Images sold in July 2020

Personal use, not much $... and after all that effort going back in time and all...

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 15 July 2020
End: 15 July 2025

Roman garrison at Vindolanda Fort in Northumberland

A  re-enactment  of typical Roman weapons and tactics given at the site of Vindolanda Roman Fort in Northumberland, Stock Photo

14 minutes ago, Olivier Parent said:

Worldwide, Presentation or newsletters, 5 years, $$

star-wars-darth-vader-helmet-replica-by-riddell-FNY829.jpg

Star Wars, Darth Vader

What is the story behind this? Is this a replica. Did you need to get a release from Lucasfilm/Disney or something? Maybe the buying company can get the release...

14 minutes ago, Gareth Sewell said:

What is the story behind this? Is this a replica. Did you need to get a release from Lucasfilm/Disney or something? Maybe the buying company can get the release...

Industrial designs aren't protected by copyright in the EU as they're mass-produced, and design right only lasts 10 or 15 years, so it's expired.

LFL went to court over this- they won in the US but lost in the UK and the UK courts won't enforce the US judgment. See Lucasfilm v Ainsworth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Industrial designs aren't protected by copyright in the EU as they're mass-produced, and design right only lasts 10 or 15 years, so it's expired.

LFL went to court over this- they won in the US but lost in the UK and the UK courts won't enforce the US judgment. See Lucasfilm v Ainsworth.

Cheers thanks!

• Thanks 1

Loch Leven, Glencoe

Country: United Kingdom ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic ;  Print run: up to 500,000 ;  Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-June-2020 ; End: 01-June-2025 ;
 Additional Details: Duration: 3 months. Any placement: Inside or cover.

2 licences, each $. Pretty pitiful for print.

Found it in Yachting Monthly. They whacked up the saturation too.

Taken on a Steenbeck job that paid about 200 times as much🤩

KDN3PJ.jpg

Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 2

$ distributor sale 🙁

DF8Y2H.jpg

Usage: Editorial

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic

Print run: up to 10,000

Placement: Inside

Start: 01-June-2020 ; End: 01-June-2025

Additional Details: Singapore, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

east-lothian-scotland-uk-29th-march-2020

This turned up in a magazine called Sporting Gun, June issue and licensed today - you can’t choose who buys a image. Single figure dollars.

Second sale of the day. Luckily the other one was a better price.

Edited by Sally

calle-compaa-by-night-salamanca-iglesia-de-la-clerencia-y-casa-de-DGY02N.jpg

Usage: Personal use, Personal prints, cards and gifts. Non-commercial use only, not for resale.
Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use
Start: 18 July 2020
End: 18 July 2025

Another PU ....

Usage: Presentation or newsletters, Use in a presentation/talk (eg,Powerpoint and Keynote) or in a newsletter.
Start: 17 July 2020
End: 17 July 2025

Full price but one of those weird affiliate sales so I only get 43.5%.

Pleased to see one of my favourite subjects license.

mosaic-of-byzantine-emperor-justinian-bishop-maximian-general-belisarius-and-attendants-basilica-of-san-vitale-ad547-ravenna-emilia-romagna-italy-TRTY8M.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 1

Old image taken in the early to mid 90's   

Usage: Presentation or newsletter, Use in a single presentation (e.g. Powerpoint or Keynote) or in a newsletter.

Wheelchair bound british gulf war veteran holds his medals outside the ministry of defence headquarters in london Stock Photo

Low $$ 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 20-July-2020 ; End: 20-July-2025 ;Additional Details: Editorial Website Use, Social Media, Worldwide, 5 years

trooping-the-colour-2018-meghan-markle-duchess-of-sussex-and-prince-harry-duke-of-sussex-in-carriage-on-the-mall-london-P0MPWM.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

M56 motorway with pylons at sunrise Frodsham Cheshire UK concept early start commute power industry workers back to work daily grind Stock Photo

Sold earlier in the month, something about government use. Quite pleased as I took this on a whim after not being able to fall asleep, this is about 5.30AM. I don't do mornings, except when I do, so that was lucky.

I'm guessing the theme is either to do with the roadworks on that motorway or the keyword concepts about going back to work, etc.

Edited by Cal
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, Cal said:

M56 motorway with pylons at sunrise Frodsham Cheshire UK concept early start commute power industry workers back to work daily grind Stock Photo

Sold earlier in the month, something about government use....

I had a government use recently for an image with police and paramedic crews. I wondered whether it was for a budget illustration, as to where our taxes go. Perhaps this too?

40 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Very happy with this sale. To Australia for a puzzle. A new one on me. High $$$

KAP40J.jpg

Congratulations. I've had a few puzzle sales but not for quite some time.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1