8 minutes ago, Rico said:

Me too. 

Only one sale in January. I blame everybody but myself :D

Calgary as well? I blame the snow bans then.

1 minute ago, MandyD said:

Calgary as well? I blame the snow bans then.

Yup, I'm in Calgary. Still trying to dig myself out of the driveway. It might take a few days.

38 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yup, I'm in Calgary. Still trying to dig myself out of the driveway. It might take a few days.

Beltline dweller and downtown worker....waiting to roll an ankle.

Two sales this month; one last month and all for three digits. CTR high and staying up there; no idea why. It crossed my mind that the US office has been open for a number of years now and the US economy is showing signs of life just recently. 

Not a sausage so far this month. Zooms OK, but sales zero. 

Had a terrible December for zooms, so maybe seeing the effect now, not that there is a strong correlation between zooms and sales. Could be just the normal variation we see from month to month, or it could be the beginning of the end for Alamy life as I know it :unsure:

Don't want to be bragging, but last two have been the best month', since I started. 

While in my first two years I only had sales, each around the price of a cup of coffee, this year I see single images selling for 50$+, one in current month already. 

While my CTR used to be constantly below average in the first two years, since this year it is very well above the average. 

Keeping my fingers crossed while touching wood 24/7 that it stays that way.   

For me the problem in 2018 is a severe drop in the value of each sale, rather than a drop of the number of sales, compared to the same period in 2017. 

Jan 1st to March 7th 2017:

Number of images on sale: 6200 approx.

Total sales: 42

Total revenues: $1861 gross

Jan 1st to March 7th 2018:

Number of images on sale: 9900 approx

Total sales: 45

Total revenues $899 gross

So I have experienced a 50% drop is revenues even though I have increased my images on sale by 60%. Maybe this is just a temporary random blip or maybe the re-rank had a bigger impact than I expected it to have. I don't think this is typical across all of Alamy? 

It certainly shows why I can't rely on stock for a reliable source of income if I was to retire. 

On 3/6/2018 at 12:12, Alex Ramsay said:

A very quiet month so far, only a couple of sales and a dramatic drop in CTR from .81 to .27. Are all the picture editors snowed under (or out), as it were?

Alex

You get used to it, Alex.  Believe me, I know.  :P

Rick

On 3/6/2018 at 18:12, Alex Ramsay said:

A very quiet month so far, only a couple of sales and a dramatic drop in CTR from .81 to .27. Are all the picture editors snowed under (or out), as it were?

Alex

On 3/6/2018 at 18:19, losdemas said:

Likewise: CTR (currently) down from 0.90 to 0.43 with no sales.  Very early days, though.  Blaming it on the weather!

Me too, from 72 to 26. :( One sale on the 1st of month.

Archived