Images sold November 2023

4 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

Yes!

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

It is so iconic it looks like an illustration. Love  it.

Paulette

When I see these old farmhouses, I always think about the generations of families who lived there. Children born, losing members to death, trying to raise crops through the depression & dust storm years. Maybe abandoning the homestead to migrate to California like in “Grapes of Wrath.” So much family history & memories soaked into those old boards.

Glad y’all like it. I have always been drawn to these old farmhouses & barns. Through my years, I have passed them on the roads, seen them leaning more & more as the years go by, then finally succumbing to the fierce Oklahoma winds & storms. It always makes me want to cry.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

When I see these old farmhouses, I always think about the generations of families who lived there. Children born, losing members to death, trying to raise crops through the depression & dust storm years. Maybe abandoning the homestead to migrate to California like in “Grapes of Wrath.” So much family history & memories soaked into those old boards.

Glad y’all like it. I have always been drawn to these old farmhouses & barns. Through my years, I have passed them on the roads, seen them leaning more & more as the years go by, then finally succumbing to the fierce Oklahoma winds & storms. It always makes me want to cry.

I can hear Tom and Casey a'puttin the world ta rights.

Edited by Mr Standfast

On 23/11/2023 at 03:43, aphperspective said:

Apparently caused by clouds stacking after passing over a high ground or mountains. ( I had to look it up). Cheers John.

Andy. 

And created rumors of flying saucers -- remember when lenticular clouds were first mentioned as a natural phenomenon responsible for flying saucer spottings.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I've just returned from visiting my sister for our Thanksgiving holiday, she lives about three hours away, on the Atlantic coast.  My son and I drove through a lot of farmland and we lost count of the many many abandoned farmhouses, many close to falling down.  I thought the same thing, Betty, about all the families and life moments that have happened in those houses.  I wondered about the last family or person who closed up the house for the last time and then let the elements have their way.  Wind, water, animals and gravity have all taken their toll.  Sadly, I didn't really have time to stop to take any snaps.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

That's lovely, Rico.

Thanks Ed, a lot of things came together at that moment to make it work.

(edit) I usually don't get that lucky. 😁

Edited by Rico

BA Boeing 777 landing at Singapore Changi airport last month.  Just $   I really wish there was some way we could stop these ridiculously low value sales.  I would rather not sell my pictures at all for this price.  This isn't a quick snap with my phone. It was taken with a camera/lens that cost nearly 8,000 Pounds.  I well remember one of my pics being sold last year where my cut was about 20 cents and the picture was used on a website that gets millions of hits daily.   This isn't fair.

Usage: Editorial, Editorial Online –Websites, Social Media, Apps

Media: Editorial website
Start: 24 November 2023
Duration: Unlimited

british-airways-boeing-777-300er-on-a-su

• Love 1
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I've just returned from visiting my sister for our Thanksgiving holiday, she lives about three hours away, on the Atlantic coast.  My son and I drove through a lot of farmland and we lost count of the many many abandoned farmhouses, many close to falling down.  I thought the same thing, Betty, about all the families and life moments that have happened in those houses.  I wondered about the last family or person who closed up the house for the last time and then let the elements have their way.  Wind, water, animals and gravity have all taken their toll.  Sadly, I didn't really have time to stop to take any snaps.

I wonder if the walls whisper their memories….

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Just four so far, two upper $ and two modest $$

Flanked by Christmas trees, the entrance to Tramp nightclub in Jermyn Street, St. James's, London, UK Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial, The Customer's global based web pages and associated social media platforms.
Media: Website, app and social media
Start: 02 November 2023
Duration: Unlimited

St. James's Park underground station. London, England, UK Stock Photo

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 08 November 2023
Duration: In perpetuity

View along Marylebone High Street. People shopping. Banner across road advertising Marylebone summer festival. Union jack flags hang above road. Stock Photo

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in an editorial newsletter.
Start: 13 November 2023

Main entrance to Deloitte LLP offices in New Street Square, City of London, England, UK Stock Photo

Usage: Editorial, Editorial: Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 23 November 2023

• Like 1

I do like funny placards. Though for people fined for sitting alone in a park during the lockdowns this isssue is not funny. Just into $$ gross. Personal use. 

London, UK, 9th February, 2022. An anti brexit protester holds a placard critical of UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson with a 'cake attack' theme across the road from the House of Commons. Cakes refer to the parties at 10 Downing Street during the Covid-19 lockdowns.

2HME945.jpg

• Like 1

A group of St John Ambulance cadets carry out a training exercise in central Manchester, UK. $. 

Country: Worldwide Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on social media and digital platforms produced by Bauer Media Radio. Customer Marketing: - Internal publication services - “In house” produced marketing.Media: Website, app and social media Start: 24 November 2023 Duration: Unlimited.

