Signs of recovery! Six sales for $212 gross which even included one for $5! Views holding up and zooms were the highest monthly total during the year. Last year was my record year for sales quantity and this has now been overtaken. All I need is a couple of decent sales in December to achieve a new income high on Alamy.

Jim :) 

I’m a newbie. In November I had 2 sales (most was October with 3). Total for November only $51.47, but since I didn’t anticipate any sales in my first year and now have 11 with an ever growing portfolio, I’m pretty pleased. 

After a dreadful October (zilch), November improved (well, it couldn't get worse!), with 4 sales for $143.

One was a Pathetically Undervalued licence, which I'll be keeping an eye on and will doubtless soon be reported to Alamy along with others already reported for abuse of this licensing model (as well as Presentation licenses).

One was a licence to a national newspaper, found in October, which I was hoping would be for a reasonable fee, given that they had clearly struggled to find a suitable image and I'm not in the UKNS. However, it gained the same gross fee as a PU license.

The other two were reasonable fees for a book and marketing. 

I was pleased to get an AlamyWhack zoom during the month, and hold on to high hopes of a sale from it, but remain cynically (realistically) doubtful of any kind of price to match the image's 'rarity' value. 

The 're-rank' appears to have benefited me (though I'm not sure if I should be pleased with that, given other indications?) and I remain +ive for a good December.

Image sale volume has now overtaken 2016, but $ total remains a little shy of last year's value. 

Up until the 27th it was looking like my worst month in years, but then 5 sales dropped in during the last 3 days.

All in all, 8 licenses (including one affiliate sale) for $488 gross.

On the upside, I just surpassed the number of sales in 2016.

November was saved by an end-of-month rally that left me with 12 sales (average) for $490 gross. Low prices mainly, which were redeemed somewhat by a $190 license that popped up yesterday. I've now surpassed my total sales for 2016, which is a positive thing. However, catching up to 2016 total gross revenue is going to be difficult.

BME with 9 sales for $413 gross, despite my CTR and zooms having taken a severe nose dive in the last couple of weeks.

It may be a coincidence, but my monthly average sales figures seem to have increased significantly since the new AIM was introduced (without me doing any re-keywording).

O.K., I'm posting my stats for all the people that are trying, like me, to develop a decent portfolio, and have a long way to go.  :D  Don't get discouraged, just work harder!!

1 Zoom

0 Sales

CTR of only 0.16 for the month.  Ugh!!!

However, I did receive a check for the sales I had in August and September!!  That was very gratifying since I only have around 500 images on-line presently.

Here's to a great DECEMBER!!!

Rick

Archived