How was your October 2022?

Think that's it for me this month. 16 for $292 gross. Lots of tiddlers, helped by a decent $$$. CTR a bit meh at 0.51. Only 19 zooms, compared to 34 last month. Shaping up to be a decent year still, apart from having to 'run more' to make up for the commission drop... Finally cleared last year's gross.

Steve

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Worst month in maybe 15 years.  6 sales for $242 gross.  At least at an average of $40/sale, that is better than the Alamy average.  I did get an additional $78 infringement payout so that helped ease the sting of so few sales....I had been averaging 22 sales per month.

Edit: I suppose John was smart to wait, just had a straggler Presentation Use drop in so now it is 7 sales for a gross of $262.   

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Same as Michael, worse month in many years. Total collapse of sales and zooms.

8 sales for $90 (usually get around 20)

32 zooms (usually get around 80)

Average price $11

.70 CTR

Puzzled and demotivated.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

Sorry to hear that some people had a poor month. Hopefully things will improve. October was actually a good one for me. Two last-minute sales just dropped in, and it looks as if I'll end up with 20 sales for about $760 gross. Two $$$ ones in the mix plus several upper $$. A decent payout will be on the way as well, which should help improve my mood.

P.S. I do get the feeling that we're in some kind of "transition phase" but to what I'm not sure. 🤔

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Sorry to hear that some people had a poor month. Hopefully things will improve. October was actually a good one for me. Two last-minute sales just dropped in, and it looks as if I'll end up with 20 sales for about $760 gross. Two $$$ ones in the mix plus several upper $$. A decent payout will be on the way as well, which should help improve my mood.

P.S. I do get the feeling that we're in some kind of "transition phase" but to what I'm not sure. 🤔

That is excellent John, good to see that some had a good month!! Gives me hope for November!

• Love 3
  • Thanks 1

13 licences, $126 gross;  $43.38 net. Average $9.69 gross, $3.33 net.

Still grossly underperforming re Alamy's stated average.

Most of my sales seem to be to Planet Radio, downside low value sales, upside repeat sales, thank goodness for RM.

Luckily, China don't seem to like my files, so none of the almost-no-value sales others report (not in NU, don't know if that matters).

1 PU sale of a shop exterior, which seems rather unlikely as a PU.

Exceeded last year's sales, but way, way below on income.

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I've never liked October and find little good to say about it this year.

14 licenses for a bit over $350 or average down to $30 per.  License 

fees are a major concern to me.

Chuck

A couple came in hours after I wrote the above, but my average license for the year is $30.00.  In 2008 it was $247.00 OUCH.

Edited by Chuck Nacke
addition
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I had 24 for $496 gross ($198 net). A bit below my average, but not too bad. Best was one for $100 exactly, but on the positive side avoided too many real tiddlers this month, with the lowest at $2.85. Zooms also a bit below par.

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Like Michael , Betty , Gvallee and others worst in years. Since the re rank earlier in the year my Alamy situation has completely crashed.  Compared to last October views down 60%  zooms down 55%  and just 2 sales !!! I have to go back to 2007 to see such a poor month. I don't feel very hopeful for any sort of recovery

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1