Positive Results 2023

24 minutes ago, Paul Thompson said:

Nearly fell off my chair this morning as this dropped in

Usage: Commercial electronic
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 27 July 2023
Duration: In perpetuity Infringement. Website use.

$329

Nice one, congrats!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Thompson said:

$329

Nice one

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Thompson said:

$329

Please, let us know when cleared. I’ve been waiting for one 7 months now…

Also had a good one earlier today.  I assume both infringement and continuing licence:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Start: 27-July-2023 ; Duration: In perpetuity ;
   Additional Details: Infringement

$288.19

Image from 2011; before Alamy even came into my view.

• Like 5

It has been a long time since I've had a nice $$$ sale although I'm glad to report very few of the pathetic penny sales. $388 but I'm not telling as it would be easy for anyone to repeat/copy/reshoot

Weird! It was refunded in August and immediately sold again for an extra $8 ( currency rates I guess). Same for a maypole dancing shot but not for the same kind of money

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Like 5

July provided me with 5 sales (only) of around $1.30 cents each - what, seriously, is the point of that?

This morning I got a sale of $169, for UUF (Undeclared Usage Found). Interestingly, that image had been sold for another pittance a couple of months earlier. I have long held the view that buyers will 'try it on' more often than not, giving a false usage, to avoid paying the real price. 

Both the contributor and Alamy would benefit from a serious review of how UUF's can be identified.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, William Caram said:

Back on the GOLD 😃 

Well i have returned to Gold again with 5 sales for  this month of August, so nice to get a bigger portion of the pie...i was starting to lose weight.

Congratulations! That must be a great feeling.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, William Caram said:

Back on the GOLD 😃 

Well i have returned to Gold again with 5 sales for  this month of August, so nice to get a bigger portion of the pie...i was starting to lose weight.

Well done William!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, William Caram said:

Thanks Genevieve, a few more little nuggets in the pan...all's good.

ATB to you too.

I read the story of a young couple prospecting full time in their campervan. They have a 2 year old. He got hold of the metal detector and fiund a nugget 😁

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

Two lowish $$$ came in today meaning this will be my best ever month for revenue. Just shy of $500 with a day left.... (cue frantic keywording of all my not on sale images 😅)

Excellent Steve ! 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gvallee said:

I read the story of a young couple prospecting full time in their campervan. They have a 2 year old. He got hold of the metal detector and fiund a nugget 😁

Great story Genevieve, you know you have been driving over $$$$ gold bearing ground in your travels...a little detector like a Minelab SDC would put you on the gold 😃 I do very well here in Victoria.If you ever get down to Victoria i could show you how to use a detector and find gold.

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, William Caram said:

Great story Genevieve, you know you have been driving over $$$$ gold bearing ground in your travels...a little detector like a Minelab SDC would put you on the gold 😃 I do very well here in Victoria.If you ever get down to Victoria i could show you how to use a detector and find gold.

That's an idea, would probably pay more than Alamy! But God forbids the thought of having more stuff in our motorhome, we're full! 

• Love 2

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Had a $344 sale come in today for a commercial electronic use but at the end of the details, it says "additional details: infringement".   Hope it gets paid!!

I had one of those - a few dollars less. Fingers crossed

Several other (rather smaller) sales coming through today too. Good end to the month.

Edited by Phil Robinson
  • Love 1
  • Like 2