Images sold November 2023

3 low $ sales for images of Painshill Park today, Czech Republic, Editorial website, via distributor. This is one of them.

These were from my first year on Alamy and have never sold before. I paid for a sunrise photography event, but as usual in the UK it was disappointingly overcast until late morning!

landscape-view-of-painshill-park-in-surr

• Love 2
  • Like 3

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/AM5JJF/colorful-sky-over-the-lincoln-memorial-just-after-sunset-national-AM5JJF.jpg

US Internal poster/décor (1 use only) for the life of the display mid $$

Let's hope they are not printing it any wider than 2ft (60cm) because I am embarrassed at how soft it is.

It was taken from 2,592.84 ft (790.30 m) away, but still. No lens data in the exif, so some horrible old legacy glass probably. Maybe even with a converter? Yikes.

I have another one from when the Reflecting Pool in between this pov and the steps was drained and I just put my tripod on the bottom. That one is tack sharp. Not this one. 😓

wim

• Like 5

I've never been inside The Actors Studio but I could write a book about it. Like Paulette, I've come to think of Lee Strasberg and daughter Susan as negative gurus and the many Strasberg followers I knew and worked with as idiots. Not all of course. 

I met a young Billy Lee Williams when I was working at a music store in Harlem. He wanted to work on a scene with me to do an audition for The Studio. I had to move back to DC so we never did that. Billy Lee, a terrific person, later became a Studio member.  

Slap me down, if I'm misrepresenting you, Paulette. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 14 November 2023
End: 14 November 2028
Country - Israel: Usage - Editorial Details of use - Book, print and/or e-book Image size - 1/2 page Print run - up to 8500 Placement - Inside Duration - 5 years

$$$

graphic warning picture on a packet of indonesian marlboro cigarettes illustrating the dangers of smoking 

- Image ID: EC2JYJ

graphic warning picture on a packet of indonesian marlboro cigarettes illustrating the dangers of smoking Stock Photo

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NYCat said:

Nope. You are thinking RADA. This is the mumbling school.

Paulette

So it's a picture that provokes a reaction in a different style/dialect, even better!🙂

🦔

Edited by Mr Standfast

"The Splash", sculpture of Tom Finney, by Peter Hodgkinson. Preston North End, Deepdale, Preston, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Europe. 

"The Splash", sculpture of  Tom Finney, by Peter Hodgkinson. Deepdale, Preston, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom, Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use in publications published by Isherwood Media and for use on digital platforms and associated social media.
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Start: 17 November 2023
Duration: Unlimited

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Another sale dropped in equalling the number of sales I had last year.

Old and new UK passports.

old-and-new-uk-passports-2RPR45J.jpg

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years

Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Start: 17 November 2023

End: 17 November 2028

$$

Terms of usage more in line with sales of a few years ago.

Allan

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Direct licence, a bit below mid $$. Taken about an hour before we were evacuated, and the village of Tulamben completely closed down, we were just 8 days into a dive holiday, and Mt Agung had been spitting and snarling on and off since we arrived, rather an amazing sight. This was taken just 3 minutes walk from our hotel room! The evacuation was chaos, thousands sent to camps, with little or no food or water, no beds, no toilets etc. Others went to family or friends, wherever they could. But then the family/friends had no extra money for food. People were starving and many elderly died. Our dearest friend lives on the slopes of the volcano and the family is very poor, our last sight of him was of he and the family squatting in the main street of Tulamben, absolutely terrified, they had no belongings, not even for the baby, when they were herded into trucks and taken away. We gave what money we could, to those we knew, but had to be careful as we had another 6 weeks in Bali, and the airport was closed. We spent our remaining time trying to find friends, and working out ways of getting at least some rice to them. 

Print run: up to 5,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2023
End: 01 July 2028

mt-agung-volcano-eruption-morning-of-26-

• Love 4
  • Like 1

The Mauritshuis in Den Haag, my former home.   Den Haag that is, not the Mauritshuis!  I took many pics of this place a few years back, but none sold.  I took more last year and this one sold for just $$$ to a Japanese publisher.  It's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do. I was even lucky enough to get inside for free that day too, as I'd just had lunch with a friend who's company sponsors the museum, so their employees can go in for free along with a friend, which on this day happened to be me!

Print run: up to 5,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 October 2023
End: 01 October 2028
Japan,Book, print and/or e-book

the-mauritshuis-den-haag-the-netherlands

Edited by jgr
  • Love 4