Images sold in July 2020

I took this photo only a couple of weeks ago literally in my own backyard, so I was happy to see it license so quickly. However, all this for low $ ... 😟

Usage: Commercial electronic, Website, including online marketplaces such as Amazon and Ebay, social media and app use, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 20 July 2020
End: 20 July 2025

Hmmm... "in perpetuity" for five years? 😕

closeup-of-lavatera-barnsley-baby-flower

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 4

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)

Mid $$

solar-panels-on-the-roof-of-factories-fr

Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)

Mid $$

night-view-lighting-display-in-jewel-cha

• Love 2

2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

lovely pic, should be getting more

CC

Thank you. I can just see the window of the room I stayed in on the right. It was my first trip to Africa and I had loved the book "Raising Daisy Rothschild" about the British couple who raised a baby giraffe to help keep that kind in the area. When she grew up and they tried to "free" her she just wanted to come into the house with them. Now it is a lodge and there are Rothschild giraffes that come every day and stick their heads in the windows for kibble. So enchanting.

Paulette

• Love 2

This dropped in today as a personal use which seemed a bit odd to me. 
man-leaning-on-car-head-in-hands-in-desp

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 21-July-2020 ; End: 21-July-2025 ; 
  Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, NYCat said:

Thank you. I can just see the window of the room I stayed in on the right. It was my first trip to Africa and I had loved the book "Raising Daisy Rothschild" about the British couple who raised a baby giraffe to help keep that kind in the area. When she grew up and they tried to "free" her she just wanted to come into the house with them. Now it is a lodge and there are Rothschild giraffes that come every day and stick their heads in the windows for kibble. So enchanting.

Paulette

Wow! Such a great story, never heard of that or them before, what a fabulous place to stay

CC

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

$$

BBK1RF.jpg

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Bionic said:

This dropped in today as a personal use which seemed a bit odd to me. 
man-leaning-on-car-head-in-hands-in-desp

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 21-July-2020 ; End: 21-July-2025 ; 
  Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

This is a double-whammy (or is it triple with the flat tyre?) : Affiliate and PU.

I had one last month, Affiliate and Presentation.

Edited by gvallee

It's been a couple of dry weeks, but this just dropped in for higher than mid $$.
Start: 21 July 2020
End: 21 July 2025

lovely-abalone-shell-haliotis-clathrata-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-F8E012.jpg

• Love 1

My July low-value surge continues. This one from the Czech Republic (editorial website, bulk rate) that popped in today will net me <$1.00. Oh well, one has to philosophical about these things. 🤓

Maya rulers, Copan, Honduras

detail-of-altar-q-that-shows-the-16-rule

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2

Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver, BC Canada.  Beautiful sunken gardens with Bloedel Conservatory above. Stock Photo

I have several photos of Queen Elizabeth park but this is the first one that has ever sold.

Usage: Commercial electronic Media: Website, app and social media $

• Love 1

I never thought of this photo as book cover material,  yet someone did. Hudson Bay storefront on Banff Avenue.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 22-July-2020 ; End: 22-July-2045 

$1250 US. Thanks Alamy 😃

hudson-bay-storefront-window-on-banff-avenue-banff-alberta-canada-CXAD4R.jpg

• Love 5
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Rico said:

I never thought of this photo as book cover material,  yet someone did. Hudson Bay storefront on Banff Avenue.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 22-July-2020 ; End: 22-July-2045 

$1250 US. Thanks Alamy 

Yes, it looks kinda 'busy' for use as a book cover. But congratulations on the $$$$. 😀

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes, it looks kinda 'busy' for use as a book cover. But congratulations on the $$$$. 😀

1 minute ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Congratulations Rico that's fantastic you will have to try and get a copy of the book at some stage ....

Carol

Thanks.

I will definitely try and find this book if only to find out how this was used as a cover. I still can't "picture" it

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Thanks.

I will definitely try and find this book if only to find out how this was used as a cover. I still can't "picture" it

Congratulations!

I imagine they'd crop it, you have the children and the bikes and the high fashion stuff, imagine a book where the protagonist, a young model, reflects on their childhood or something like that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gareth Sewell said:

Congratulations!

I imagine they'd crop it, you have the children and the bikes and the high fashion stuff, imagine a book where the protagonist, a young model, reflects on their childhood or something like that.

If I ever find a link for it, I'll post it here on this forum. Thanks

• Love 1

yes I get the feeling it's as much about the reflection as anything else in that image, nice job.

it's a good reminder as well that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder (ie, customer) and that is why I like alamy - anything goes as long as it meets the technical requirements. I feel some other stock agencies can be a bit arrogant around this subject on only wanting what they see as saleable, which I think is quite narrow minded and lacking an infinite view of things. It's the main reason why I decided pretty early on that I'd be focussing mostly on alamy and not bothering with the others. I do still have to remind myself to be brave and upload some images that I think are not good (to not put too fine a point on it) but as long as they meet the technical requirements they are valid. Also please don't take that as me saying the shop front image is "not good". It actually reminds me somewhat of double exposure photography.

Edited by Cal
  • Love 4

Thanks Cal,

I know what you mean about "not good". I almost didn't upload this image, but at the last minute I thought "what the heck"

You never can tell, especially on Alamy.

6 hours ago, MariaJ said:

I have several photos of Queen Elizabeth pa but this is the first one that has ever sold.

Usage: Commercial electronic Media: Website, app and social medi

6 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver, BC Canada.  Beautiful sunken gardens with Bloedel Conservatory above. Stock Photo

I have several photos of Queen Elizabeth park but this is the first one that has ever sold.

Usage: Commercial electronic Media: Website, app and social media $

Nice perspective. My QE Park images don't do well ether -- a couple might have licensed over the years, can't recall -- which is too bad since it's an attractive place.  It's also an interesting spot for tourists to explore, especially the conservatory

Edited by John Mitchell