Measures not picking up all views and zooms over past 10 days?

On 07/09/2021 at 19:25, Doc said:

From today's measures data I agree it may still not be working properly

Kumar

Agreed +1

Since the 'fix' my figures are once again heading down hill and apart from PUs my sales have repeated the August pattern of a strong first week and then nothing. Although it's really too early in the month to make that kind of assumption, it's still a worry that we're heading down the same path.

1 hour ago, Avpics said:

Agreed +1

Since the 'fix' my figures are once again heading down hill and apart from PUs my sales have repeated the August pattern of a strong first week and then nothing. Although it's really too early in the month to make that kind of assumption, it's still a worry that we're heading down the same path.

The sticky plaster must have fallen off again.

I still am getting rather fewer views than is normal, zooms are down proportionally by the same amount so CTR is maintained. Sales are average I am pleased to say, so its not affecting them, but I still think Measures is not back to normal yet

Kumar

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I still am getting rather fewer views than is normal, zooms are down proportionally by the same amount so CTR is maintained. Sales are average I am pleased to say, so its not affecting them, but I still think Measures is not back to normal yet

Kumar

I still share your thoughts on this one. My Measures results are following a very similar pattern to yours and my Dashboard appears very 'inert'.

Jim 😐

• 2 months later...

Can anyone please remind me when Alamy suggested the reduction in views and zooms data in Measures would come to an end and normal service would resume?

I seem to remember it was the beginning of December?

Thanks

Kumar

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Can anyone please remind me when Alamy suggested the reduction in views and zooms data in Measures would come to an end and normal service would resume?

Thanks

Kumar

Hi All

We are currently experiencing some ongoing technical issues with Alamy Measures due to a large amount of data processing on our servers. Our IT team are working on fixing this as soon as possible but we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

In addition to this, from the 30th of Sept, there will be some technical backend changes to the site which means we're expecting the recorded zooms in measures to be reduced by about 20% - this will be across the board. We anticipate this reduction in the recording of data to be in place for no longer than 3 months, after which it will return to normal levels. This is purely a technical requirement whilst essential upgrades are implemented through the site and will not actually affect zooms or sales.

Thanks,

Alamy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Radim said:

Hi All

We are currently experiencing some ongoing technical issues with Alamy Measures due to a large amount of data processing on our servers. Our IT team are working on fixing this as soon as possible but we apologise for the inconvenience caused.

In addition to this, from the 30th of Sept, there will be some technical backend changes to the site which means we're expecting the recorded zooms in measures to be reduced by about 20% - this will be across the board. We anticipate this reduction in the recording of data to be in place for no longer than 3 months, after which it will return to normal levels. This is purely a technical requirement whilst essential upgrades are implemented through the site and will not actually affect zooms or sales.

Thanks,

Alamy

I pdf’d that when it was posted. Oddly this month so far is my best ever for views and zooms. Could always do with more and higher priced sales though, although I know there’s more to be reported.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Thanks

Kumar

Would be the beginning of January.  "We anticipate this reduction in the recording of data to be in place for no longer than 3 months, after which it will return to normal levels"  But will this include database refreshing every 24 hours as in the past? Currently it is very eratic sometimes taking 3 days. Time will tell, as we have had no updates from Alamy..

Edited by sb photos

Could this explain the very sudden, worrying and (to me) inexplicable plummet in my CTR?  Over the past couple of weeks I have had days with no zooms or views which was pretty well unheard of before and I was always slightly above the Alamy CTR average.  I have uploaded fresh images over the past month, so it's not as if I have been 'inactive'.  Sales seem to be pretty average, however, though for an average of $10 an image before everyone else gets their cut - though that trend has been happening for a long time now.