Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

After a doldrum period 27th suddenly produced a burst. Very glad I once visited a tourist site so well covered it seemed superfluous - seven sales (all Japan) same shot, $360 gross total uses and this is a shot and client which already sells several times a year - just never so many uses at once.

• Like 5

Nice surprise today. A previous sale was reversed, and replaced by a new sale at a higher figure.  I have had plenty of reversals for smaller amounts (or just straight refunds), but I think this is the first time it has happened this way round 😀

• Love 1

51 minutes ago, David Kilpatrick said:

After a doldrum period 27th suddenly produced a burst. Very glad I once visited a tourist site so well covered it seemed superfluous - seven sales (all Japan) same shot, $360 gross total uses and this is a shot and client which already sells several times a year - just never so many uses at once.

Nice to see you back David. 🙂

32 minutes ago, Graham said:

Nice surprise today. A previous sale was reversed, and replaced by a new sale at a higher figure.  I have had plenty of reversals for smaller amounts (or just straight refunds), but I think this is the first time it has happened this way round 😀

two of those for me today also

Kumar

1 hour ago, David Kilpatrick said:

Nice to see you here again, David.

Paulette

19 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Nice to see you here again, David.

Especially as his last words in the forum were "Just going out. I may be some time".

Looking forward to reading some posts from someone who actually knows what he's talking about... 😀

I did not know what I was talking about! I just caught a slew of refunds replaced by higher fees. Very welcome, but may refer to a spread of past sales. Hard to know how this happens but I've had a good number of sales refunded and replaced by significantly higher fees, not the usual currency adjustment thing.

I'll try to be around here more, this has not been a good year for me as one year ago Shirley was admitted to hospital and nearly died. She was found to have two brain tumours and treated for Stage IV Melanoma very rapidly, but this only gave 8 months, and she died on July 11th. I still have not filed her last sets of photographs and while I'm getting on with life as she wished me to much of that life is still taken up dealing with her creative making and collecting (almost hoarding, only not the usual mess, labelled and boxed and catalogued...) of 50 years. Rooms full of it, literally.

From now on I may not be doing much new photography, as it was always a joint thing travelling, often with her research beforehand. But I have a huge collection of past images and have learned how to digitise them well on camera, not by scanning, and may sit down for a few years going through these. Alamy's change to requiring only that a model release should be available on demand is very useful. It means that any pictures which include her or me can be sold as model released, including her hands or just 'being a person in a landscape', as her executor I can do that now and in future. We never had the time to do signed model releases for every image like that and upload them with the pictures, despite the only models actually being the photographers. I haven't put it on Alamy yet, but this one - the Aphrodite Dress - has ended up my favourite shot of Shirley, taken in 1986. It was hers too, and she kept an undamaged 6 x 6cm Fujichrome perfectly (other frames got damaged by repro). ©me - if anyone wants a signed print on A3 (Epson Cold Press or Cotton textured) email me, reasonable price and 1/3rd to Cancer Relief UK.

77095160_10156866560402901_7436238395552

• Love 5
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, David Kilpatrick said:

Delighted to see you here David.

Just caught up with your posts - so sorry about Shirley, you mentioned her frequently over the years and my condolences to you and family. 

Edited by geogphotos

5 weird sales/refunds here as well. Positive outcome so far though. Quite a lot of sales otherwise too. $ - $$$.

David, glad to see you back. Really sorry to hear of your loss, my condolences.

wim

4 minutes ago, David Kilpatrick said:

My total due at the end of the month has mysteriously fallen - cleared funds presumably stopped being cleared?

I've had it blip up and down occasionally, usually on items nominally clearing on the last working day or two. Which today is.

4 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

I've had it blip up and down occasionally, usually on items nominally clearing on the last working day or two. Which today is.

Hopefully there's still tomorrow, as i'm only on $32 cleared and there is at least a $29 sale still not cleared.

John.