Images sold November 2023

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

I agree, Stan. These days I cook bacon in the oven or air fryer. Both methods cook the fatty ends that tend to curl up in the pan crisp as can be. My favorite way of eating it is bacon & tomato sandwiches with Mayo. Lettuce is good if I have it on hand.

Love a BLT and especially on sourdough bread and with avocado, if I have it!!  The best!

love a BLT but getting a  good ripe tasty tomato these days to make the sandwich or a salad is getting to be hard work. I have a garden but the dreaded blight gets them pretty well every time. We just don't get sweet corn in the UK so I grow our own, otherwise I might grass over the veg patch. I'm getting on a bit so dealing with the veg patch is getting to be hard work, but I guess someones has to keep the slugs & snails fed

5 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

love a BLT but getting a  good ripe tasty tomato these days to make the sandwich or a salad is getting to be hard work. I have a garden but the dreaded blight gets them pretty well every time. We just don't get sweet corn in the UK so I grow our own, otherwise I might grass over the veg patch. I'm getting on a bit so dealing with the veg patch is getting to be hard work, but I guess someones has to keep the slugs & snails fed

I don’t much understand blight. I’ve never seen it. This season I had two slicer tomato plants and one cherry plant in pots & had tomatoes all summer. So many I was giving them away. I also grew one sweet pepper plant. The year before this, I fought hornworms. It took me awhile to figure out what was stripping the leaves of new growth at the top. I spied one, so green it blended in the color of the leaves. I started searching for them & must’ve picked off at least 15. This year, I only had one.

2N631RH.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

"Wind Thrust", 1996. Outdoor sculpture by Jony Easterby. Grizedale Forest Park, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, England. 

"Wind Thrust", 1996. Outdoor sculpture by Jony Easterby. Grizedale Forest Park, Lake District National Park, Cumbria, Stock Photo

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only Editorial print + digital use.inside.One time use only
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 29 November 2023
End: 29 November 2025
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I agree, Stan. These days I cook bacon in the oven or air fryer. Both methods cook the fatty ends that tend to curl up in the pan crisp as can be. My favorite way of eating it is bacon & tomato sandwiches with Mayo. Lettuce is good if I have it on hand.

Your receipt sounds good, Betty, after seeing your photo of frying bacon yesterday I was prompted to make my own version. I take two slices of wholemeal bread and make a sandwich using mature Cheddar cheese. I microwave the sandwich for a minute until the cheese is melted, then separate the slices. Meanwhile the streaky bacon is frying in a pan until it looks like your photo, I then add a little chopped tomato and fry until the tomato is hot. Then add the bacon and tomato to the cheese sandwich. The only problem I have is that having eaten one sandwich, I'm tempted to make another and I have to resist. Not good for the waistline.;

1 hour ago, Stan Pritchard said:

Your receipt sounds good, Betty, after seeing your photo of frying bacon yesterday I was prompted to make my own version. I take two slices of wholemeal bread and make a sandwich using mature Cheddar cheese. I microwave the sandwich for a minute until the cheese is melted, then separate the slices. Meanwhile the streaky bacon is frying in a pan until it looks like your photo, I then add a little chopped tomato and fry until the tomato is hot. Then add the bacon and tomato to the cheese sandwich. The only problem I have is that having eaten one sandwich, I'm tempted to make another and I have to resist. Not good for the waistline.;

😋You combined a grilled cheese with a BT!

• Like 1

Last day of the month sale. Nice to see an end date for a change. $$

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar - page-a-day only
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Start: 30 November 2023
End: 30 November 2024

EEBNNM.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mwakeling said:

Last day of the month sale. Nice to see an end date for a change. $$

Usage: Consumer goods
Media: Calendar - page-a-day only
Print run: up to 50,000
Placement: Inside
Start: 30 November 2023
End: 30 November 2024

EEBNNM.jpg

Looks like the same calendar as my elephant.

Paulette

• Like 1