Jump to content

Recommended Posts

40 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Very happy with this sale. To Australia for a puzzle. A new one on me. High $$$

 

KAP40J.jpg

 

Congratulations. I've had a few puzzle sales but not for quite some time.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I took this photo only a couple of weeks ago literally in my own backyard, so I was happy to see it license so quickly. However, all this for low $ ... 😟

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Commercial electronic, Website, including online marketplaces such as Amazon and Ebay, social media and app use, any size, single placement and design, worldwide, in perpetuity.
Media: Website, app and social media
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 20 July 2020
End: 20 July 2025

 

Hmmm... "in perpetuity" for five years? 😕

 

closeup-of-lavatera-barnsley-baby-flower

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 20 July 2020
End: 20 July 2025

Mid $$

 

solar-panels-on-the-roof-of-factories-fr

Link to post
Share on other sites

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 20 July 2020
End: 20 July 2025

Mid $$


night-view-lighting-display-in-jewel-cha

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ChrisC said:

lovely pic, should be getting more

CC

 

Thank you. I can just see the window of the room I stayed in on the right. It was my first trip to Africa and I had loved the book "Raising Daisy Rothschild" about the British couple who raised a baby giraffe to help keep that kind in the area. When she grew up and they tried to "free" her she just wanted to come into the house with them. Now it is a lodge and there are Rothschild giraffes that come every day and stick their heads in the windows for kibble. So enchanting.

 

Paulette

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

This dropped in today as a personal use which seemed a bit odd to me. 
man-leaning-on-car-head-in-hands-in-desp
 

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 21-July-2020 ; End: 21-July-2025 ; 
  Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NYCat said:

 

Thank you. I can just see the window of the room I stayed in on the right. It was my first trip to Africa and I had loved the book "Raising Daisy Rothschild" about the British couple who raised a baby giraffe to help keep that kind in the area. When she grew up and they tried to "free" her she just wanted to come into the house with them. Now it is a lodge and there are Rothschild giraffes that come every day and stick their heads in the windows for kibble. So enchanting.

 

Paulette

Wow! Such a great story, never heard of that or them before, what a fabulous place to stay

CC

Link to post
Share on other sites

Usage: Single company, editorial magazine, print and or web, multiple use 5 years
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing

$$

 

BBK1RF.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Bionic said:

This dropped in today as a personal use which seemed a bit odd to me. 
man-leaning-on-car-head-in-hands-in-desp
 

Affiliate Sale; Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Personal use ;  Media: Non-commercial, one time, personal/home use ;  Start: 21-July-2020 ; End: 21-July-2025 ; 
  Additional Details: Personal prints, cards and gifts, or reference for artists.  Non-commercial use only, not for resale.

 

This is a double-whammy (or is it triple with the flat tyre?) : Affiliate and PU.

I had one last month, Affiliate and Presentation.

Edited by gvallee
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a couple of dry weeks, but this just dropped in for higher than mid $$.
Country: Worldwide
Usage: Magazines and books, Use in a magazine article (print, digital, electronic), 2,500 circulation, worldwide for 5 years (excludes advertising)
Start: 21 July 2020
End: 21 July 2025

lovely-abalone-shell-haliotis-clathrata-tulamben-bali-indonesia-bali-F8E012.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My July low-value surge continues. This one from the Czech Republic (editorial website, bulk rate) that popped in today will net me <$1.00. Oh well, one has to philosophical about these things. 🤓

 

Maya rulers, Copan, Honduras

 

detail-of-altar-q-that-shows-the-16-rule

 

 

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Low$$

Crowd at Lantern Festival part of Chinese Lunar New Year 2020 celebrations at William St Northbridge Perth Western Australia 

crowd-at-lantern-festival-part-of-chinese-lunar-new-year-2020-celebrations-at-william-st-northbridge-perth-western-australia-2AX51R2.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Queen Elizabeth Park in Vancouver, BC Canada.  Beautiful sunken gardens with Bloedel Conservatory above. Stock Photo

 

 

 

 

I have several photos of Queen Elizabeth park but this is the first one that has ever sold.

Usage: Commercial electronic Media: Website, app and social media $
 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I never thought of this photo as book cover material,  yet someone did. Hudson Bay storefront on Banff Avenue.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 22-July-2020 ; End: 22-July-2045 

$1250 US. Thanks Alamy 😃

hudson-bay-storefront-window-on-banff-avenue-banff-alberta-canada-CXAD4R.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Rico said:

I never thought of this photo as book cover material,  yet someone did. Hudson Bay storefront on Banff Avenue.

"Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Book, print and/or e-book ;  Print run: Unlimited ;  Placement: Front cover ;  Start: 22-July-2020 ; End: 22-July-2045 

$1250 US. Thanks Alamy 

 

Yes, it looks kinda 'busy' for use as a book cover. But congratulations on the $$$$. 😀

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

 

Yes, it looks kinda 'busy' for use as a book cover. But congratulations on the $$$$. 😀

 

1 minute ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Congratulations Rico that's fantastic you will have to try and get a copy of the book at some stage ....

 

Carol

Thanks.

I will definitely try and find this book if only to find out how this was used as a cover. I still can't "picture" it

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Rico said:

 

Thanks.

I will definitely try and find this book if only to find out how this was used as a cover. I still can't "picture" it

Congratulations!

I imagine they'd crop it, you have the children and the bikes and the high fashion stuff, imagine a book where the protagonist, a young model, reflects on their childhood or something like that.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Gareth Sewell said:

Congratulations!

I imagine they'd crop it, you have the children and the bikes and the high fashion stuff, imagine a book where the protagonist, a young model, reflects on their childhood or something like that.

If I ever find a link for it, I'll post it here on this forum. Thanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

yes I get the feeling it's as much about the reflection as anything else in that image, nice job.

 

it's a good reminder as well that the beauty is in the eye of the beholder (ie, customer) and that is why I like alamy - anything goes as long as it meets the technical requirements. I feel some other stock agencies can be a bit arrogant around this subject on only wanting what they see as saleable, which I think is quite narrow minded and lacking an infinite view of things. It's the main reason why I decided pretty early on that I'd be focussing mostly on alamy and not bothering with the others. I do still have to remind myself to be brave and upload some images that I think are not good (to not put too fine a point on it) but as long as they meet the technical requirements they are valid. Also please don't take that as me saying the shop front image is "not good". It actually reminds me somewhat of double exposure photography.

 

Edited by Cal
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Cal,

I know what you mean about "not good". I almost didn't upload this image, but at the last minute I thought "what the heck"

You never can tell, especially on Alamy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a fun image to shoot. I had actually intended on giving the bottlebrush flower to a Little Red Flying Fox diva named Angelita, but as soon as Xena saw it she was like "that's mine" and just snatched it out of my hand 😂
A rescued Black Flying Fox named Xena enjoys bottlebrush at a wildlife rescue centre in Kuranda, Queensland.  Flying foxes are keystone pollinators. Stock Photo

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.