How was your May 2022?

22.85 net (without a 20 dollar sale net it would be 2.85) for 5 photos averaging 4.57 per photo.  Since the 20.00 skewed everything, take that out and the average net income per photo was .71 cents.  Here are the net sales-  .59, 1.11, 20, .53, and .62.  I am not part of any distribution, all photos are marked as not for personal sale, and four of the five are RM. 

Edited by MarkK
Na

63 licences for a gross of $1019. First time I can ever remember a month with no $$$ sales; best was $77. One refund; then resold.

Views lowest since the depths of the pandemic due I think to the re-rank. CTR quite good for me at 0.79

Average gross income per sale $16. Certainly nowhere near Alamy's reported $30/sale

Not in Novel Use, only in Distribution for the USA and Japan.

Kumar

• Love 3
  • Like 3

License amounts in the low $$ but my balance has been clearing faster than usual and got a decent payout again this month. Views haven't bounced back to pre-Covid levels and zooms keep bouncing up and down each month (down for May). Five months into the year, # of sales is only 36% of last years, but even more worrying, revenue is only 23% of last year's. Glad I passed the 40% mark (thanks to sales from the last six months of 2021). 

Haven't uploaded much new this year. I've focused more on fine art sales, mostly through an agent who takes a large chunk, but still pays me a minimum of $$$ net each month and has 300 of my photographs in their catalog (I try not to focus on the $$$$ they're making each month from my work - though they absorb printing and marketing costs, they still get the lion's share of the profit - but I'd rather take photos than market them, so it's acceptable. Am in negotiations with another agent who takes a smaller fee, so fingers crossed. FAA continues to bring in $$$ most months as well.

Still, I enjoy thinking up concepts for stock and also still find myself shooting photos, even travel & landscape, with lots of copy space. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, David eastley said:

For the first time in several years I have to say grim. Since the re-rank earlier this month my views have fallen by about 70%, so zooms are non existent and have sold nothing since the end of week 1. So just 6 sales for me. If views fall from 400+ per day to 100ish I just can't see sales ever growing back to by pre re-rank levels. I am a rather depressed optimist.

I seem to have suffered from the re-rank as well. Hoping it's just a temporary thing. I remain an optimistic pessimist. 🙃

A poor month for me with 5 sales for $38 gross and just $15 net (I got more from my small collection on Micro-stock).

But I'm encouraged to hear of some decent unauthorised use payments, especially as I'm still largely Alamy exclusive. Also following the re-rank my views have shot up (so did my BHZ image). Time will tell if more sales will follow the increase in views. But my CTR% is now dropping, so I suspect at the next rerank my rank will go back down, oscillating just like it used to.

Mark

• Love 1

Poor sadly 😥 

Same as last month 2 x low sales.

Shame after a good first 3 x months looked promising !

Added to say but an ok payout this month which will get spent on photo stuff !

Edited by Ace

Dismal month for me, just like last month. Both number of sales and average price per sale have fallen drastically.

Average of $39 dollars gross for each month in april and may. Compare that with an average of $230 gross for each month in the previous nine months.

I opted out of distribution and novel use sales in april. Since then my sales have halved.

I don't post regularly on this site. Wonder whether I should, as most regular posters on this forum seem to have fared well?

• Like 1

On 03/06/2022 at 02:11, miscellany said:

Dismal month for me, just like last month. Both number of sales and average price per sale have fallen drastically.

Average of $39 dollars gross for each month in april and may. Compare that with an average of $230 gross for each month in the previous nine months.

I opted out of distribution and novel use sales in april. Since then my sales have halved.

I don't post regularly on this site. Wonder whether I should, as most regular posters on this forum seem to have fared well?

I don't post regularly- if you mean uploading images then yes I would say regular uploads would assist your ranking- but good keyboarding and diverse subjects should be your priority

Posting to the forum won't make any difference at all- and many forumites will declare that they don't fare too well

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Hi All,

I am fairly new to all this and have started uploading images for sale. I had a photo featured in The Guardian in May but no sales have shown up. When i spoke to Alamy about this they said that 'we’ve looked and we do have a relevant download for this usage but some of our editorial customers report usages to us over a period of time. If you don’t see the sale appear in your account within 3 months of the usage date then please let us know so we can chase this up for you.'

I stumbled on the featured photo purely by chance. I would have thought i would have received a notification that a customer had purchased a photo at the very least. Is this not the case? It worries me that other people may have used images without my knowledge or being paid.

Thanks in advance

Mike

• Love 1

Two sales, mid/low $$. Both were from zooms, which for me is unusual. CTR shot up last month, had more zooms than I've had in a long time, but views around same level they've always been, so might not be due to the re-rank. April was a great month and have had an early sale in June from a recent upload also. Hope the good fortune continues...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Good numbers Gnans!

Kumar - Agree on the volume which is fairly consistent in 2022. Even better to get more that the perceived 1sale per 1k numbers. The revenue is not encouraging enough to go out and shoot 🙂 

Awaiting to see what the re-ranking is bringing up in the upcoming months. 

On 06/06/2022 at 12:21, MikeDenton said:

Hi All,

I am fairly new to all this and have started uploading images for sale. I had a photo featured in The Guardian in May but no sales have shown up. When i spoke to Alamy about this they said that 'we’ve looked and we do have a relevant download for this usage but some of our editorial customers report usages to us over a period of time. If you don’t see the sale appear in your account within 3 months of the usage date then please let us know so we can chase this up for you.'

I stumbled on the featured photo purely by chance. I would have thought i would have received a notification that a customer had purchased a photo at the very least. Is this not the case? It worries me that other people may have used images without my knowledge or being paid.

Thanks in advance

Mike

The Guardian usually report usages near the end of the following month after the image is used. For a usage in May, you should see the sale appear towards the end of June.

Wow, some have done really well in May.  Not so much for me.  One of my worst months, especially on the gross $$ side of things.  

Four images sold for a total gross of $19.00.  June has started off badly too.

Rick

• Love 1