WBE9N3.jpg

• Like 1

$

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 28-November-2023 ; Duration: Unlimited ;

Additional Details: Comedy Technologies, Inc., d/b/a IMGN Media multiple web and social placements/articles including in context promotions and paid media/boosted posts on the following platforms covered in the additional details section:

the-whisky-a-go-go-nightclub-on-sunset-b

Edited by Webby

On 02/11/2023 at 12:14, Jansos said:

Love it or hate it. Snapped in a supermarket in London with my Sony RX100.

Country: Australia and New Zealand. Midway $$. Usage: Magazine, Editorial print and digital, Any size, Any placement
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

Closeup of a jar of Marmite yeast extract stacked on a supermarket shelf in London, England, UK Stock Photo

Lowish $. Country: Worldwide. Usage: Editorial, For editorial use only in publications printed by React News/Green Street Advisors UK and published on associated digital and social media platforms. Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

The now derelict site of the former Earls Court Exhibition Centre in Earl's Court, West London, England, U.K. Stock Photo

When I was in my 20's living in NYC, a friend who had moved here from the UK introduced me to it ...not for the palate of this American (of Italian descent), but boy do I still love Lemon Curd. Probably good for my waistline that I no longer have it often as I've developed a gluten intolerance (and haven't found a good bread for toast) but occasionally I'll make myself pseudo toast anyway because hubby is a big jam lover and we always have quite the tempting assortment in our fridge.

Anyway that "love it or hate it" sale of yours brought back good memories despite the fact that I'm in the "hate it" category LOL Nice fee for a supermarket snap! Well done!

Edited by Marianne
Typos

brant-point-lighthouse-at-the-entrance-t

Low-not-quite-mid $$ - licensed on Thanksgiving - a good reason to work with a UK agency.

Usage: Consumer goods client. Consumer products. Any size, Any placement, Repeat use within the terms of the license. Region: UK 

Not long after my one and only day trip to Nantucket with a couple of non-photographer friends back in November of 2010, while wandering around a Barnes and Nobles, I spotted one of my licensed photos of a different lighthouse taken on that same day-trip on the front of a multi-lighthouse puzzle.

Perhaps because it is hard to get there - you need to take a ferry or small plane - or perhaps because there was some nice fall color - that single day has been my most lucrative single day shoot to date - Not just lighthouses either   😎  - and it's encouraging that they are still selling regularly 13 years later. Had a POD sale of another view of this lighthouse as a puzzle last week so it was interesting to see that this is also for consumer goods. 

• Love 1

23 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

U.S. editorial web use of mid $ (the U.S. prices are starting to look pretty grim).  School security in the U.S.

usa-safety-in-public-schools-police-offi

Even more grim is the need for school security in the US in primary schools. When I was in the dentist's waiting room today, a woman started telling me that right before she moved back here to NY from Florida a few months ago, she'd heard someone break into her house while she was alone one night and she was thinking that she didn't know where her husband kept his guns. I really don't get this fascination with weapons and the horrors it leads to. My BIL could hear the shots in Newtown from his home office one town away & my niece lost one of her friends who was trying to protect the kids that day. My other sister had friends who taught at Columbine & another close friend's kids had graduated from Parkland. (BTW, the woman said she hated guns & the burglar never came upstairs - and yet even she lives in a house with multiple weapons). 

This is a fabulous editorial image btw, the children walking together on an ordinary day and the stance of the police officer - it really tells a sad and important story. Well done! It makes me sad and angry and thoughtful.

I wish there was an emoji that stood for well done - it's hard to give a heart to something so disturbing. I guess it's the greenie. Hope this image makes a lot of people think. I believe it will. You deserve far more than $. 

15 minutes ago, Marianne said:

Even more grim is the need for school security in the US in primary schools. When I was in the dentist's waiting room today, a woman started telling me that right before she moved back here to NY from Florida a few months ago, she'd heard someone break into her house while she was alone one night and she was thinking that she didn't know where her husband kept his guns. I really don't get this fascination with weapons and the horrors it leads to. My BIL could hear the shots in Newtown from his home office one town away & my niece lost one of her friends who was trying to protect the kids that day. My other sister had friends who taught at Columbine & another close friend's kids had graduated from Parkland. (BTW, the woman said she hated guns & the burglar never came upstairs - and yet even she lives in a house with multiple weapons). 

This is a fabulous editorial image btw, the children walking together on an ordinary day and the stance of the police officer - it really tells a sad and important story. Well done! It makes me sad and angry and thoughtful.

I wish there was an emoji that stood for well done - it's hard to give a heart to something so disturbing. I guess it's the greenie. Hope this image makes a lot of people think. I believe it will. You deserve far more than $. 

Thanks Marianne!  Yes, sad situation.  Being in high school in the 1970s, we had no police at our schools.  The worst thing that happened was a rare fight between a couple of guys, no weapons involved.  This photo was taken for a magazine article about school security and this was a real police officer assigned to this school.  We just had to get a couple of kids whose parents allowed them to be photographed.