Positive results 2021

Had a use in the Sunday Express for a celebrity pic (Phoebe Dynevor in Birmingham - star of Bridgerton). Alamy News kindly notified me by email with a tearsheet.

58owImt.png]

(top right!)

• Love 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Reimar said:

It's been a while since I could post here, but after those five 10/3 cents sales I got a $221/89 sale today.

As Ian said, take the rough with the smooth.

That's encouraging to hear. I just noticed that I have a $200/80 sale invoiced today. Don't anything about it yet, though.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bittersweet, in the context of recent Alamy news.  But the sun is shining today and I'll take all of the positive I can get right now.  Hope you're having a good day, wherever you are.

Felix

p2542053620-4.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 2

Not as good as the other good news on here, particularly with the new contract in the offing, but had my biggest sale since Jan 2019, no sales above $20 dollars until today, but I've had one for $47 for a cover of a book with a small 2,500 run, I've not uploaded much for the last 2 years for several reasons and was about to, until I saw the new contract, so a bit of a strange feeling. 

I know you have to keep uploading to move forward and like most things last year, things have been quiet, but I might be doing it elsewhere

Chris

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see this positive thread fell so far down. So I'll keep it floating.

A $136 direct sale this morning, for a photo taken in 2009. 🤑

Edited by Gabbro
  • Love 3
  • Like 2

Alright, I'll chip in. An 19th sale this month just dropped in for $89. 

I fondly remember the days when any license below $100 was depressing. How things have changed.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3

Well as of about a week ago despite some very low $ sales, my revenue for this year is still ~26% higher than the total for last year despite having only ~89% of the sales volume. I'd guess I'll surpass last year's sales volume right around the time the new contract kicks in. 

• Love 1

So much doom and gloom lately, thought I'd share something positive here. 

At the year's halfway point, I'm one image shy of meeting last year's sales, and have already earned more than three times as much as last year. Three $$$ sales (one exclusive) in January helped a lot (now cleared and paid, whew!). Sales since then have been pretty consistent, though much lower $$ since. 

Granted comparing to 2020, a bad year, gives a rosier picture, but my gross sales numbers are also higher than they were in 2018 and 2019, though net is somewhat lower than either of those years but comparing six months to 12, I am well ahead so not bad since there is half a year left to catch up and surpass those numbers. 

Edited by Marianne
  • Like 5

Positive, my second $$$ this week.  The first one a low $$$ for an IQ Sale, and today a Mid $$$ for a Direct Mail and brochures.....  Both direct.  Second is my highest licence to date, quick turn-around as Account Rep contacted me last week to waive a restriction.  

The not so positive, one month for now Alamy would charge me almost the equivalent of the first licence's net earning in extra for their service. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

Positive, my second $$$ this week.  The first one a low $$$ for an IQ Sale, and today a Mid $$$ for a Direct Mail and brochures.....  Both direct.  Second is my highest licence to date, quick turn-around as Account Rep contacted me last week to waive a restriction.  

The not so positive, one month for now Alamy would charge me almost the equivalent of the first licence's net earning in extra for their service. 

I suggest you add “truss bridge” to your keywords of your rail bridge on the first page.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/truss-bridge

• Thanks 1