Images Sold in January 2021

The entrance of a branch of Barclay's Bank on Mosley Street, central Manchester, uk. Country: United Kingdom Usage: Editorial Media: Newspaper - national Print run: up to 2 million Placement: Inside and online Image Size: 1/4 page Start: Any placement in paper and online. One use in a single editorial article used within the print and digital versions of a single publication. Digital usage includes archive rights for the lifetime of the article. Only $ but welcome. This or similar has sold before.

2AXXE10.jpg

On 09/01/2021 at 20:12, Christine M Baker said:

SFL

I am new to Alamy, do you see a lot of $1  sales ?    I don't have thousands of images up yet, I am still uploading,  but the one sale I got was $25.  Is this the average price?

One sale I got from another Stock House  was actually  25 cents !

Any comment would be appreciated

@Christine M Baker 

Sorry for late response.  No, it was my first sale at $1.  I have been with Alamy for more than 15 years.

Sung

I've made 8 sales now including this shot of my snakey stick for a second time and for better money. Well, assuming I ever see the money. I now have $301 in sales with a massive $34 'cleared' with the biggest sale of $170 in July 2020 obviously still not paid. I don't remember contracting Alamy to borrow money from me - do they ever ask 'clients' to pay?

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=CC1E5768-4321-4A74-A0BD-3F180BD0F19C

2 hours ago, Kent Johnson said:

I've made 8 sales now including this shot of my snakey stick for a second time and for better money. Well, assuming I ever see the money. I now have $301 in sales with a massive $34 'cleared' with the biggest sale of $170 in July 2020 obviously still not paid. I don't remember contracting Alamy to borrow money from me - do they ever ask 'clients' to pay?

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=CC1E5768-4321-4A74-A0BD-3F180BD0F19C

Alamy only pays you when it gets paid.  Alamy doesn't 'borrow' your money, it's a multi-million pound company so I don't see what benefit borrowing $301 would be...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kent Johnson said:

If Alamy hasn't been paid they aren't 'borrowing' money off anyone. Both you and Alamy are waiting for the client to pay. Once Alamy has been paid, you will be paid (as long as the amount cleared is over $50).

John.

• Love 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 29/01/2021 at 21:00, NYCat said:

The default price seems to be different in different countries. That is the one we see in the USA.

Paulette

That is interesting that there are different default prices, though I guess it makes sense to try to align with the currencies/economies of the customer's country.

• 1 month later...
On 11/02/2021 at 20:24, Stokie said:

If Alamy hasn't been paid they aren't 'borrowing' money off anyone. Both you and Alamy are waiting for the client to pay. Once Alamy has been paid, you will be paid (as long as the amount cleared is over $50).

John.

On 30/03/2021 at 07:29, chilker said:

That is interesting that there are different default prices, though I guess it makes sense to try to align with the currencies/economies of the customer's country.

My point s that I have a contract with Alamy, the client has a contract too; there is no refund shown - do these people, Alamy - ever pursue payment - I've done my part of the trade (lent) my image = $$)  I'm the one holding the bag.