Images sold in November 2021

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Echo has a sweet look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q4TEL-K_zQ

This is the kind of guitar I played, Spanish finger-style classical. No pick. This number is part of one of my ex-stepson's. Hanny's singing here. The guitarist is a guy in Barcelona. I like this number but the album was directionless. 

I like that. I didn’t realize classical with nylon strings could ring out that well. Bob bought me a classical once, but it was cheap, and the action was so high the strings practically shredded my fingertips, even though I had calluses. I couldn’t play it.

I have explored finger picking, Travis-style, but my fingers haven’t obeyed me, yet. I think finger-picking is the hardest style to master.
Good on you, that was perfect.

26 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Nobody can play if the strings are too high. You need to replace the bridge, that white bar at the bottom that the strings cross.

That was a long time ago, Ed, and I knew nothing about guitars. I had absolutely no idea it could have been fixed. I basically was just as dumb this time around, but with the Internet (not available then) I did some research before buying my Martin. Before, I didn’t even know guitars had “action”. I asked the shop owner if he could lower the action, and he did that while I waited. It makes all the difference to me.

I research everything these days, and learn a lot. Although a lot of the technical things with computers still confound me.

I’ve practiced enough lately on the guitar that I’m beginning to have some small breakthroughs. My biggest thing is that with arthritis, I must keep each practice session short. I just do several short ones a day. In a way that’s good, because it gives my brain time to allow things to marinate and gel between practices.

Ahhh, a Martin! The king of acoustics. 

I was trying to find a video of Mark Knopfler playing where you could see what he's doing with his fingers. Instead of playing with a pick or using all the fingers on his right hand in the traditional country or classical way, he alternates between his thumb and just one finger I've never seen anyone else do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJwJ11-pmxg

1 minute ago, Ed Rooney said:

I was trying to find a video of Mark Knopfler playing where you could see what he's doing with his fingers. Instead of playing with a pick or using all the fingers on his right hand in the traditional country or classical way, he alternates between his thumb and just one finger I've never seen anyone else do that.

another one

(I was listening to it just before dinner.)

wim

2 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Ahhh, a Martin! The king of acoustics. 

Wow. Thumb and one finger. He’s amazing.

I’ll have to try that. Maybe on the song “I Dropped My Dolly in the Dirt”. About my speed right now! 😁I actually could play (piano) and sing this when I was 4.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiBlI-my4z0AhWYKs0KHbmxAwsQwqsBegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D1aF-g50MLvA&usg=AOvVaw02mtbqgEQCDFGC-mDGZXNt

Edited by Betty LaRue

Reportage, RM, low $

Usage: Editorial, For Editorial use on the customers website and social media platforms (excludes advertising)

Media: Website, app and social media

Start: 08 November 2021

Duration: Unlimited

Empty crisp shelves due to Walkers Crisps production crisis. Shot on my RX100 in local Tesco while shopping last week.

uk-tesco-superstore-crisp-section-empty-shelves-display-sorry-temporary-out-of-stock-walkers-crisp-supply-chaos-very-limited-deliveries-of-walkers-crisps-due-to-walkers-production-cut-caused-by-their-recent-it-system-upgrade-problems-severe-walkers-crisps-shortage-causes-shortage-other-brands-of-crisps-as-shoppers-buy-alternatives-credit-stephen-bellalamy-2H4NHDD.jpg

• Love 1

This character gets zoomed but has always slipped the net until now.         Migrating sea trout, Scotland.

Usage: Corporate Package Use - electronic communications only - non advertising use.

Industry sector: Non Profit - other.

Start 8.11.21    End 8.11.31

$xx  well above my average.

Usage: https://www.cpre.org.uk/discover/a-month-in-the-countryside-connecting-with-nature-in-november/#:~:text=Catch thrills by,something like this

sea-trout-scotland-uk-2BEKBD1.jpg
Edited by Roy Waller
Usage found.
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

Sold for pittance low $.  Wouldn't even have paid for the toll!

Usage: Editorial, For editorial use on website and associated social media
Start: 08 November 2021
End: 08 November 2022

Cars at the toll barriers on the entrance to the Tyne Tunnel in Newcastle

toll-barriers-at-the-northern-approach-to-the-tyne-tunnel-in-north-F3WKKE.jpg

Mine was definitely a CT use. I found it several weeks ago and had recently reported it to Alamy. This sale makes 2021 my highest year for sales. I believe it’s also the highest in gross revenue, but this sale didn’t do much to help. 

woman-standing-in-front-of-beverage-kios

Edited by Cecile Marion
  • Love 3

Mid $$ 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 10-November-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity ; Additional Details: Editorial: Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.

us-air-force-heritage-flight-of-f22-raptor-stealth-fighter-and-p51-HR55NT.jpg

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Historic Saab J29F. Low $

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 October 2021
Duration: In perpetuity Latvia, Editorial website

saab-j29f-tunnan-of-the-swedish-air-forc

• Love 1

Reasonable $$ - Commercial electronic, Use in a single website, app, social media or blog (excludes advertising), worldwide.

Brightly coloured ventilation shafts at 88 Wood Street in the City of London, UK Stock Photo

<$20 - >$15 - Editorial. Unusually they specified where it was to be used - editorial use in Eikoku News Digest, Doitsu News Digest, Japan

Greater London House, formerly The Carreras Cigarette Factory, in Mornington Crescent, Camden, London, England, Stock Photo

They get an image for ever, I get what Edo would call a dime. 10¢. I call it disgusting.

Usage: Editorial, E-learning, website and social media and app, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity
Placement: Single Placement
Image Size: Any size
Start: 10 November 2021
Duration: Unlimited

crane-and-concrete-pump-outside-burj-khalifa-dubai-united-arab-emirates-CN5JKJ.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2