Positive results 2021

On 25/06/2021 at 19:22, Betty LaRue said:

I suggest you add “truss bridge” to your keywords of your rail bridge on the first page.

https://www.britannica.com/technology/truss-bridge

interesting, since my focus of the image was mainly the closed off part of it and the naming, so i thought the architectural component was likely not of interest of someone looking for that specifically, so i'll get a wider lens and try and go and capture that component now.  thanks  

• Love 1

5 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

interesting, since my focus of the image was mainly the closed off part of it and the naming, so i thought the architectural component was likely not of interest of someone looking for that specifically, so i'll get a wider lens and try and go and capture that component now.  thanks  

I never knew what a truss bridge was until I researched this one a few miles from my old home in Oklahoma City several years back. 
D5N1F8.jpg

Yesterday I searched my portfolio for bridges, and found a couple of truss foot bridges, also. I had not included that tag, but have now. You never know when someone may search for a truss bridge specifically.

2ATT495.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I never knew what a truss bridge was until I researched this one a few miles from my old home in Oklahoma City several years back. 

Yesterday I searched my portfolio for bridges, and found a couple of truss foot bridges, also. I had not included that tag, but have now. You never know when someone may search for a truss bridge specifically.

Here's a bunch. Invented by a Scotsman I believe, like most things.

KDN3PP.jpg2APBYF5.jpgD0FBG5.jpg

First one's actually in Scotland; NZ; Dresden.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

On 27/06/2021 at 14:08, Phil Robinson said:

I've never yet had a month on Alamy with sales on every working day (Mon-Fri).
Three days to go and on track for the first time - newspapers still to report, fingers crossed....

One day left - nearly there....

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 28/06/2021 at 11:53, spacecadet said:

Here's a bunch. Invented by a Scotsman I believe, like most things.

KDN3PP.jpg2APBYF5.jpgD0FBG5.jpg

First one's actually in Scotland; NZ; Dresden.

From what I read, no attribution for inventor, but the first patent went to an American.

Just noticed went through $2000 since I joined Alamy in 2018 took 86 licences. I have know idea if thats a good average, at least it's a milestone of sorts. Got a sneaking suspicion that with licences dropping the next 2000 will take a fair bit longer.😏

• Love 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aphperspective said:

Just noticed went through $2000 since I joined Alamy in 2018 took 86 licences. I have know idea if thats a good average, at least it's a milestone of sorts. Got a sneaking suspicion that with licences dropping the next 2000 will take a fair bit longer.😏

probably back on average per image sold - well done

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/07/2021 at 00:40, Michael Ventura said:

Just had a late day sale drop in for $250!  TV use. Just under the wire to get 50%! Phew 😅 

Yes, I’ve had several $$$ sales reported this week, thank goodness. Still waiting for a book cover of a book published in May though.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

😄😄😄

Blimey... just checked... and a $$$ sale has dropped in!

Blimey, just checked... and... tumbleweeds 😛

But it's about 10 degrees cooler in the office than at home, so an incentive to get back into the office I guess!

2 hours ago, Sally said:

Just noticed I’ve topped 1000 sales and with today’s news sales I’ll have topped $30,000 gross. So much more work now to achieve this with the commission increase.

Well done Sally - an old saying "You only get out what you put in" and you have put a few shifts and a half in since 2017!

30 sales dropped in late last night with three for $$$ and a bunch of $$.  Looking at the difference between gross and net now the new contract is in effect is demoralising.  Onwards!

• Love 2
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Looking at the difference between gross and net now the new contract is in effect is demoralising. 

Yes, the small sales are demoralising... because they're small... and the big sales are demoralising... because of Alamy's cut. The 60% is a step too far. Getting less for my skill/labour than the agency which handles my pix has knocked the wind out of my sails/sales. A smaller percentage of less and less is unsustainable... whether I'm talking about my income, my motivatiion or my work satisfaction. I'll upload a few pix every month, to keep my port ticking over... but the interest is draining away like water through sand.

• Love 2
  • Like 7

12 hours ago, Sally said:

Just noticed I’ve topped 1000 sales and with today’s news sales I’ll have topped $30,000 gross. So much more work now to achieve this with the commission increase.

Congrats Sally!

Kumar