How was your October 2020?

Somewhat premature, but it's a safe bet I won't get any sales today. 11 sales for $71, first ever refund and $26 in DACs which was a welcome addition. Other good news, I sold 51 photos in 2018 and in 2019 - I'm now on 58 so far for the year. Less good news, I've added a lot of pictures to get more sales this year, but then the Alamy collection has increased a lot this year too. Reminds me of the red queen running to stay in the same spot in Alice in Wonderland. Hope you all had a good month.

• Love 7

Alright month here......  8 item(s) totalling $389.93 gross.

All but one image had licenced before. All pics a few years old. Youngest was 4 years old, four of them were in the 10 - 20 year ago range.

Not in UK newspaper scheme, PU or NU.

Had a $3. DACS payment too. Don't know what that was for, as I claim myself. Maybe TV use?

• Love 3

Had not a sausage until I checked this morning and found two sold both for mid $$ dated yesterday from zooms that I got about a month ago, so a great result for October. I wasn't convinced they'd sell but given both images (different but same subject area) had been zoomed I'd have found it more odd had they not sold down the line.

I'm very thankful for these sales as I have put a lot of work into expanding my port over the 1000 mark this year and am starting to get regular(ish) sales now averaging around 1 good mid $$ photo each month so looking promising even for a port that has almost no human subjects in it (I am hoping to change that in the coming months). 

• Love 6
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, AlbertSnapper said:

Alright month here......  8 item(s) totalling $389.93 gross.

All but one image had licenced before. All pics a few years old. Youngest was 4 years old, four of them were in the 10 - 20 year ago range.

Not in UK newspaper scheme, PU or NU.

Had a $3. DACS payment too. Don't know what that was for, as I claim myself. Maybe TV use?

I posted too early !  😀

A teatime sale has just arrived from the USA......presentation use....for this.....

cattle-on-the-putting-green-on-minchinhampton-common-gloucestershire-B1XKB7.jpg

Cattle on the putting green, on Minchinhampton Common, Gloucestershire, UK.

So a total of 9 for $409.92.

• Love 4
  • Like 2

The full-figured lady hasn't sung here yet either, but barring a last-minute aria, October looks like a spot-on average month with 14 sales for $668 gross (DACS not included). One $$$ license to report. Zooms remain somewhat pitiful. This appears to be the new normal, but oddly it doesn't seem to be (?) affecting sales much.

Happy Halloween!

Jack O Lantern Halloween GIF by Chris Timmons

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

I had 10 sales, a DACS TV payment and one large refund.  My take home pay for the month is $34.  Without the refund that would have been about the same as the $100 I got from each of my other two sites.

Those on daylight savings time: remember to turn your clocks back tonight.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

So I'll start by saying that I am happy.  15 licenses for $774.00 makes me very happy and to be honest couldn't have expected more considering the times, size of port etc.  DACS payback TV only portion via Alamy was $82; the other I claimed myself;and that was quite a decent amount as well, overall making this a terrific month for me.  I always have to remind myself that I restricted PUs and that could be having a negative impact on the number of sales, how much of an impact I don't know but can only find out once I remove those restrictions.  I am  now considering removing them to see what changes.  At the time I was desperately trying to stem the flow of monthly PU refunds

Helen

Couldn't remember the exact amount for the DACS portion I claimed myself.  Just logged in to DACS ;  net royalty was £362.63 but after WHT deduction I get £290.10.

Edited by hsessions
  • Love 2
  • Like 1