Measures not picking up all views and zooms over past 10 days?

Has anyone else noticed their measures information being much less than "normal" over the last 10 days or so? Since COVID my average daily views have been 1200-1400, and 8-12 zooms, but in the last 10 days or so both figures have been roughly half of those (and consequently CTR hasn't changed significantly)

I originally wondered if it was due to August holidays, but it seems rather more significant than that. 

I wonder if Measures is partially broken?

Kumar

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Has anyone else noticed their measures information being much less than "normal" over the last 10 days or so? Since COVID my average daily views have been 1200-1400, and 8-12 zooms, but in the last 10 days or so both figures have been roughly half of those (and consequently CTR hasn't changed significantly)

Mine are looking pretty low this week too. They are at the sort of level that I would normally see over the Xmas/New Year break this week. I've been in email discussion with another Alamy contributor who flagged that he was seeing the same problem, with views dropping to 25-50% of normal levels, starting a couple of weeks ago. He's been in touch with Alamy, but they insist nothing's wrong.

Perhaps something is wrong with measures? Or maybe Alamy have lost some major customers? Or maybe the recent relaxation of Covid restrictions has caused customers to all go away on holiday at the same time? 

Has anyone checked AoA to see if overall views are down, or is this just affecting some contributors?

Mark

OK, so I looked at pages of results on AoA for each week. Looks like there been a pretty big drop in recent activity. I suspect a lot of it is the "summer holiday effect". The dips at the start also coincide with the Easter and late May bank holidays. The recent drop is much larger though. Is it just lots of holidays being synchronised by the Covid lock-down release, or is something else going on too?  

Screenshot-at-Aug-27-22-15-27.png

Mark

Edited by M.Chapman
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, NYCat said:

Me too. I blame it on the sickening homepage!!!! My pet peeve. Surely I'm not the only person who just can't look at it.

Paulette

You sure wouldn't want to be an epileptic looking at that.

Jill

Same big dip in views for me too. Strangely, yesterday morning Alamy Measures recorded a single zoom for me and I then clicked on Your Measures to access the Pseudonym Summary to see what was zoomed and it wasn't there. Suspicious that something is not quite right.

Jim 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Same big dip in views for me too. Strangely, yesterday morning Alamy Measures recorded a single zoom for me and I then clicked on Your Measures to access the Pseudonym Summary to see what was zoomed and it wasn't there. Suspicious that something is not quite right.

Jim 

same for me

4 hours ago, Broad Norfolk said:

Jim 

I've found Alamy Measures quirky recently, but views only slightly down. Sometime back I lost confidence in Alamy's system, and nothing has changed.

4 hours ago, Colblimp said:

Would you expect anything else?! 

Well yes, it costs nothing to say, 'Yes somethings not quite right and we'll have IT have a look', or, 'Unfortunately it has been an overly quiet period and the figures are accurate'.

• Love 1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sultanpepa said:

Well yes, it costs nothing to say, 'Yes somethings not quite right and we'll have IT have a look', or, 'Unfortunately it has been an overly quiet period and the figures are accurate'.

That's what a decent company would do, a company which cares for its contributors.  This crowd, on the other hand...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

That's what a decent company would do, a company which cares for its contributors.  This crowd, on the other hand...

i actually think even a company that cares about it's reputation would do it, even without caring about their "partners". 

• Like 1

On 28/08/2021 at 07:56, Broad Norfolk said:

Jim 

I noticed that too. I usually check zooms every day but ones I saw then disappeared. Apparently I have only had two zooms since last Monday and that definitely isn’t right. Measures is also telling me that I have only had 3 sales since then which excludes all of the news sales that came in on Friday so something has not updated that’s for sure.

Edited by Sally

1 hour ago, Sally said:

I noticed that too. I usually check zooms every day but ones I saw then disappeared. Apparently I have only had two zooms since last Monday and that definitely isn’t right. Measures is also telling me that I have only had 3 sales since then which excludes all of the news sales that came in on Friday so something has not updated that’s for sure.

My Measures tells me I've had no sales this month, which is wrong. Zooms are around normal. Been like this for around 3 weeks now. No big deal as Sales History is correct, still not right though. Something very funny is going on. If it doesn't correct next month I'll email CR.

Edited by sb photos

7 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

Just 20 views yesterday beating my previous low. It's getting worse by the day. Are Alamy giving up?

I think they are!!!

I just got an email from the CR about chasing an infringement has been in order for one+ !!! year!

They just said  "We’ve checked with our team and unfortunately, we haven’t had any luck chasing this particular usage for you. The team have chased this multiple times now and have had no response from the infringer.

Therefore we’re closing this case at our end. Please feel free to try and chase this yourself."

To me, it's just shocking !!! (choking, as I'd prefer)

Peace!

• Like 1