Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

A milestone for me today with my total (gross) sales topping $10,000 since I started in March 2017 with 262 images sold. Just under half of that is for this year only (122 images). Not counting today's editorial sales which have just popped in.

Edited by Sally
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sally said:

A milestone for me today with my total (gross) sales topping $10,000 since I started in March 2017 with 262 images sold. Just under half of that is for this year only (122 images). Not counting today's editorial sales which have just popped in.

Almost 15,000 images uploaded in two and a half years: that's good going (and a reminder to those who complain about poor sales that hard work pays off)...

• Love 2
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Almost 15,000 images uploaded in two and a half years: that's good going (and a reminder to those who complain about poor sales that hard work pays off)...

Absolutely: well deserved, Sally.

Meanwhile...I should get to 3,000 by about 2021!

I'll try not to complain too much - but no promises! 😅

Edited by losdemas

I have been lucky in the last 3 months total sales $190  for 2 photos one of the photos was for $174 they  want to use it for 3 years,.these are my first sold photos since joining Alamy so i think myself very lucky  as have not many images for sale,

• Love 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, John Morrison said:

1 hour ago, losdemas said:

Absolutely: well deserved, Sally.

Meanwhile...I should get to 3,000 by about 2021!

I'll try not to complain too much - but no promises! 😅

Many thanks, both! Yes, it does feel like a full-time job....not what I set out to do, but having lots of fun in the process!

Much to my surprise, three $$$ sales showed up this morning.

This makes five  two $$$ licenses this month, which leads me to believe that Alamy's move to more exclusivity is starting to pay off.

UPDATE: Uh-oh. Looks as if I used "Date paid" rather than "Date of invoice" when checking my sales report -- i.e. these were three old sales. How embarrassing. Still a very good month, though. Yesterday, my eye doctor told me that me that I will need cataract surgery soon, so I can use use failing vision as an excuse for the time being. 🤓

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, Sally said:

That's amazing - you've been here 2 years less than me but have a lot more images, sales and sales value than me - well done!

2 hours ago, Colblimp said:

That's amazing - you've been here 2 years less than me but have a lot more images, sales and sales value than me - well done!

There’s a lot going on in and around Edinburgh for news. I also do a lot of traveling. Thanks for the comment.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Sally said:

As Mr Punch would say, "Thats the way to do it..." Well done!

On 29/08/2019 at 07:30, Colblimp said:

One sale appeared this morning for €119 - but that's not the positive bit.  I've matched the sales I did for the whole of last year.  With 4 months of the year left, I'm excited!

I too have a larger number of sales and higher revenue at this stage than all of 2018.  August was my best month ever with number of sales three times larger than average and revenue six times larger than average.  (Political events around Brexit appears to be the driver) 

Having said the above my sales are close to insignificant when compared to top contributors such as reg snapper.  And, as I often say,  any one contributors numbers are “noise” given the number of contributors and images uploaded each day....

20 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

I too have a larger number of sales and higher revenue at this stage than all of 2018.  August was my best month ever with number of sales three times larger than average and revenue six times larger than average.  (Political events around Brexit appears to be the driver) 

Having said the above my sales are close to insignificant when compared to top contributors such as reg snapper.  And, as I often say,  any one contributors numbers are “noise” given the number of contributors and images uploaded each day....

My revenue is down on last year, which upsets me greatly! 

I'll never be able to match 'the big boys' (I include you in that), but I will persevere.

For the first 8 months of this year my sales quantity is at 88% of last years total which was my best year. Most positive for me is the revenue side which has already surpassed my previous highest annual total in 2016.

An interesting point is that my average per sale (gross) last year was $18 and this year to date has risen to $31. 

Jim :)

Edited by Broad Norfolk
Clarification + rejoicing!

A nice $300 came just now. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 31 August 2019
End: 31 August 2024

• Love 3
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Abiyoyo said:

A nice $300 came just now. 

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 5,000
Placement: Front cover
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 31 August 2019
End: 31 August 2024

A book cover - congratulations and well done!

My August was the highest revenue month since December, and September has already nearly matched February so will hopefully also turn out to return a healthy figure. Sure hoping that level can continue into the future

• Love 1

On 29/08/2019 at 13:01, John Morrison said:

Well done, that is some going and shows what is possible. I'm on around 4,500 for 2019 so some way behind you, and I think I also have more similars. 

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Well done, that is some going and shows what is possible. I'm on around 4,500 for 2019 so some way behind you, and I think I also have more similars. 

No, that's not my workload; I was congratulating someone else's hard work...

Today I officially topped my 2018 total gross revenue. Also, I'm now only five sales away from last year's total sales volume, so it has been a positive year so far despite all the rumours of impending doom and gloom. 🥴

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 2
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

Today I officially topped my 2018 total gross revenue. Also, I'm now only five sales away from last year's total sales volume, so it has been a positive year so far despite all the rumours of impending doom and gloom. 🥴

That's great John!  I'll be lucky if I meet last year's totals...time will tell.

2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

That's great John!  I'll be lucky if I meet last year's totals...time will tell.

To put things in perspective, though. Last year's gross income was 40% lower than my best year on Alamy, when I had far fewer images. Also, 2018's gross income was less than 2017's, which was in turn less than 2016's. Still, the uptick is an encouraging sign. The past two months have been especially good, and this one is looking positive as well so far. 

• Love 1