Tony

Verified
  • Content count

    82
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

98 Forum reputation = neutral

About Tony

  • Rank
    Forum newbie

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://www.tonywatson.co.uk

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    London
  • Interests
    Underwater basket weaving

Alamy

  • Alamy URL
    http://www.alamy.com/contrib-browse.asp?cid={9A224FB5-CD14-4B63-B9AB-40A7B89B699C}&name=Tony+Watson
  • Images
    4668
  • Joined Alamy
    02 Jan 2005

Recent Profile Visitors

359 profile views
  1. How was your March 2018?

    Good month: 19 sales $774
  2. February over already?

    Sales good.... = 18 CTR good ......= 1.35 Zooms good = 81 Revenue........= I don't want to talk about it
  3. How was your November?

    Thanks, I just wish the royalty fees were reasonable
  4. 2017

    Alamy... 195 sales Average licensing fees are pathetic, (I'm not going to broadcast the amount, it's far too depressing) It's certainly not worth going out of my way to shoot for general stock. I just add the occasional pic from day trips, etc. Elsewhere... not quite so many sales, (I'm not saying where but there are other boutique agencies still paying decent prices for original work). Average royalties = $265 net. Maybe some togs need to look around for other markets to sell their images.
  5. So how was December?

    21 sales £ =
  6. How was your November?

    23 sales Usual amounts
  7. October

    Good month... 19 sales for $771 Which equates to around £15 net per sale, which seems to be the norm these days. Tony
  8. I too can't wait for you to announce your first sale.
  9. DACS

    I have just received an email from DACS in response to why the 28% drop. I'm sure they won't mind me sharing, there is nothing contentious, and it may answer a few questions. "We mentioned that you may notice a proportional decrease in your overall royalty payment this year, even though DACS received the majority share, almost 90%, of the monies available. This is because there were less funds available this year than in 2016 and also, we have received many more claims from artists over the past two year. As 2016 was an exceptional year for the amount available to claim for Payback, the number of claims did not overtly affect the amounts received by artists last year. However, this year's pot of money was a return to monies received in years prior to 2016 and so the number of claims has now started to proportionally affect some of the payments being made. As you are aware, we also had to introduce new changes to this year's application process. This year, 90% of funds were available through the traditional application process where everyone who applies and supplies their samples would receive a payment based on their claim. For the new publication history pot for the remaining 10% of funds available, artists here would only receive a payment based on the number of matches of their publication history that was matched to the Copyright Licensing Agency's list of photocopied or scanned publications. If you would like more information about the changes to Payback, please visit our FAQs. Regarding the 10% matches, I can confirm that you did indeed match both book and magazine publications with regards to the 10% pot – 4 book publications with 4 images in total and 2 magazine publications with 3 images in total. This royalty is included in your payment and the breakdown of this royalty payment will be included in your postal statement, which should be received to your address this week." So without the extra ISBN info my claim would have been even less, so it was worth the effort... well kind of.
  10. HOW WAS YOUR SEPTEMBER?

    Alamy = 12 sales Revenue = pathetic (Elsewhere = 5 sales = £850 net)
  11. DACS

    So I did a days work to find out all the extra publication info DACS asked for. My reward... £165 LESS than last year!!!
  12. How was your July?

    26 sales $953 Nice
  13. How was June?

    Better month... 27 sales $750
  14. How was your May 2017?

    13 sales Averaging a measly £7 each net. Disappointing to say the least, surely our work is worth more than this. Come on alamy you can do better
  15. http://www.urban75.o...phy-advice.html Thanks for that Richard