Positive Results 2023

53 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

A $200 direct sale was invoiced today. Haven't seen one of those in awhile. 🤗

Excellent result John! Pleased for you.

May for me so far absolute rubbish. 2 mediocre sales and a refund from last month!

😒

• Like 1

On 04/04/2023 at 17:24, Michael Ventura said:

Yes, it shows as invoiced and cleared

I have a $250 infringement from January still uncleared. It's for a book that was released last June and had several Alamy images, which I brought to Alamy's attention, so I expect them to continue to follow through. They told me that it should be paid this month - well, not exactly, more like to expect it to clear by this month because it can take "up to 4 months to clear." 

The Good: With that sale included, I've made more than all of 2022 - without it, I'm still ahead of this time last year but my earnings to date will be far less a "good thing."  You'd think they'd follow up on infringements a lot sooner. It's an image that's exclusive to Alamy, and one they've noted as an infringement, so I can't take any action to follow up myself. 

4 hours ago, Doc said:

Excellent result John! Pleased for you.

May for me so far absolute rubbish. 2 mediocre sales and a refund from last month!

😒

Thanks. It almost feels like the good old days. Hopefully this one will stick. 🤞

I've already had a few mediocre sales (four low $$ and one $) reported this month. The good news is that they can add up to something worthwhile.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I got a surprise this morning too.  One sale for $574/230 of a lovely English castle.

That was tempered with another e-mail from HMRC saying that I need to file an income tax form for DACS income (I'm Canadian; no regard for the tax treaty).  I can't seem to stop HMRC.

• Love 1
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Steve Tucker said:

Interesting, just got a $384 sale but can you explain "In perpetuity Infringement"? Does this mean they are still chasing or it has been settled and the image can now be used by the infringer In perpetuity?

My guess is that the settlement allowed for use in perpetuity by the infringer.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

My guess is that the settlement allowed for use in perpetuity by the infringer.

I agree with Michael. In the current climate $384 is likely a fair settlement and now legal usage. 

• Love 1

3 sales this morning (end of May accounting I expect). $$$, $$, and a $. So a bit all-over-the-place, making it difficult to gauge if there's a real upward trend in fees.

I'll be taking some of the time allotted to my 'prize' consultation with James A (see another thread), to ask about fees generally and see how my sales can be improved.

I'm arrogant enough (after 45 years of professional photography work) to assume it's not the quality of my photography that is keeping my sales in the doldrums, generally. I might raise the dreaded A word. Algor...That's enough of that!

• Love 1

$3xx

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel - DM and brochure package
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Print run: Unlimited for duration of licence
Placement: Any - print inside, electronic, online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 09 June 2023
End: 09 June 2024
UNLIMTED use of image in brochures, direct mail, promotional emails and corporate website use (does not include advertising). DURATION: 3 Months

Hope it sticks!

Kumar

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

$3xx

Usage: Direct mail and brochures
Media: Travel - DM and brochure package
Industry sector: Travel & tourism
Print run: Unlimited for duration of licence
Placement: Any - print inside, electronic, online
Image Size: Any size
Start: 09 June 2023
End: 09 June 2024
UNLIMTED use of image in brochures, direct mail, promotional emails and corporate website use (does not include advertising). DURATION: 3 Months

Hope it sticks!

Kumar

Well done Kumar, nice one!

• Thanks 1

On 11/06/2023 at 12:28, Doc said:

Good to be hearing of these higher value sales! At least there are some still happening!

Kumar

I had a trio of $$$ sales show up today. That certainly hasn't happened for a long time. Hopefully no refunds in the works. 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I had a trio of $$$ sales show up today. That certainly hasn't happened for a long time. Hopefully no refunds in the works. 🤞🤞🤞

Woo hoo! Very impressive! Here you go. Gen running to check her sales.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Nice John!!  Puts a spring in your step, I bet! Hope they all stick!

• Like 1