Images sold in July 2020

A quite decent $$ licence, direct & exclusive. And an image I was happy to get, because these tiny fish can be very secretive and hard to shoot.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1/2 page
Start: 29 November 2020
End: 29 November 2030

twoline-clingfish-lepadichthys-lineatus-also-known-as-doubleline-clingfish-or-doublestripe-feather-star-clingfish-tulamben-bali-indonesia-2AF1CEM.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Statue of Elvis in Memphis, Tennessee  Sold for a Netherlands magazine use for near mid $$ but thru a distro.

Same $$ here, but Ben Franklin.

The details are not magazine but book though:

Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 June 2020
End: 01 June 2025
Netherlands, Book, print and/or e-book

- Guidebook for the US or a textbook maybe. Will keep an eye out.

Different one:

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/RTKF3B/birdwatchers-birdwatching-british-tourists-expats-bird-watching-from-hide-guadalhorce-river-estuary-natural-area-malaga-costa-del-sol-spain-in-winter-RTKF3B.jpg

British expats/tourists/snowbirds bird watching from a hide in the Paraje Natural Desembocadura del Guadalhorce near Malaga. RX100 elevated on a 9ft pole.

Worldwide Editorial Book, print and/or e-book. Print run: Unlimited (huh?) $$.

wim

• Love 2

Low angle of black four wheel drive pickup truck showing the rugged front tire tread and wheel. Stock Photo

Just happened to be out for a walk and came across this 4x4 truck with huge tires parked on the side of the road.

Decent $$ but unlimited duration for RM?  I always thought RM licenses were for a set time frame...

Usage: Single company - multiple use editorial only
Industry sector: Education
Start: 29 July 2020
Duration: Unlimited

16 hours ago, NYCat said:

We were there the end of August-- beginning of September so it was dry season but, even so, we had a helluva trip in our bus along the Transpantaneira after a rainstorm. That mud is beyond slippery and we kept slithering sideways. For a while the owner of the lodge was following and helping us but he finally had to go back. I don't know if you ever traveled that way but there is bridge after bridge after bridge and you have to speed up getting to them to go up onto the wood. At one point there was a big drop-off and Joe VanOs had us get out of the bus. He said to bring our passports. The poor bus driver couldn't get off and, thank heavens, he made it and we got back on. A two hour trip took us nine hours. Most of the time there was no cell signal but we finally were able to reach a lodge along the way and they prepared us some lunch. I know this is mild compared to some of your trips. I went with photosafaris.com and we were well taken care of but it is a company of photographers so they want you to get the shots. I never went on the really difficult trips. I'm old and have never been much of an athlete. PhysEd was my least favorite class in school though I did enjoy hiking in my early teen years. The animals are what drew me to the wild places. I have many fabulous memories and acquired a lifetime friend. She and I were traveling alone to the Masai Mara and they put us together as roommates. We laughed always during any troubles.

Paulette

That's Brazil for you, the country of adventures.

Oh yes the Transpantaneira. Last time we went, we went through a bridge with our car rental. It just collapsed underneath us. Luckily, the last car of the day came and helped us fishing out the rotten planks fallen into the swamp. We had planned to go all the way over the 88 bridges but we turned round. Until midnight, we were rebuilding bridges in front of us in the dark. I had a head torch. I could see hundred of caiman eyes below. What a relief it was when we reached a lodge.

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

That's Brazil for you, the country of adventures.

Oh yes the Transpantaneira. Last time we went, we went through a bridge with our car rental. It just collapsed underneath us. Luckily, the last car of the day came and helped us fishing out the rotten planks fallen into the swamp. We had planned to go all the way over the 88 bridges but we turned round. Until midnight, we were rebuilding bridges in front of us in the dark. I had a head torch. I could see hundred of caiman eyes below. What a relief it was when we reached a lodge.

Oh boy.. One guy in our group had been there ten years before and he said we were getting a much better road. The bridges seemed sturdy, at least, but you do feel quite cut off from the rest of the world. If we had to give up in our progress it would have been a long time waiting for help. I hope your upcoming trip to "nowhere" goes smoothly.

Paulette

5 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I hope your upcoming trip to "nowhere" goes smoothly.

Paulette

Funny you should say that. We just spent the whole evening trying to figure out that tidal river crossing. Add 5h30 to official Darwin tide times, check the height of the tide, if 5-6 m then cross 2h on either side of high tide, is it the dry or wet season which would have an impact on water level, don't cross on outgoing tide. We are exhausted. Conclusion was: go there early and watch the tide. Thing is that once we crossed, we are not allowed to stop in indigenous land and it's a 7 to 10 hours drive. If the tide is right at mid-day, then what??

8 minutes ago, Sally R said:

Wow, he looks so young! I saw him perform in 1994 and have one of his CDs. It was so absorbing and meditative that I was in a really peaceful trance afterwards. That's a really nice portrait.

Thanks, Sally :) He really is a brilliant musician and it was an honor to meet him. Ravi Shankar had a house in L.A. and this was shot when the Festival from India performers were relaxing in his back yard.

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

I looked again to see if I made a mistake and mine does say "magazine"

Is the rest the same? Duration? Mine was a distro too. My split: 14.58.

wim

11 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

With the Sony app on my phone.

Before it was called Playmemories. Now it's called Imaging Edge Mobile.

wim

Yes, of course... There's an app. I disengaged from my smartphone, because it was beeping at me all the time.

I'm currently aware that 99% of my pix are taken from a standard height of six metres!

14 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Is the rest the same? Duration? Mine was a distro too. My split: 14.58.

wim

My split was $9.72

Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 June 2020
End: 01 June 2025
Netherlands, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

46 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes, of course... There's an app. I disengaged from my smartphone, because it was beeping at me all the time.

I'm currently aware that 99% of my pix are taken from a standard height of six metres!

The phone acts as the viewfinder. But connection can be shaky. Six metres is stretching it for the early models. In the studio 15m was no problem, but out in the open with lots of devices communicating on the same channels it was hit or (but mostly and) miss. Connection is more stable somehow with the later models, but initially mk6 was very problematic, sometimes refusing to connect at all. Updates have cured that. There can be a lag still, which a tethered viewfinder will not have.

My now older, and quite small phone has a volume button btw. Different settings for different beeps even. 😂

wim

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

The phone acts as the viewfinder. But connection can be shaky. Six metres is stretching it for the early models. In the studio 15m was no problem, but out in the open with lots of devices communicating on the same channels it was hit or (but mostly and) miss. Connection is more stable somehow with the later models, but initially mk6 was very problematic, sometimes refusing to connect at all. Updates have cured that. There can be a lag still, which a tethered viewfinder will not have.

My now older, and quite small phone has a volume button btw. Different settings for different beeps even. 😂

wim

What's the app called?

July is turning out to be my best month ever🙂

This license is an extension of a previous sale from  a few years ago. Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in Calgary Alberta

Exhibits at  Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in Calgary Alberta, Canada Changing Gallery Stock Photo

• Love 1
  • Like 2

This is turning to be a very good month for me. 5 sales on the 29th, 4 sales on the 27th. 22 in total so far.

Book - Worlwide - Mid $$

This was taken over 8 years ago.

CF5867.jpg

Edited by gvallee