Positive Results 2023

10 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

My dashboard is telling me that, thanks to a rare Sunday high $$ sale, I've finally reached the $100K gross revenue milestone. I made my first submission (via CD) in mid-2007 and started making regular sales in 2008, so it has only taken me 15 years! Average price per image over the years is about $61, which is pretty good all things considered. Unfortunately, I've spent my share, but thanks very much, Alamy.

Β 

Dog Thank You GIF by MOODMAN

Β 

Very well done John! I'm behind you, it might never happen. πŸ…πŸ…

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Β 

Very well done John! I'm behind you, it might never happen. πŸ…πŸ…

Β 

Thanks very much, Gen. It strikes me that if I were starting out now, it would take a miracle, possibly even another lifetime to reach $100K. πŸ˜›

• Love 1

39 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

My dashboard is telling me that, thanks to a rare Sunday high $$ sale, I've finally reached the $100K gross revenue milestone. I made my first submission (via CD) in mid-2007 and started making regular sales in 2008, so it has only taken me 15 years! Average price per image over the years is about $61, which is pretty good all things considered. Unfortunately, I've spent my share, but thanks very much, Alamy.

Β 

Β 

Congratulations' John, well deserved!

Β 

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

• Like 1

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Β 

Thanks very much, Gen. It strikes me that if I were starting out now, it would take a miracle, possibly even another lifetime to reach $100K. πŸ˜›

Β 

Well done John.

Β 

I calculated for me to reach $100K I would have to live to 596 years old.

Β 

Allan

Β 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Well done John!!Β 

Β 

Well-deserved, by, (as far as I know), the only person on this forum qualified to be "Part of the Forum Furniture"!

Β 

Best,

Β 

Kumar

• Like 1

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Β 

Dog Thank You GIF by MOODMAN

Β 

Congratulations.Β Β  And more to come.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Congratulations! πŸŽ‰πŸ₯³πŸ₯‚A great hallmark to reach, which is out of the reach of most of us.

Β 

Thanks, Betty. I was lucky enough to have a collection of "saleable" images taken for another library that I could put on Alamy back in 2007, and they started licensing right away. Interestingly, I just did the math, and if I can maintain my current rate of annual gross income, it would be possible to reach $200K in about 15.4 more years. At that point, I'd be pushing 90. Not sure I have the patience or the genes to last that long. However, I'll probably keep going as long as I'm still having fun. That's the main thing. 😁

Β 

Β 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 3

12 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

However, I'll probably keep going as long as I'm still having fun.

Β 

Not having fun at the moment and losing interest after a borderline QC fail.

Β 

Been in klink for seven days with three days to go before I can upload again.

Β 

Allan

Β 

16 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Β 

Not having fun at the moment and losing interest after a borderline QC fail.

Β 

Been in klink for seven days with three days to go before I can upload again.

Β 

Allan

Β 

Very surprised you're not a 5-star general yet.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Very surprised you're not a 5-star general yet.

Β 

Too many fails. Had a lot in the early days then had at least one a year after that for some time. Later tried to do my best and even managed two or three years clear but I always managed to slip a fail in somewhere.

Β 

Allan

Β 

On 05/03/2023 at 22:09, John Mitchell said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Fabulous! Congrats!

• Like 1

Just had a $152 direct sale, catalogue use in Italy/Austria/Germany. Whether it's a museum catalogue the information doesn't say, but there do seem to be a lot of these sort of sales going about at the moment.

Β 

First $$$ sale in a couple of years, and together with two other half decent sales this month I have already reached half of last years gross earnings. Long may this continue.

• Love 2
  • Like 4

Missed your earlier post John, well done Sir !Β πŸ‘

Β 

In these parts a couple of low $$$ sales have just popped in, the euphoria slightly dampened as one is a distributor saleΒ Β πŸ™ƒ

• Love 1
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Bryan said:

Missed your earlier post John, well done Sir !Β πŸ‘

Β 

In these parts a couple of low $$$ sales have just popped in, the euphoria slightly dampened as one is a distributor saleΒ Β πŸ™ƒ

Β 

Thanks, Bryan. Encouraging to hear about your recent $$$ sales. If this year is any indication, it's probably going to be a slow "downward" ride (with the occasional upturn hopefully) for me now. 🎒

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1