Images sold in December 2019

7 hours ago, John Morrison said:

Ed... for reasons I don't really understand, it seems to take months for new pix to start selling. Like you, I've recently moved (well, six months ago), and only now are sales of this year's pix starting to sell. Keep the faith, sir...

I find the same thing -- new images have to "marinate" for at least a few months. That said, I've had better luck this year licensing recently captured images. Sometimes you just stumble upon subjects that happen to be in demand.

8 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

There's nothing I can do about it, of course, but almost all my sales in this last year are of images snapped in NYC. The future does not look bright. 

•  

On the brighter side, all those NYC images in your collection should keep bringing in dependable "passive" income. I find that to be the case with my Mexico images gathered during my many visits there. They just keep on selling...

Distributor sale,  $$.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 November 2019
End: 01 November 2024
Germany, Magazine - print, digital and electronic, in context web usage included

coastal-taipan-snake-oxyuranus-scutellatus-found-in-australia-and-FKFYCK.jpg

• Love 2

10 hours ago, John Morrison said:
sheep-crossing-road-at-the-tan-hill-inn-the-highest-pub-in-the-country-JRRN6E.jpg

Licensed this shot today. The Tan Hill Inn is, at 1,732 feet, the highest pub in Britain (not the “tallest pub”, which is what a couple of American tourists insisted they were looking for, when, years ago, they asked me for directions). It’s in the middle of nowhere, or what passes for the middle of nowhere on this small and over-crowded island.

I parked my campervan outside the Tan Hill Inn this time last year… to escape from the horrors of a family Christmas. And I never pass up the opportunity to call in for a beer or a meal at a pub where the unexpected happens quite regularly.

The best night was when my sister came up north for a visit, in springtime, and we gravitated to Tan Hill. The landlady was looking after some motherless lambs, which is how a dozen people found themselves sitting around the fire, each with a lamb to look after (we all had something else in common - slight dampness - as the lambs weren’t house-trained). The beer flowed, the conversation too, and the fire crackled.

Eventually, about the time when most other pubs would be thinking about closing, the landlady started chasing all the lambs around the pub… or were the lambs chasing her? When she got dizzy she retired to her bed, leaving me in charge of beer-pulling duties (and putting the money in the till). Memories are a bit hazy after that, but they’re warm. Warm and damp…

What a wonderful, heartwarming story, John. I would have loved to be at the peeing of the lambs....😁

• Love 1

15 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

There's nothing I can do about it, of course, but almost all my sales in this last year are of images snapped in NYC. The future does not look bright. 

•  

Ed, save up for a flight to NYC once a year and cram in all the shooting you can do on a handful of days. Stay in a part of the city different from what you commonly photographed. Sometimes if you book far ahead, you get the best ticket prices, and most of us can handle a fleabag hotel for a few nights.
We once stayed in one where our shoes stuck to the gummy carpet. We couldn’t afford to do the things we wanted to do and pay high motel prices on top of it.
Ask if they spray for roaches! 😁 I can’t stand those.

Or maybe you could be a guest in that luxurious high rise your friend let you stay in....

Betty

51 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I snapped this during a trip to a nearby food store. My share should easily cover the cost of the groceries that I bought. 😀

UK magazine use, decent mid $$, direct sale, exclusive to Alamy

package-of-beyond-meat-plant-based-beyon

I see you're the kind of person who knows how to shoot on topic.  🙂

Coral Reef Oriental poppies (Papaver orientale) in a garden setting. Stock Photo

RF low $.  Details don`t tell me much... 5MB.. 1608 x 1068 pixels 279KB compressed. Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover ... must be a gardening magazine... but, a sale is a sale... as long as they keep popping in.

Chapel Stile and the Langdale Pikes. Great Langdale. Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England, United Kingdom, Europe.

chapel-stile-and-the-langdale-pikes-great-langdale-lake-district-national-B895GP.jpg

Usage: Editorial newspaper editorial print and digital use, inside, one time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 18 December 2019
End: 18 December 2021

• Love 2

15 hours ago, John Morrison said:
sheep-crossing-road-at-the-tan-hill-inn-the-highest-pub-in-the-country-JRRN6E.jpg

Licensed this shot today. The Tan Hill Inn is, at 1,732 feet, the highest pub in Britain (not the “tallest pub”, which is what a couple of American tourists insisted they were looking for, when, years ago, they asked me for directions). It’s in the middle of nowhere, or what passes for the middle of nowhere on this small and over-crowded island.

I parked my campervan outside the Tan Hill Inn this time last year… to escape from the horrors of a family Christmas. And I never pass up the opportunity to call in for a beer or a meal at a pub where the unexpected happens quite regularly.

The best night was when my sister came up north for a visit, in springtime, and we gravitated to Tan Hill. The landlady was looking after some motherless lambs, which is how a dozen people found themselves sitting around the fire, each with a lamb to look after (we all had something else in common - slight dampness - as the lambs weren’t house-trained). The beer flowed, the conversation too, and the fire crackled.

Eventually, about the time when most other pubs would be thinking about closing, the landlady started chasing all the lambs around the pub… or were the lambs chasing her? When she got dizzy she retired to her bed, leaving me in charge of beer-pulling duties (and putting the money in the till). Memories are a bit hazy after that, but they’re warm. Warm and damp…

Sometimes we dwell too long on the material value of a sale and not the warm story behind the picture. Thanks for telling it.

Nice surprise this morning - my first sale in 2019. 

Limited edition British 50p piece coin commemorating Sir Isaac Newton the influential scientist Stock Photo

Things are definitely looking up as had several Live news images used yesterday but they are not showing up on my dashboard yet so not including them them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ed, save up for a flight to NYC once a year and cram in all the shooting you can do on a handful of days. Stay in a part of the city different from what you commonly photographed. Sometimes if you book far ahead, you get the best ticket prices, and most of us can handle a fleabag hotel for a few nights.
We once stayed in one where our shoes stuck to the gummy carpet. We couldn’t afford to do the things we wanted to do and pay high motel prices on top of it.
Ask if they spray for roaches! 😁 I can’t stand those.

Or maybe you could be a guest in that luxurious high rise your friend let you stay in....

Betty

There's no profit these days in making a trip like that, Betty. And no one I know in NYC lives in a high-rise. In Dumbo, Brooklyn, I stayed at my friend's loft, a converted factory building, which she just sold. I'm a new European now (again), so I would be more likely to go to London or Paris to shoot. In fact a short trip (in the spring) will be to nearby Leeds or Manchester.

John and John are right. My NYC snaps will continue to sell and eventually the more recent stuff will start to sell too. 

Edo

7 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

What a wonderful, heartwarming story, John. I would have loved to be at the peeing of the lambs....😁

Yeah, a dozen strangers, sat round a fire and drinking beer, each one stroking a lamb lying contentedly on their lap... like this was an everything occurrence (which, in the Yorkshire Dales, in springtime, it is)...

17 hours ago, John Morrison said:

I love hearing the story behind an image. So thanks for sharing.

As a fellow traveller, my motto is 'every day something new'. I love the unexpected.

20 hours ago, VbFolly said:

Two sales reported today for low $$, both to Germany via a distributor, not leaving me with much! One was a book usage (a close-up of a toad), and this one was for a magazine.

pretty-thatched-cottage-covered-with-flowering-clematis-in-pangbourne-in-berkshire-uk-during-may-T97D10.jpg

I did a double take when I saw this. I posted a couple of images of the same cottage in November. It's looking really derelict now. I don't know if it's earmarked for something ... demolition perhaps.