Images Sold in January 2021

18 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

How hard was it to get a permit to do commercial shoots?  How do you store them?  Like i have one from a museum in Romania, but it's just a stub that I paid 10 lei, but in the end i could have picked it from the floor....

I didn't get a permit to do commercial photos.  You can email them and start negotiating, but I think it was something like $200 US as a figure they mentioned.   I think you'd have to negotiate with them.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, The Blinking Eye said:

Okay I won't upload any more photos from the Museo de Antropologica. SIgh.

If you have sufficient Spanish, or a friend who can translate for you, email them and explain what stock photography pays.   It's Mexico, not a soft bargaining place with a max. 10% discount like Nicaragua.   Consider what they quote as an opening.   However, if they have staff photographers, they may prefer to preserve their monopoly.

The lighting in that place is brilliant.   That may be what they're copyprotecting :).

10 hours ago, MizBrown said:

If you have sufficient Spanish, or a friend who can translate for you, email them and explain what stock photography pays.   It's Mexico, not a soft bargaining place with a max. 10% discount like Nicaragua.   Consider what they quote as an opening.   However, if they have staff photographers, they may prefer to preserve their monopoly.

The lighting in that place is brilliant.   That may be what they're copyprotecting :).

That sounds complicated but I will think about it.

I've not had a sale yet this year. I usually average 10 or 11 a month, but nothing so far.

Hopefully they will be like buses, I'll get 1 and another 2 or 3 will come along! 😃

John.

• Love 1

Duck broken.

Country: Germany ; Usage: Direct mail and brochures ;  Media: Travel brochures ;  Industry Sector: General business services ;  Print run: up to 20,000 ; 

Placement: Inside ;  Start: 01-December-2020 ; End: 01-December-2021 ;
Additional Details: Germany, Travel brochures,in context web usage included

mid $$, distro, two identical licences, so either different editions or beware a refund!

A reminder of things lost. Or at least mislaid.

vennbahn-former-railway-now-ravel-long-distance-cycle-path-st-vith-KCH0RA.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Love 3

28 minutes ago, Stokie said:

I've not had a sale yet this year. I usually average 10 or 11 a month, but nothing so far.

Hopefully they will be like buses, I'll get 1 and another 2 or 3 will come along! 😃

John.

Typically, I get (at least) twice as many sales in the second half of each month than I get in the first half. And while I can guess why this is so, I really don 't know. 😎

4 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

Typically, I get (at least) twice as many sales in the second half of each month than I get in the first half. And while I can guess why this is so, I really don 't know. 😎

I usually get a couple or more in the first week then, as you say, the baulk in the second half of the month.

John.

Lucky to have another sale the 5th so far this month

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 250,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 12 January 2021

End: 12 January 2026
Book and Bookazine use. Repeat use included in a single project.

$$

the-world-of-disney-gift-and-souvenir-store-at-downtown-disney-shopping-FD2TYM.jpg

Edited by Normspics
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Stokie said:

John.

Really slow start to the year for me as well with only one sale (upper $$) so far. I usually have a half-dozen or so by this time of the month.

P.S. Zooms are way up, though, which has to be a good sign.

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Really slow start to the year for me as well with only one sale (upper $$) so far. I usually have a half-dozen or so by this time of the month.

P.S. Zooms are way up, though, which has to be a good sign.

Something is going on.  Just one sale for me too.  I too would normally see 6 or more by now.  Zooms have been good tho!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Something is going on.  Just one sale for me too.  I too would normally see 6 or more by now.  Zooms have been good tho!

Low sales here too. I haven't seen any communications from Alamy but bear in mind that we've gone into lockdown again so it's possible that's having a staffing effect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

The sky has fallen Henny Penny and the bottom has dropped out . A few interesting zooms but where are the sales? To bed and hope for better news tomorrow.

I'm not about to embrace any conspiracy theories just yet, but I guess it could happen -- 2021 is still in diapers. 👶

• Like 1

RM exclusive - Mid $$

Country: United Kingdom  Usage: Magazine, editorial print and digital use, cover and/or inside, repeat use within a single issue Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 13 January 2021 End: 13 January 2023

croydon-park-hotel-closed-in-2020-due-to-the-crisis-in-croydon-council-when-it-was-declared-bankrupt-2DAWJ1G.jpg