14 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Is the rest the same? Duration? Mine was a distro too. My split: 14.58.

wim

My split was $9.72

Usage: Editorial
Media: Magazine - print, digital and electronic
Print run: up to 10,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 June 2020
End: 01 June 2025
Netherlands, Magazine - print, digital and electronic

46 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Yes, of course... There's an app. I disengaged from my smartphone, because it was beeping at me all the time.

I'm currently aware that 99% of my pix are taken from a standard height of six metres!

The phone acts as the viewfinder. But connection can be shaky. Six metres is stretching it for the early models. In the studio 15m was no problem, but out in the open with lots of devices communicating on the same channels it was hit or (but mostly and) miss. Connection is more stable somehow with the later models, but initially mk6 was very problematic, sometimes refusing to connect at all. Updates have cured that. There can be a lag still, which a tethered viewfinder will not have.

My now older, and quite small phone has a volume button btw. Different settings for different beeps even. 😂

wim

2 hours ago, wiskerke said:

The phone acts as the viewfinder. But connection can be shaky. Six metres is stretching it for the early models. In the studio 15m was no problem, but out in the open with lots of devices communicating on the same channels it was hit or (but mostly and) miss. Connection is more stable somehow with the later models, but initially mk6 was very problematic, sometimes refusing to connect at all. Updates have cured that. There can be a lag still, which a tethered viewfinder will not have.

My now older, and quite small phone has a volume button btw. Different settings for different beeps even. 😂

wim

What's the app called?

July is turning out to be my best month ever🙂

This license is an extension of a previous sale from  a few years ago. Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in Calgary Alberta

Exhibits at  Canada's Sports Hall of Fame in Calgary Alberta, Canada Changing Gallery Stock Photo

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

This week has been a surge week for sure and very much needed! 9 new sales since Monday.  

Women praying in a U.S. mosque.  I.Q. sale for multiple editorial use (U.K.) for mid $$

Women pray in the back of the mosque away from the men Stock Photo

This is turning to be a very good month for me. 5 sales on the 29th, 4 sales on the 27th. 22 in total so far.

Book - Worlwide - Mid $$

This was taken over 8 years ago.

CF5867.jpg

Edited by gvallee
2 hours ago, gvallee said:

This is turning to be a very good month for me. 5 sales on the 29th, 4 sales on the 27th. 22 in total so far.

Book - Worlwide - Mid $$

This was taken over 8 years ago.

CF5867.jpg

Someone is doing a book on hides.

wim

• Like 1

Licensed low $$$

Usage: Editorial
Media: Television (editorial)
Print run: Unlimited transmissions
Placement: Use within body of show
Start: 01 August 2020
Duration: In perpetuity

Gas chamber, at Mauthausen concentration camp, Austria. 

gas-chamber-at-mauthausen-concentration-camp-austria-E0J34H.jpg

38 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Someone is doing a book on hides.

wim

The hides will be crowded after a book.

Sale #23 Happy!

Book - UK - Mid $$

Borneo

M0GCPA.jpg

• Like 1

Recent pict of NEOWISE Comet , taken on 7th July just before sunrise

NEOWISE comet at dawn on July 7 th 2020 in French Riviera (Nice) Stock Photo

Edited by Southmind
more information
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Thanks, Wim! 👍

And if you don't have much luck with the imaging edge app (like I did with my sony) then I can recommend the camrote app especially if you want to take the photos off the camera wirelessly.

6 hours ago, Gareth Sewell said:

And if you don't have much luck with the imaging edge app (like I did with my sony) then I can recommend the camrote app especially if you want to take the photos off the camera wirelessly.

I only want to use it as a way to trigger my camera remotely, so thanks - I'll check it out.

$$ for this phone box decorated for red nose day - consumer products, spot size, entertainment and leisure sector

compton-surrey-uk-14th-march-2019-the-phone-box-in-compton-village-has-been-decorated-in-support-of-red-nose-day-which-takes-place-on-friday-15th-march-by-local-resident-and-parish-councillor-mr-chris-sharples-a-painted-disposable-beer-keg-was-used-for-the-red-nose-credit-gillian-pullingeralamy-live-news-RYHMCG.jpg

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

$$ RF

goldflame-honeysuckle-vine-lonicara-heck

Encouraging to see flower and plant images licensing. I had two such sales this month, one RF and the other RM. Which licensing model -- RM or RF -- do you find/think works best for these types of images?

Edited by John Mitchell
1 hour ago, John Mitchell said:

Encouraging to see flower and plant images licensing. I had two such sales this month, one RF and the other RM. Which licensing model -- RM or RF -- do you find/think works best for these types of images?

🧐 Good question. The last 10 plant images I’ve sold, 7 were RM and 3 were RF.  The question is, would those 7 RM have still licensed if they were RF?  I do have a shot of this honeysuckle, taken at a different time, as RM. Did both come up in the search? If they did, was the RF chosen because it was RF? Both images are equally nice. Then again, the RF might have been pretty far ahead in the search pages and the buyer didn’t see the other one(s).  This honeysuckle was in my back yard and I’d tell myself, no no don’t take another one but I kept doing it anyway.
The answer is: I don’t have a clue. But offhand, it seems RM is alive and well.

9 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

🧐 Good question. The last 10 plant images I’ve sold, 7 were RM and 3 were RF.  The question is, would those 7 RM have still licensed if they were RF?  I do have a shot of this honeysuckle, taken at a different time, as RM. Did both come up in the search? If they did, was the RF chosen because it was RF? Both images are equally nice. Then again, the RF might have been pretty far ahead in the search pages and the buyer didn’t see the other one(s).  This honeysuckle was in my back yard and I’d tell myself, no no don’t take another one but I kept doing it anyway.
The answer is: I don’t have a clue. But offhand, it seems RM is alive and well.

Interesting. My floral and plant images are currently a mixture of RM and RF. I don't make enough of these types of sales to judge which licensing model works best. This month, I had an RM flower image -- also taken in my backyard -- license for a ridiculously low fee, and I can't help wondering if the price would have been better if it had been RF.  Generally speaking if a plant/flower image is more generic and there are zillions of similar images on Alamy, I make it RF. Otherwise I stick with RM. Faulty logic? Probably.

4 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Interesting. My floral and plant images are currently a mixture of RM and RF. I don't make enough of these types of sales to judge which licensing model works best. This month, I had an RM flower image -- also taken in my backyard -- license for a ridiculously low fee, and I can't help wondering if the price would have been better if it had been RF.  Generally speaking if a plant/flower image is more generic and there are zillions of similar images on Alamy, I make it RF. Otherwise I stick with RM. Faulty logic? Probably.

I would say the past couple of years, I list most of my plants as RF. Maybe 60/40. I don’t do 100% of either so I can have a foot in each model. 

One more full-price PU came in at the last minute. My son asked if this one was of him and I said no, because I could tell it was a building from the thumbnail. But then I said it kind of is since his name is Benjamin. (This is the Benjamin Hotel in NYC.)

MT4235.jpg