Jump to content
Sultanpepa

Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

I like "cleared" and "uncleared". I tended to forget what the symbols stood for since my brain interpreted o as being zero and therefore not good. Or do I have it confused again?

 

Paulette

Always confuses me, Paulette! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my cleared balance on my first sale last year has gone from $0 to $1.  I guess that is a positive :lol:- I mean reading the forum I could have been waiting months or even years for that balance to clear.

It is a start - onwards and upwards is my motto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Well, my cleared balance on my first sale last year has gone from $0 to $1.  I guess that is a positive :lol:- I mean reading the forum I could have been waiting months or even years for that balance to clear.

 

It's actually quite rare nowadays that waiting times are that long.

For me, from before October almost all has been cleared. Only 4 have not been cleared, including one from December 2017. Total sum $125, with one smallish distributor and 2 tiny direct sales. Say just over $50 net, which is the payout mark. However around $13,000 gross has been cleared over that period.

So yes there are some that take a long time to clear, but it's a tiny fraction. In my case the biggest and oldest one is from a client nobody and I mean absolutely nobody here with Alamy would like to lose. More about that further down.

October to December: only 11%  (6 out of 53) have not been cleared yet.

December: only 1 has cleared.

Some distributors seem slower to pay and one very good client from the US (they have a UK branch) is a bit slow, or maybe more precise: has very long production times (like a year or more) and will only start paying after the whole production is well finished and off to the printers. Big calendar companies can be worse: even when a calendar is made and published to the retailers, but it turns out there are no or not enough takers, the whole project gets scrapped and the calendar actually never gets printed. Which is why it's sometimes good that a client has very long time to report. Otherwise we would have far more refunds.

 

wim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wiskerke said:

 

It's actually quite rare nowadays that waiting times are that long.

For me, from before October almost all has been cleared. Only 4 have not been cleared, including one from December 2017. Total sum $125, with one smallish distributor and 2 tiny direct sales. Say just over $50 net, which is the payout mark. However around $13,000 gross has been cleared over that period.

So yes there are some that take a long time to clear, but it's a tiny fraction. In my case the biggest and oldest one is from a client nobody and I mean absolutely nobody here with Alamy would like to lose. More about that further down.

October to December: only 11%  (6 out of 53) have not been cleared yet.

December: only 1 has cleared.

Some distributors seem slower to pay and one very good client from the US (they have a UK branch) is a bit slow, or maybe more precise: has very long production times (like a year or more) and will only start paying after the whole production is well finished and off to the printers. Big calendar companies can be worse: even when a calendar is made and published to the retailers, but it turns out there are no or not enough takers, the whole project gets scrapped and the calendar actually never gets printed. Which is why it's sometimes good that a client has very long time to report. Otherwise we would have far more refunds.

 

wim

 

Well, maybe now that they (Alamy) are taking a bigger cut, they can pay/credit the contributors immediately, and deal with late payments and refunds themselves, and not involve the contributors in such shenanigans :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, chris_rabe said:

 

Well, maybe now that they (Alamy) are taking a bigger cut, they can pay/credit the contributors immediately, and deal with late payments and refunds themselves, and not involve the contributors in such shenanigans :)

 

Just in case:

My post is to be understood as positive result. ;-)

 

wim

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A year today on Alamy, just under 2000 uploaded 13 sales for just under $700, I think that's a positive start to the journey:) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread has been quiet for a while, so I guess I'll try and revive it.

Two of my dinosaur photos from January were refunded (wait) but today were resold for an extra $30 each.  Print rights were added.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A $95 sale from January was refunded, and re-licensed for $125. Don't remember that ever happened to me before. Can't argue it's a positive. 

Edited by Gabbro
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Gabbro said:

A $95 sale from January was refunded, and re-licensed for $125. Don't remember that ever happened to me before. Can't argue it's a positive. 

Hmm... same numbers, maybe the same buyer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nearly posted an earlier sale today (small coffee without sugar - or milk, bring your own cup, sort of price) in the 'How Low Can You Go' thread or similar...then my best value sale in 22 months (approaching $200) popped in. :)

 

Marketing, large business, so much lower than it would've been a few years back, but hey, it's balanced things out and made my weekend.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gabbro said:

A $95 sale from January was refunded, and re-licensed for $125. Don't remember that ever happened to me before. Can't argue it's a positive. 

 

Haha. Me too

January $95 sale refunded and resold for $125 today.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am afraid my best so far in 2019 is not Alamy related - but I am over the moon so sharing it anyway.  I cover football matches and sell the shots individually.  Yesterday I was contacted by a team who had played on of my regular teams asking if I would travel and give a price for a whole shoot - working off my usual sales prices and discounts next week I am getting paid £150 to shoot a footie match.  Its a first for me - and I am so chuffed.

 

PS just realize I should clarify - that is the whole shoot in hi res images 1200 x 1800 px - I maintain copyright and any prints larger than 6x4 will still come through me at the normal prices.

Edited by Starsphinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sale hasn't popped up yet, but as of today, my image of the black sand beach in Wainapanapa Park in Maui is featured on the homepage of National Geographic for their story on State Parks!! I doubt it'll be a big sale $$ wise, but it's surprising that Nat Geo uses Alamy for some of their content!

 

http://www.nationalgeographic.comp3298138241.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jampham said:

The sale hasn't popped up yet, but as of today, my image of the black sand beach in Wainapanapa Park in Maui is featured on the homepage of National Geographic for their story on State Parks!! I doubt it'll be a big sale $$ wise, but it's surprising that Nat Geo uses Alamy for some of their content!

 

http://www.nationalgeographic.comp3298138241.jpg

 

Surprising?!

Since the beginning i'm here on Alamy (3 yrs ago) i was checking within my magazines which are the sources of every image and always found Alamy as well as Getty or Redux.

I suspect NG buys images from Alamy (and many others) from the film era.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased that a $187 sale dropped in today for what I can only describe as a 'run of the mill' image.

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just noticed I'm exactly one dollar over $50,000 total sales since starting in 2007 - a modest landmark.

 

Alex

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Just noticed I'm exactly one dollar over $50,000 total sales since starting in 2007 - a modest landmark.

 

Alex

The kind of modesty I like! We'll done - here's to another 50k for you, but much quicker this time! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Pleased that a $187 sale dropped in today for what I can only describe as a 'run of the mill' image.

Congrats!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A $225 popped in today and if had sold tomorrow, I would have gotten 20% less! A non-exclusive image.

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

A $225 popped in today and if had sold tomorrow, I would have gotten 20% less! A non-exclusive image.

 

 

Timing! Well done! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/02/2019 at 13:05, Sally said:

Congrats!

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a $200 sale pop in today - when I saw my portion was $80, I thought it was a distributor sale, then I remembered it’s 40% for me now.

well, that was a nice introduction....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up until yesterday I had 2 sales for $37.  Now it's 11 sales for $499, including 3 for $$$!  Amazed!!! :D:o

Edited by Colblimp
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three sales so far this year, two more from last year. Considering I started in August and only have 2,303 posted here, I'm surprised and grateful. I was prepared to see no results for at least a year. 

 

I'm very happy to be here and look forward to a long, happy relationship. Now if I can just get my other 57,000 photos edited, keyworded, and uploaded ... 

Edited by cksisson
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 sales on consecutive days - a first for me
  • All reasonable to good $$ licence fees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.