Measures not picking up all views and zooms over past 10 days?

My guess is that there's not much wrong with Measures.

My views and zooms numbers are very low also but that was the case last year as well around this time. That was the first time I saw this sort of summer dip. In normal years my numbers went as low as this only in the 2 weeks around Christmas.

I keep a weekly record of my own views and zooms. Until June last year I recorded daily views also.

I started this right after the rigorous re-rank of December 5th 2016. At that point I was able to go back in time to December 1st 2015. So that's where my records start.

wim

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

My guess is that there's not much wrong with Measures.

My views and zooms numbers are very low also but that was the case last year as well around this time. That was the first time I saw this sort of summer dip. In normal years my numbers went as low as this only in the 2 weeks around Christmas.

I keep a weekly record of my own views and zooms. Until June last year I recorded daily views also.

I started this right after the rigorous re-rank of December 5th 2016. At that point I was able to go back in time to December 1st 2015. So that's where my records start.

wim

The fact that no data was recorded for Wednesday might suggest otherwise. Unless I really didn't have any views to record?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

The fact that no data was recorded for Wednesday might suggest otherwise. Unless I really didn't have any views to record?

You're right about Wednesday. But I doubt if there will be a major correction over last two weeks.

It could be that this year's dip coincides with last year's but is caused by something else.

A massive Covid attack on Thiruvananthapuram or Abingdon?

📈 😷

wim

It's all ok, no really!

Alamy replied to an email I sent to tell me nothing is wrong as far as they are aware.

I noticed zero views one day to the next which hasn't happened since the early days when I joined.

Hard to believe this is the case midweek when everyone is returning to work after the summer.

I replied to point out that I am not convinced so I'll see what they come back with.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sultanpepa said:

I’ve just checked my views for the first 2 days of this month, none. There is something very odd going on. Either Measures is completely screwed, mine also stoped showing sales weeks ago, or are all searches being directed to AP and the other large agencies. Re the latter, from long ago pre digital, I oknow that used to happen as when someone I know moved a unique collection to Alamy he was told they would appear high in searches.  Whatever, this is very worrying.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tony ALS said:

It's all ok, no really!

Alamy replied to an email I sent to tell me nothing is wrong as far as they are aware.

I noticed zero views one day to the next which hasn't happened since the early days when I joined.

Hard to believe this is the case midweek when everyone is returning to work after the summer.

I replied to point out that I am not convinced so I'll see what they come back with.

Exactly the same for me, no views for the first 2 days of the month.  Very fishy. Makes you wonder if Alamy staff are being kept in the dark.

Edited by sb photos
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sb photos said:

Exactly the same for me, no views for the first 2 days of the month.  Very fishy.

It's not about the views - the system is just not updated since 1st of Sept.

Very serene situation with all of that silence ...

Everyone should be happy and relaxed ...🙄

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

Hi All

We have spoken to our technical team about the drop in views and zooms you have reported and they have identified an issue with the log processing for zooms, search and views in Alamy Measures.

They are working on fixing this and processing the backlogs as soon as possible. Unfortunately this means that Alamy measures will not be updating until the backlogs are processed.

Just to clarify, this issue is with Alamy Measures and not with the actual search. Your images are still searchable for customers.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Alamy

• Love 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Like 1

Good news, I suspect these errors I just had are due the the maintenance work.

Sorry, there's a problem in fetching the data requested. Please try again later.

And

Sorry, we've encountered an unexpected error

Sorry, this page wasn’t found. Please check your search

and try again or go back to the previous page.

thanks Alamy for checking into this, though i am curious how we went from telling @Tony ALS "everything is fine" to recognising there is an issue, which has been going on for quite a while- reports of irregularities in measures and lack of updates go back to last autumn.   

I do appreciate the "reassurance" that the issue is only with "Measures" and not actual client interactions, but considering as of yesterday there was "reassurance" issued that Measures was fine, see aforementioned email, this may again go into the also previously mentioned "communication with contributors"  category. 

but at least it looks now like the issue is taken seriously- some of us do use the tool- and the internal problem may finally be resolved.  

• Love 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Radim said:

Recently, technical shortcomings have become more frequent. Is it due to your 20% increase in revenue?

I suspect the Alamy system is getting old, and has likely been patched up many times in addition to the issues we see. Hopefully resources have been allocated to ensure its reliability and ideally eventual replacement. If clients purchasing licences experienced similar problems to those we see it could effect Alamy's sales too, which will be bad for all of us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Looks like it's updated now with quite a few extra zooms catching up ....

same here.  This is a concern as it means CTR would have been wrongly calculated, Potentially affecting individual placements in search- Alamy's documentation on the impact of CTR.

I wonder if this is why overall CTR was down significantly on Tuesday. 

In fact I notice this morning Alamy's reported "Last month average CTR on Alamy"  went up from 0.56 to 0.59 from Tuesday, this is Significant at the overall level.  Any input? 

Edited by meanderingemu

7 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Not even a "Thank you for bringing this to our attention".

Just a 'thanks' at the end, which is short for "thanks for your continuing forbearance, over which you have no choice".

why would it be different from any other such reporting of issues with it over last 12 months? 

1.Ignore. 2.Deny any issue. 3.'"Technical problem" message 4. IT looking into it 5. Some random change happens 6.Radio silence 7. Rinse and repeat 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

same here.  This is a concern as it means CTR would have been wrongly calculated, Potentially affecting individual placements in search- Alamy's documentation on the impact of CTR.

I wonder if this is why overall CTR was down significantly on Tuesday. 

In fact I notice this morning Alamy's reported "Last month average CTR on Alamy"  went up from 0.56 to 0.59 from Tuesday, this is Significant at the overall level.  Any input? 

Mine is up, as well.

It could be anything...

17 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Working for me right now, showing over double the amount of zooms, would be nice if they turned into sales 😉

Carol

My stats are up now.

Fingers crossed for sales!

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Yup - certainly I am now showing about 5000 more views and 50 more zooms for august than I was showing earlier this month.

Looks like there was a problem and it has been fixed, hopefully.

Thanks Alamy

kumar

• Love 1
  • Like 1