Positive Results 2023

On 06/03/2023 at 03:09, John Mitchell said:

My dashboard is telling me that, thanks to a rare Sunday high $$ sale, I've finally reached the $100K gross revenue milestone. I made my first submission (via CD) in mid-2007 and started making regular sales in 2008, so it has only taken me 15 years! Average price per image over the years is about $61, which is pretty good all things considered. Unfortunately, I've spent my share, but thanks very much, Alamy.

Dog Thank You GIF by MOODMAN

Many congratulations! I’m not far off $50,000 and with several $$$ sales (both to US) as well as higher $$ sales (to EU) this month things are looking up. It seems that the pitifully low $ sales I get are to the U.K. (I’m opted out of all of the other distributor/novel use stuff).

1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

The end-of-month 'rush' usually means lots of small sales, so it was gratifying to see a mid-$$$ sale drop in today...

Yes, me too!

Kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, John Morrison said:

The end-of-month 'rush' usually means lots of small sales, so it was gratifying to see a mid-$$$ sale drop in today...

Yes, 4 $$$ mid sales one refunded and just gone back in $1.50 Less!!

Nigel

• Love 3
  • Like 3

With licences still dropping in I'm on course to at least match my best month ever, and for the second month running mostly amounting from stock images rather than live news. I've also just passed through $60,000 gross sales to date. Happy with that.

• Love 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

With licences still dropping in I'm on course to at least match my best month ever, and for the second month running mostly amounting from stock images rather than live news. I've also just passed through $60,000 gross sales to date. Happy with that.

Hell fire! I still have a long way to go to reach that sort of figure never mind 42,469 photos loaded to Alamy.

Well done Phillip.

Allan

A couple infringement payouts came in today for low $$$.  I am very happy to see Alamy chasing infringement uses and getting nice results.  A better way to raise income for Alamy and the contributor and hopefully never see another decrease of commissions again.  Infringement chasing is a win for everyone. 

• Love 3
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A couple infringement payouts came in today for low $$$.  I am very happy to see Alamy chasing infringement uses and getting nice results.  A better way to raise income for Alamy and the contributor and hopefully never see another decrease of commissions again.  Infringement chasing is a win for everyone. 

I had a couple of those today (both mid $$). As you say, everyone wins.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I had a couple of those today (both mid $$). As you say, everyone wins.

Same here, two today for a bit higher than mid-$$. Very pleasantly surprised. 

7 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

A couple infringement payouts came in today for low $$$.

Just checking - do you mean Invoiced and cleared? I've now got around $500 gross of infringement invoices outstanding, but none have cleared yet.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

2 distributor sales reported today that netted me less than $10 in total, but the positive side of this is the gross revenue for 2023 to date now exceeds the gross revenue for the whole of 2022.

I don't know what you have done or are doing Alamy but thanks. 

• Love 2

Out of 5 images licensed this month. Two were at $125 each & today one dropped in for $150. All direct. Very unusual but thank you, Alamy. Sure wish they were at the old 60% for me.

Last month was pitiful.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Out of 5 images licensed this month. Two were at $125 each & today one dropped in for $150. All direct. Very unusual but thank you, Alamy. Sure wish they were at the old 60% for me.

Last month was pitiful.

Excellent! Well deserved!

• Like 1

May is saying to April "hold my beer" as it's so far reported twelve licences including some reasonable values contributing towards a figure already over a third of last month's total amount.

• Love 1