sales page, click on that image and drag it over to the other window where It was previously set up to the forum page and drop the image in the reply post.

When I go back to the forum page in Safari I have to update it to see my post.

Allan

Tried Bills method. Did not work.

ITMA

I'm trying to see which part of my method isn't working for you. When you enlarge the image in the Image Manager and do a right-click or control-click do you get the menu that includes "copy image address"? If that happens can you get the box to paste when you click "Insert image from URL" in the forum. Maybe I shouldn't worry about it since you are happy using Firefox. I like to stay in Safari.

Paulette

None of the dragging and dropping works for me in Safari. Not from the search page. Not from the Image Manager. Not directly into the Forum and when I did it into TextEdit I got the image itself instead of the image address and when I dragged the image into the Forum it said I needed the address. Anyway, I'm happy with what does work for me -- which is to go to the zoomed image in the Image Manager and right-click to get the image address. Just curious as to why it won't work for Allan.

Paulette

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

None of the dragging and dropping works for me in Safari. Not from the search page. Not from the Image Manager. Not directly into the Forum and when I did it into TextEdit I got the image itself instead of the image address and when I dragged the image into the Forum it said I needed the address. Anyway, I'm happy with what does work for me -- which is to go to the zoomed image in the Image Manager and right-click to get the image address. Just curious as to why it won't work for Allan.

Paulette

Just tried your method and it works.👍

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

1 hour ago, Ed Rooney said:

I just drag and drop from another screen, as Bill explained. 

Drag and drop does not work in Safari edo. At least it won't on my machine.

Allan

I couldn't see which browser was being used. And maybe because I'm on a small screen with my MacBook Air I didn't see what you were doing at the top of the screen. It went pretty fast. Written out perhaps I would grasp it. I'm actually not unhappy with my method.

Paulette

1 minute ago, LawrensonPhoto said:

Sorry this is firefox, however I have just tried it on my iphone and you can cut and paste the link into 'insert image from URL

Thanks for your efforts. I don't plan to use my iPhone for this so will continue with my method in Safari.

Paulette