How was your May 2022?

54 minutes ago, Foreign Export said:

I would have thought so too Gen- but my beach shots are probably my weakest area for sales - or perhaps mine just arent seen as good enough. Im actively trying to stop taking beach images as I have realised they dont generate hardly any income 

That's interesting. My experience is that for landscapes, beaches sell best. No one is interested in the Outback. As you may know, I'm permanently on the road, so meet lots of caravanners and motorhome people. The vast majority just go round and around along the coast from one beach to the next. Most of them also only stay in caravan parks in town. And there's poor me, wilderness and wildlife lover with my Outback pictures. At least I know why I don't sell more. 

• Love 1

Only 2 sales this month, but a $93 payout due. Hopefully June and July should be better, lots of events in the diary and still a backlog of stock and reportage to caption, tag and upload.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Good to see that $$$ sales still exist, and congrats to those concerned, but I operate in the bargain basement, the stack it high and sell it cheap department.

A healthy 24 sales, but for only $291 gross or $104 net, an average net income of $4.3 per lease.  Highest gross $42, lowest unmentionable. 

• Love 2
  • Like 2

Six sales plus one affiliate fee.  The fee was for an image that sold in April and hasn't yet cleared (but it's deducted from my cleared balance which doesn't seem right).

On the plus side, I've now surpassed the number of sales for all of 2021!  So either last year was really bad or this year is really good.  I'll take the latter!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nodvandigtid said:

Well done VBfolly - but how awful is 40% when you look at and think of the time effort etc put in to simply get our photos uploaded!!

Thanks very much. I agree, 40% is quite depressing especially when you get a good sale.

8652 views.  29 zooms.  Average CTR 0.34.

20 sales for a gross total of $548.72.   Highest $182.24.  Lowest $4 83.  Average $27.43.

Number of sales per Alamy prefix:-  C-4   (Good to know that images uploaded in 2011 are still selling).

D-1

E-4

F-2

J-1

2A-2

2B-2

2G-3

2H-1

• Love 1
  • Like 2

For the first time in several years I have to say grim. Since the re-rank earlier this month my views have fallen by about 70%, so zooms are non existent and have sold nothing since the end of week 1. So just 6 sales for me. If views fall from 400+ per day to 100ish I just can't see sales ever growing back to by pre re-rank levels. I am a rather depressed optimist.

Happy with the number of sales but revenue could be better - 25 for $479 gross, ranging from $1.20 to $181 (an infringement I notified Alamy about).

Average $19.12,  median $7.69.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, gvallee said:

That's interesting. My experience is that for landscapes, beaches sell best. No one is interested in the Outback. As you may know, I'm permanently on the road, so meet lots of caravanners and motorhome people. The vast majority just go round and around along the coast from one beach to the next. Most of them also only stay in caravan parks in town. And there's poor me, wilderness and wildlife lover with my Outback pictures. At least I know why I don't sell more. 

ah yes but who is getting the best experience - definitely you. Perhaps with this increasing focus on domestic travel you may find increased interest in outback and inland images - in a year or two I plan to take a few months out to see much more of the interior - and of course to photograph it - enjoy your travels.

I took Sydney CBD images today- I have too many of those as well- but at least I get some fresh air and a few extra steps in- ha

Edited by Foreign Export
update
  • Like 2

Like the curates egg, good in parts.  Nearly 90 sales (nearly all newspapers) but for a gross of less than $500  The payout this month is one of the lowest in 8 years and only covers about 2 weeks of expenses.  Yet I have hundreds of dollars on my account balance.   

• Love 1
  • Like 4

My best month ever in terms of revenue and a good month of 30 licenses (mixed bag of tiddlers, $$, $$$ and 1 x super stonking $$$$ +! (thanks very much Alamy)

CTR .50 ish, 16k views, 67 zooms.

• Love 1
  • Like 2