Most Licenced Image

Just a curious question what is the most repeat licences from 1 image. I only ask because I have one that is nothing special just a shot of a Supermarket front that was taken while herself was doing the Supermarket trundle. 8 times so far, never pays much but over time has covered the petrol.🙂

I have one image that I knew had licensed a few times and thought that was it.  On doing a quick check there are three repeat sellers with one at 8 times another at 7 times and one at 6 times. There are a few at three or four licenses each too.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

I've a couple on 8 licences.  

Adult Red admiral butterfly, Vanessa atalanta, feeding on the September flowers of Sedum spectabile Stock Photo

and

Close up of single flower of the summer  long blooming Geum 'Totally Tangerine' Stock Photo

The red admiral butterfly has had the most varied uses, for a calendar, in a book, on TV and in UK newspapers.  Not great prices but they all add up.  It's certainly paid for the expense of the 40 foot trip down the garden,

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Reimar said:

Unlike other stock sites, I don't see an easy way to tell image license numbers on Alamy.  Am I missing something?

I counted the thumbnails from my sales history printouts, knowing which image it was. There isn't any easy way to check online, no. I never found a way of getting the sales history into a spreadsheet (so you could search by reference number) without its looking like a dog's dinner.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

There isn't any easy way to check online, no

The Alamy/Lightroom Bridge add-on will give you the Sales count and Revenue for each image. It runs a "report" on Alamy. When I have some time I'll see if I can show you how it looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reimar said:

Unlike other stock sites, I don't see an easy way to tell image license numbers on Alamy.  Am I missing something?

Easy to do if you use Alamy Lightroom Bridge as it downloads sales data and sales counts, and then you can create a smart collection. I have one taken only last year of a (minor) celebrity which has sold 16 times.

I don't know how many sales in all but I have a set of images from a shoot, years ago, that continue to sell.  I don't show the photos as they could be copied (with some effort) but they have brought is a gross of $12,838 (gross) since being on Alamy.

Just had another sale from this shoot come in today for high $$! I wish I had more of these types of "evergreen" photos.

Edited by Michael Ventura

This usually pops up once a year.  13 sales so far, latest in September this year - all except one for educational/text book, North America.  It was one of my first submissions to Alamy.  Mont Pourri, French Alps, taken in 1975, Olympus OM1, Kodachrome.  

Mont Pourri in the French Alps, France - Stock Image

• Like 1

40 sales (mainly newspaper web so not a lot of cash) but nothing since a more successful contributor (not, to my knowledge, a forum dweller) took a very similar shot.  Indeed three of my best selling images have suffered at the hands of this person.  In each case a steady stream of sales evaporated to nothing.  Presumably entirely innocent, all predictable newspaper fodder,  but very annoying!

Edited by Bryan

2 hours ago, Mr Standfast said:

I have a niner.

Remember when we played conkers, anything which won more than a couple of games was a hundreder...

I used to play "conkers" when I was a kid living in London. Wonderful game. I still collect chestnuts every fall.  But I digress...

• Like 1

Can't think of one image in particular. However, a number of my Latin America (especially Mexico, where I've done a lot of roaming) images license several times per year. They tend to be subjects that have little or no coverage on Alamy, or elsewhere in some cases.  Scarcity seems to be the main factor as I don't think that any of my multiple sellers would win any prizes.

It would be really helpful to have stats -- number of views, zooms, sales, etc. -- available for individual images. Hint, hint... 😎

49 minutes ago, Bryan said:

40 sales (mainly newspaper web so not a lot of cash) but nothing since a more successful contributor (not, to my knowledge, a forum dweller) took a very similar shot.  Indeed three of my best selling images have suffered at the hands of this person.  In each case a steady stream of sales evaporated to nothing.  Presumably entirely innocent, all predictable newspaper fodder,  but very annoying!

Sorry to hear that. Copycatting is indeed annoying but inevitable I fear. We're a copycat species. 😼

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1