Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Yes, they've confirmed them as correct. Next time I go to an event I'll stick a cap on the floor and hope for donations. It'll probably be more rewarding

Did Alamy confirm if these lower live news rates are here to stay? Waiting for a handful of live news print sales from a recent three week trip to the UK

to be reportred. One of my online live news images was reported today. If these are the new rates i can see a lot of news shooters having a rethink.

Joe

16 minutes ago, Joe said:

Did Alamy confirm if these lower live news rates are here to stay? Waiting for a handful of live news print sales from a recent three week trip to the UK

to be reportred. One of my online live news images was reported today. If these are the new rates i can see a lot of news shooters having a rethink.

Joe

Alamy "The price for live news images will depend on time of year, who the customer is, volume of images used etc.

There are no set prices and these prices are correct."

The most recent printed news I had reported was mid $$, roughly half similar previous sales. Good luck with yours

Edited by Avpics

3 minutes ago, Avpics said:

The most recent printed news I had reported was mid $$, roughly half similar previous sales. Good luck with yours

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

I used to get around $50 for an online news use in The Sun. Now I’m getting $12-14. Presumably it depends on the volume of total sales, but while Alamy may get more sales overall, individual photographers will generally be getting less.

Print prices, on the other hand, are healthy.

Edited by Sally

4 minutes ago, Sally said:

Print prices, on the other hand, are healthy.

Not recently, looking at my values, and these are the higher volume red tops down to Times and Telegraph. Maybe size comes into play. I guess it's difficult to compare exact like for like.

i know it's not much for most of you guys, but May is my BME with 189$ gross .. happy with it.

i'm seeing an improvement since i converted back all my pics to RM ...don't know if it's related or not but i cannot regret my choice

• Love 1
  • Like 1

My best ever month so far, with over $1000 worth of sales. Mostly down to one day and live news print prices. It will be a while before I can repeat that, I think.

• Love 3
  • Like 5

14 hours ago, Sally said:

I used to get around $50 for an online news use in The Sun. Now I’m getting $12-14.

An interesting way to reward The Sun for the files it didn't report using, particularly on their instagram account. :-<

5 hours ago, Sally said:

My best ever month so far, with over $1000 worth of sales. Mostly down to one day and live news print prices. It will be a while before I can repeat that, I think.

Congratulations Sally, good result!

Kumar

6 hours ago, David Olsen said:

A very pleasant surprise.

D2CTFF 2011-04-26_Near Hana_0001 David Olsen 29 May 2019 Rights Managed

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 01 July 2019
End: 01 July 2044

waterfall-along-the-road-to-hana-maui-D2CTFF.jpg

$ 752.00

Nice!

Well after an abysmal April and May ( by abysmal I mean ZERO sales) a nice $252 dropped in today to stop the bleeding

km hoping for a couple more to make up for the past 2 months,, maybe I’m being greedy, ok I am being greedy

• Love 1
  • Like 1

On 30/05/2019 at 14:39, David Olsen said:

$ 752.00

Dang that is a cracker of a sale!

congrats!

• Love 1

On 30/05/2019 at 19:39, David Olsen said:

$ 752.00

Congratulations - always nice to see that reasonable prices can still be had!

Nice image too!

Kumar

Edited by Doc

Hi there,

I took a few month ago a few photographs of something that I was thinking was already fully represented on Alamy.

But I find it beautiful and took a few photos anyway.

Uploaded the images and once online, checked my keyword to see what was the competition...Only my pics came up.

Since then the series has been zoomed three time and yesterday it sold for the first time.

On the sales report it says iQ sale, what does iQ mean?

Does anyone know?

Have a good day,

Regis

I can no longer find Alamy's description of the IQ program for buyers. As I recall, it makes it easier for repeat buyers by doing some of the record-keeping chores for them. Something like that. I'm not sure they are promoting it anymore because it doesn't seem to exist in the help for buyers.

Paulette

• Like 1