Post your positive results in 2019 here! :)

Today I woke up to a $$$ sale (direct, 50%) of an image captured on on a trip to my local grocery store just down the street. My share will more than pay for the few items that I bought that day. Glad I packed a camera.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 4

48 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Today I woke up to a $$$ sale (direct, 50%) of an image captured on on a trip to my local grocery store just down the street. My share will more than pay for the few items that I bought that day. Glad I packed a camera.

That should be a lesson to us all.

Paulette

On 17/01/2019 at 03:44, NYCat said:

I like "cleared" and "uncleared". I tended to forget what the symbols stood for since my brain interpreted o as being zero and therefore not good. Or do I have it confused again?

Paulette

I've had quite a few images taken within a few blocks of my house license, including a couple of other $$$ ones, and I live in a quiet residential area with not a lot going on -- more squirrels and crows around than lions and tigers. 😄

Just had the "month end"  sales show up, very pleasantly surprised with a number of 3 figure news sales that I wasn't aware of.  It's good to see that my ideas of what might sell as topical,  is working now, even from the darkest depths of Cornwall. Hats off to our adopted family member Titan for being in a good number of  uses this month .. love the little guy. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Six sales so far this month. Four personal use, one presentation and one exam paper. Heading towards $$$ mostly with licences that many choose to opt out of. I tend to think that whether it's $1, $10, $100 or $1000 (OK, $1, $10 or $100) it's better off in my account than not.

53 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Just moved past the 500 sales since joining Alamy. I have no more idea of what sells now than I did way back when. 😂

Congratulations Dougie! Gonna take me a while to get to that stage but it prompted me to look at my dashboard and found I am just past the 200 mark.

7 minutes ago, Sally said:

Congratulations Dougie! Gonna take me a while to get to that stage but it prompted me to look at my dashboard and found I am just past the 200 mark.

Thanks Sally. It shouldn't take you too long with 12,000 images. :)

17 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

Just moved past the 500 sales since joining Alamy. I have no more idea of what sells now than I did way back when. 😂

Maybe but judging by the numbers you have about 3 times as much no idea as I have.

• 2 weeks later...

First sale ever for me (actually 2 sales from one buyer), i upload pictures from begining of this year. Low price, distributor sales ... but finally i have sale(s). Hope next one will be not after 5 months.

Edited by peter_m
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, peter_m said:

First sale ever for me (actually 2 sales from one buyer), i upload pictures from begining of this year. Low price, distributor sales ... but finally i have sale(s). Hope next one will be not after 5 months.

Well done!

I though I'd entered incorrect dates or something, but thirteen sales reported today. Mostly UKNS low $$ and mid $ but all welcome, with a few incorrectly licensed as 'Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Editorial website ;  Start: 01-January-1900 ; End: 01-January-1905'

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Tha's just archive.

They're from the London Marathon 2019, rather than Athens in 1896. Now I've gathered my thoughts I've realised that a number of these sales should be Live News. God 'elp us if these are the correct values, as there's really no point carrying on with it if so. I'll have to check

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Avpics said:

They're from the London Marathon 2019, rather than Athens in 1896. Now I've gathered my thoughts I've realised that a number of these sales should be Live News. God 'elp us if these are the correct values, as there's really no point carrying on with it if so. I'll have to check

I’m afraid the lower prices may 

well be live news rates. I think Alamy will be getting a few emails querying them!

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I’m afraid the lower prices may 

well be live news rates. I think Alamy will be getting a few emails querying them!

Yes, they've confirmed them as correct. Next time I go to an event I'll stick a cap on the floor and hope for donations. It'll probably be more rewarding