Images sold in July 2020

Thanks all,  comments on all noted.  Re: cranes - so many of them everywhere we go nowadays, I came to the conclusion a long time ago, if you can't get something out of the image, just include it.  Georgphotos, do you mean delete text and/or image ?

Carol

Edited by CAROL SAUNDERS
change

6 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Thanks all,  comments on all noted.  Re: cranes - so many of them everywhere we go nowadays, I came to the conclusion a long time ago, if you can't get something out of the image, just include it.  Georgphotos, do you mean delete text and/or image ?

Carol

Image and Image ref. Nothing to gain from advertising which image it is, and from the image ref which country it is. 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Commercial electronic ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 10-July-2020 ; End: 10-July-2025 ;Additional Details: Websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.

Lowish $$

1954-fiat-8v-berlinetta-coupe-owned-by-graham-burrows-and-raced-by-FDFF6R.jpg

• Love 1

17 minutes ago, shearwater said:

Do you want me to delete my posts which refers to your image?

Thank you for asking but it's fine and I'm not sure anyway about deleting as I actually thought it was a point of this thread to show images and say what they are used for but could be I'm wrong, it has been known😉 just thought it was nice to share some good news in these exacting times....

Carol

Edited by CAROL SAUNDERS
spelling
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Thank you for asking but it's fine and I'm not sure anyway about deleting as I actually thought it was a point of this thread to show images and say what they are used for but could be I'm wrong, it has been known😉 just thought it was nice to share some good news in these exacting times....

Carol

I think it is ok, too. 

Sure we all celebrate with you for your sale 😃
And envy you too ;)

• Love 1

53 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Carol

It is the point of the thread. But, for example, I wouldn't post an image that had been licensed for exam paper use. 

So now we know that this country is designing a new banknote and the source image of one element of it.

It's of course up to you but I would personally be more concerned right now about doing whatever I can to keep my sale from being refunded. 

Very nice of you to share and fingers crossed for you that it sticks.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Dislike 2

51 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

It is the point of the thread. But, for example, I wouldn't post an image that had been licensed for exam paper use. 

So now we know that this country is designing a new banknote and the source image of one element of it.

It's of course up to you but I would personally be more concerned right now about doing whatever I can to keep my sale from being refunded. 

If there was any security issue, re use on a banknote, wouldn't Alamy have insisted on exclusivity?

RF exclusive to Alamy $$ book cover.

Photoshop combination of photograph of the window, and second illustration by me.

Carol Saunders congratulation on your big sale. Nice to hear about. Made my day. My turn next.

concept-of-earth-from-the-window-of-a-co

• Love 1

38 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

If there was any security issue, re use on a banknote, wouldn't Alamy have insisted on exclusivity?

Alamy haven't posted the image details here on a public website. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

13 hours ago, geogphotos said:

I think anyone wanting to forge a banknote would work from the finished banknote . I see your point about exam papers, though the one time I had such a sale, I heard about it long after the exam had happened.

23 minutes ago, Phil Robinson said:

I think anyone wanting to forge a banknote would work from the finished banknote . I see your point about exam papers, though the one time I had such a sale, I heard about it long after the exam had happened.

I'm simply saying that I would not personally wish to post anything which was potentially sensitive in case it compromised the sale in any way. 

I really do not mind what others decide to do - just stating an opinion in case it hadn't been considered and might have been regarded as a viewpoint worth considering. 

And I have no idea how forgers go about their work. 

But I'd be worried if this pic went for a Personal Use anytime soon 😄

No doubt this will get more red arrows but hey what are forums for if not for expressing views and opinions.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Thanks again everyone and georgphotos appreciate your input and the fact you have my best interests at heart, I honestly never gave it a thought when I put the original post up.  I have removed the text from my posts as you suggested and if anyone wants to remove relating texts in a quote on their posts re: mine it's absolutely fine by me and I won't be offended.  I genuinely did not think of any possible consequences to be honest. All my images are exclusive to Alamy.   I still had a happy day yesterday but I have a happy day whenever I sell an image at whatever price😉  Plus also got my hair done yesterday, so double happy day😁  I will continue to be optimistic 😁

It's fine to express views and opinions safaras I'm concerned, always so much to learn from others.  

Thanks again everyone for the kind words and here's to a lot more happy days for all of us😄

Carol

Congratulations Carol! I was pretty chuffed when I got one of my first sales for $60 (my cut) which is still my largest but I have seen a few posts of people getting 3 and 4 figures for images. Hope it will happen for me one day too!

What a story to tell that your image will be included on a banknote :D

Edited by Bella

33 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

I genuinely did not think of any possible consequences to be honest

If there were the slightest possibility of them I'm sure the licensee would ask for the details to be withheld.

I've only read the requotes on this but I would hope and assume that banknote production is a little too sophisticated for a forger to be able to derive any information whatever from an image which may eventually, in greatly altered form, constitute part of a design.

This is the sort of interesting licence that I would hope a contributor would be able to tell us about without worrying about vanishingly improbable consequences.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

If there were the slightest possibility of them I'm sure the licensee would ask for the details to be withheld.

I've only read the requotes on this but I would hope and assume that banknote production is a little too sophisticated for a forger to be able to derive any information whatever from an image which may eventually, in greatly altered form, constitute part of a design.

This is the sort of interesting licence that I would hope a contributor would be able to tell us about without worrying about vanishingly improbable consequences.

Yes indeed, and just as interesting without seeing the  image or knowing the image ref -  what I will do if I am fortunate enough to ever have such an interesting and lucrative sale. 

I am very pleased for Carol and thank her for sharing. I am merely more cautious.

A couple of $ penny-web distros in today:

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 01-June-2020 ; End: 01-June-2025 ;Additional Details: Turkey, Editorial website

royal-family-on-the-balcony-for-the-queens-birthday-flypast-after-JDTYRA.jpg