Sultanpepa

Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

2x $127 each exclusive direct sales to the same Australian client.

I'm very pleased as one of the images was on the Alamy picture needs list and I went to shoot it specifically. I don't normally bother with that list but that particular requirement was location specific, less than 5km from me.

Edited by gvallee
  • Upvote 7

34 minutes ago, gvallee said:

I'm very pleased as one of the images was on the Alamy picture needs list and I went to shoot it specifically. I don't normally bother with that list but that particular requirement was location specific, less than 5km from me.

Well done Genevieve...filling that request paid off for your effort...great that it was on your doorstep too.

Cheers Bill

• Like 1

4 hours ago, William Caram said:

Well done Genevieve...filling that request paid off for your effort...great that it was on your doorstep too.

Cheers Bill

Thank you William. It was quite a coincidence. When you realise that Australia is as big as Europe or the USA, and the location requested was at my doorstep, it made my mind boggle.

15 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Thank you William. It was quite a coincidence. When you realise that Australia is as big as Europe or the USA, and the location requested was at my doorstep, it made my mind boggle.

I've had a few Alamy requests like 2 to 3 hours drive away from Ballarat...eg   The Big Hay Bale  located to the west of Ballarat or the The big Ned Kelly statue in North Central Victoria....I would cover these solely only when making a trip to do other photo things of interest in that area too...so on the to do list lol

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 00:15, gvallee said:

well done.  It's one thing i would like Alamy to specify in their what to shoot, what is an actual request, and what is a we think this is missing in our database.  

Great news and not great news...I've beat last year's total number of sales, but it was with a $2 gross sale (and was a distributor to boot!!). Oh well, can't win em all... ;)

Jamie

• Upvote 1

One 700 USD direct sale and one 300 USD direct sale popped up into my account today. Definitely, they made my day!

Stefano

• Like 5
  • Upvote 10

About $450 in total in today. Live News print and TV uses. Very nice

• Upvote 7

A nice end of the month sale to one buyer.  Three photos, of the same destination, sold for $325 total.  Direct and exclusive!  Thanks Alamy!

• Upvote 1

33 sales for me so far this month, which is just 2 away from a BME. Revenue is pretty good although I have had a little higher in the past. There's still a few hours to go though so I won't count my chickens yet.

It's also nice to see my account balance at dangerously close to the $1000 mark, but just a tad out of reach unless I get a decent $$ sale before the end of the day. Overall, it's looking good. Zooms are.....well, zooms are a real mess this month but I can't about sales.

Yesterday I had a sale for 263$ and exceeded the whole sale of last year!

A $500 US book sale has just come in, adding to the other $$$ licenses of last week. Very, very positive

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Just exceeded my 2018 revenue, but usual story, it's taken 177 images compared to 129 last year.  Means I'm selling more......but

It's true to say I lost motivation, the changes to Alamy and loss of news upload didn't sit well with me, I also have a severe dislike of keywording, however today is a landmark as I finally hit the 5000 image upload threshold. It's been a long time coming.  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

It's true to say I lost motivation, the changes to Alamy and loss of news upload didn't sit well with me, I also have a severe dislike of keywording, however today is a landmark as I finally hit the 5000 image upload threshold. It's been a long time coming.  

Well done. Yes, my motivation nosedived a long while back. :(

Just now, geogphotos said:

10 sales just appeared 😀

Calendars?

2 minutes ago, losdemas said:

Well done. Yes, my motivation nosedived a long while back. :(

Thank you 

14 sales today!

A new record for one day, mostly calendars including a few front covers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

9 sales today, 7 calendars.  All 7 mediocre to mid $$. Happy enough.

• Upvote 2