How was your May 2021

A good month for sales with 49, but a bad month for fees at $806. I managed 4 at low $$$, 7 at very low $$ and the rest were $ rubbish.  June has already yielded a high $$ sale so this could be a good month.  Onwards!

• Love 3
  • Like 1

second month in a row where numbers of sales are approaching pre-pandemic numbers, but gross income still falling a bit short.

71 for $1550; only one for $$$ (and that's one I will be likely removing in the next few weeks).. CTR 0.69

Kumar

Edited by Doc
  • Love 5
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

A good month for sales with 49, but a bad month for fees at $806. I managed 4 at low $$$, 7 at very low $$ and the rest were $ rubbish.  June has already yielded a high $$ sale so this could be a good month.  Onwards!

With a relatively low port, you achieve effective results. I think you know exactly what you're doing. No need to travel to Machu Picchu, China and the bushes yet. There are a lot of interesting things around us when we know how to catch them. 🙃

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Radim said:

With a relatively low port, you achieve effective results. I think you know exactly what you're doing. No need to travel to Machu Picchu, China and the bushes yet. There are a lot of interesting things around us when we know how to catch them. 🙃

I do know what sells at this stage and most of my port is of pics taken within an hour's drive of where I live.  Still, we all want more, don't we?!

• Love 2
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

I do know what sells at this stage and most of my port is of pics taken within an hour's drive of where I live.  Still, we all want more, don't we?!

I like the sea and the coast, but unfortunately I can't get on the bike and get to it. It would take me a lot of time and I would not have time for a homemade dinner. I'm probably getting old or I'm getting spoiled, maybe both.

01 May 2021 to 31 May 2021 ( 7 item(s) totalling $151.22 ).

50% = $75.61

40% = $60.48

A businessman I know said that if you can't get your customers to pay you a reasonable rate, then change your customers !

With the commission change and new contract, I shall not leave, but I won't be uploading anymore to Alamy.

• Love 3
  • Like 2

15 sales for $242 gross, $142 net.🙂

But... I notice one image sold 3x on the same day with the identical terms, and another sold 2x on the same day, again with identical terms. I fear a glitch in the system and refunds may follow. If they do that would knock the numbers down to $187 gross, $84 net.😞

I'm also seeing a further drop in the fees paid by newpapers. 😞

On the bright side CTR% and Zooms still holding up well.

Mark

• Love 2

On 01/06/2021 at 12:38, AlbertSnapper said:

01 May 2021 to 31 May 2021 ( 7 item(s) totalling $151.22 ).

50% = $75.61

40% = $60.48

A businessman I know said that if you can't get your customers to pay you a reasonable rate, then change your customers !

With the commission change and new contract, I shall not leave, but I won't be uploading anymore to Alamy.

I respect that. Each of us have to determine when the returns doesn’t justify the work. For me, I live alone, retired, and both photography and painting gives me something to get up for every day. If I’m going to do it anyway, I’ll not turn down the small income to pay for my cameras. I have all the lenses I’ll ever need, but I do upgrade cameras every so often.

• Love 1
  • Like 1