Images sold in July 2020

1 hour ago, Phil Robinson said:

Thanks for the help - it seems like a lot of effort, you might have to just put up with smaller pics. Sorry.

All I do is drag and drop - it couldn't be simpler.  No need to copy and paste, type in addresses, etc.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 17:45, Colblimp said:

All I do is drag and drop - it couldn't be simpler.  No need to copy and paste, type in addresses, etc.

My guess is that you are not using Safari. Dragging and dropping won't work for me and I'm too lazy to move to another browser. I get what I want but I do wonder if I would be able to put up other people's images if I run a Challenge again because I have to do it from my Image Manager.

Paulette 

On 03/07/2020 at 13:08, NYCat said:

Some people can just drag and drop but I use the enlarged image in the image manager and copy the URL. Then when you paste in the URL you can change the "comp" to "zoom"s or the opposite. I can never remember which but it gives you the larger image. I usually prefer the smaller ones because the horizontal images are squished a tiny bit in the larger one. I do change to the larger one for vertical images as they seem to keep the same proportions.

Paulette

Aha! Changing "zooms" to "comp" in the URL worked. I have tried the drag and drop in various browsers and it never works for me. Thanks for this tip!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NYCat said:

My guess is that you are not using Safari. Dragging and dropping won't work for me and I'm too lazy to move to another browser. I get what I want but I do wonder if I would be able to put up other people's images if I run a Challenge again because I have to do it from my Image Manager.

Paulette 

I use Firefox.

First two sales of the month showed up today, both PU (low $$, exclusive).

I rescued these cherry blossoms from a cruel fate at a certain MS agency not that long ago. Glad I did.

a-cluster-of-white-cherry-blossoms-in-sp

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

This license just dropped in and I'm chuffed about it. It won't mean much to anyone, but means a lot to me.

It's a trip I did on my own for 4 months in my campervan. I thought twice about driving this particular road because of its remoteness. I didn't have a satellite phone at the time, so if anything had gone wrong with the van... Anyway, I made it and it sold for: Country: Worldwide ; Usage: iQ sale: Single company - multiple use editorial only ;  Industry Sector: Media, design & publishing - Mid $$

Thank you Alamy, twice happy!!

K5NAPN.jpg

• Love 2

Customers eating outside a café. Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England, GB, UK. Stock Photo

Update of a PU infringement found by me and notified to Alamy.  Original licence March 2017.  Reward for client is a licence 'In perpetuity'.

At least there are some more pennies in the can and the hope that this organisation will be more careful in the future.

Edited by losdemas
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Customers eating outside a café. Goring-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, England, GB, UK. Stock Photo

Update of a PU infringement found by me and notified to Alamy.  Original licence March 2017.  Reward for client is a licence 'In perpetuity'.

At least there are some more pennies in the can and the hope that this organisation will be more careful in the future.

What was the new usage?

12 minutes ago, Abiyoyo said:
tourist-taking-pictures-to-the-creation-of-adam-by-michelangelo-sistine-E72KEA.jpg

Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use only
Industry sector: Education
Start: 07 July 2020
Duration: Unlimited

Low $$$

Nice! Is that the Sistine Chapel, where you're not supposed to take photos? :) I guess that's why it's educational editorial use only?

I originally tried an Alamy search for Cistine and there were 30 images and this wasn't one and I was wondering what was going on and then realised my spelling mistake after posting.

Edited by Gareth Sewell
Miss spelled Sistine

3 hours ago, Steve F said:

What was the new usage?

Wary about putting details of resolved matters up here. But basically it's now licensed for a 'single website, blog, or a social media campaign'. I'll be keeping an eye on that, too, because the website where it is being used is not the client's site. Difficult to explain. If you're on the FB forum, I am happy to reveal all there if you're curious.

4 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Wary about putting details of resolved matters up here. But basically it's now licensed for a 'single website, blog, or a social media campaign'. I'll be keeping an eye on that, too, because the website where it is being used is not the client's site. Difficult to explain. If you're on the FB forum, I am happy to reveal all there if you're curious.

What is the group called? I imagine you're not allowed to link to it here, I see one called Alamy based in india with 326 members or something...

1 hour ago, Gareth Sewell said:

Nice! Is that the Sistine Chapel, where you're not supposed to take photos? :) I guess that's why it's educational editorial use only?

I originally tried an Alamy search for Cistine and there were 30 images and this wasn't one and I was wondering what was going on and then realised my spelling mistake after posting.

Yes, "in theory" no photographs were allowed, but if everybody are taken, including personnel of the Museum , then .....

The same happened with the Mona Lisa at the Louvre Museum some years ago, I do not know now, and practically everybody were taken photos with all possible devices .

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Abiyoyo said:

Yes, "in theory" no photographs were allowed, but if everybody are taken, including personnel of the Museum , then .....

The same happened with the Mona Lisa at the Louvre Museum some years ago, I do not know now, and practically everybody were taken photos with all possible devices .

You did well with the sale, there's over 4000 photos of this on here!!