How was your October 2022?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Hi Reeray - what I meant was that looking at Measures, the largest searches my images have been seen can often only be as little as 200 or so views.  Or looking at it another way, in none of the search terms used that day in which my images were seen, did the searcher look at more than 200 images. 

Kumar

Warrants a topic of it's own.

My two main pseudos in October:

2.63 % of sessions viewed more than 1 page

2.11 % of sessions viewed more than 1 page

(total of sessions: 3,782)

wim

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Hi Reeray - what I meant was that looking at Measures, the largest searches my images have been seen can often only be as little as 200 or so views.  Or looking at it another way, in none of the search terms used that day in which my images were seen, did the searcher look at more than 200 images. 

Kumar

Thank Doc - clear now

Summary for 01 October 2022 to 31 October 2022 ( 2 item(s) totalling $33.51 )

Terrible month for me on Alamy Stock. Lots of sales this month on the iPhone App though. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Lisa said:

Summary for 01 October 2022 to 31 October 2022 ( 2 item(s) totalling $33.51 )

Terrible month for me on Alamy Stock. Lots of sales this month on the iPhone App though. 

so are u alsp using apple on alamy? so more sale on apple or mobile more than using cameras?

8 hours ago, Alexander Hog said:

I and a lot of others feel the same way This is the response that I got when asked There does not seem to be anything wrong with Alamy measures.

Well then there must be something wrong with the way the image search works these days, if customers are mostly seeing only one page of results.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Well then there must be something wrong with the way the image search works these days, if customers are mostly seeing only one page of results.

There's no way of knowing how much of that page customers are seeing.

My guess is that many will not go beyond 2 or 3 rows. Try looking at 100 images on your phone.

wim

Numbers have been around the same now since June – October no real difference in that regard.

Gross fees in October – lower than expected for the month.

No payout at the end of October (my uncleared balance a multiple of threshold figure– dashboard reads balance as 19$ other Alamy information states 88$). This was due to 5 August licences and many more September licences not being paid by end of October.

No August payment for the same reason also – licences not paid within time-scale expected. Alamy (I think) made reference to greater credit control when it filed is annual accounts – it still needs to do better.

At one stage I thought I might be one for a best year ever in terms of gross revenue but that thought is fading unless the last two months of the year perform exceptionally well. The reality is that when you strip out some larger licences and look at what's left the bottom is still sinking.

Of most concern to me is the loss of what I term good old mid-range images – 20$ to 75$ for example.

Given the last contract debacle all my images moved to “editorial only” given concern over distributors and indemnities back then. I opted out of distribution and Novel use but like most there are still a huge proportion of "two for a peanut” net.

Other feedback has been useful – the PA syndication rates that some have had are a disgrace; not acceptable, but what can we do?

Even with a rare 100$ sale most of us only get 40% - good to see 100$+ sales on any account and then you look at the net – oh dear.

The new website fiasco, collections (???) and lack of simple basic communication from Alamy to help contributors (and then Alamy in turn) do better is a shambles and I really do wonder what strategic direction the ship is sailing in. But I accept the market is intense, over-saturated on many topics and buyers have no loyalty.

BTW whatever happened to all the CT sales people used to post about monthly?

Nothing stays still.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

At last a slightly better month for me 5 sales for $183 gross, $65 net. Overall this year is looking grim though, with Gross sales revenue so far at about 40% of last year's total :(

My DACs claim just came in at £155, which helps.

Mark 

• Love 1

Better than last month!

17 sales for $392.

Lowest $0.24 (x 3); Highest $205.88 (!) on the last day.

$92.95 infringement payout too.

Zooms and Views very low.

John.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/11/2022 at 20:25, rose22 said:

so are u alsp using apple on alamy? so more sale on apple or mobile more than using cameras?

Alamy Stock (cameras)  = 495 sales

iPhone app = 154 sales