Images Sold in January 2021

As a non-news photographer pleased to have my 3rd Covid picture licenced.

Marketing use in EU (German text in licence details).

Covid 19 coronavirus - Market Closed due to Covid 19 Lockdown. Sign at the Farmers' Market stall area, in Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK, April 2020. Stock Photo

Covid 19 coronavirus - Market Closed due to Covid 19 Lockdown. Sign at the Farmers' Market stall area, in Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK, April 2020.

Edited by AlbertSnapper
  • Love 2

Just got one of those, I've heard about.......

Full size from 36.3 MP, distributor's for 0.25 (0.10 for me)...

Never been so proud!!!

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;

103.4 MB;7360 x 4912 pixels;4.4 MB compressed ; 

Start: 21-January-2021 ;

Duration: In perpetuity ;

Additional Details: Single use across website and/or digital publication such as E-book or PDF, any size, any placement, in perpetuity.

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

I guess it's nice that my month long drought has broken, but an in perpetuity licence for very low $$ is not exciting. Third time licenced by Alamy. Direct & exclusive.
Usage: Editorial, Rights granted for editorial book (print + digital), interior placement only. Rights also include unlimited worldwide circulation, all languages, for the life of the title.
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Any size
Start: 21 January 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

peacock-mantis-shrimp-odontodactylus-scyllarus-also-known-as-a-harlequin-BTYWKE.jpg

• Love 6
  • Like 2

woman-ready-to-plant-grafted-grape-vine-in-vineyard-swan-valley-perth-GW5YJ0.jpg

Planting grafted grapevines in the Swan Valley near Perth, Western Australia. Low $$$

French restaurant C'est la vie with al fresco dining on the street in historic Akaroa, Banks Peninsula, New Zealand. Stock Photo

Restaurant in Akaroa, New Zealand. $$. Same article as your recent Akaroa sale, Wim?

• Love 1

This was a gratifying sale. Having been stuck indoors, partly due to Covid but also following a hip replacement op in October, I’ve been trying my hand at  food photography with the help of some online tutorials and a couple of excellent books. I posted this shot to Alamy two months ago and it came in as a RF sale today for mid $$. They’re Rock Cakes like my Gran used to make 🙂...

a-freshly-home-baked-batch-of-rock-cakes

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, Steve Hyde said:

This was a gratifying sale. Having been stuck indoors, partly due to Covid but also following a hip replacement op in October, I’ve been trying my hand at  food photography with the help of some online tutorials and a couple of excellent books. I posted this shot to Alamy two months ago and it came in as a RF sale today for mid $$. They’re Rock Cakes like my Gran used to make 🙂...

a-freshly-home-baked-batch-of-rock-cakes

That's brilliant I keep thinking to do more food photography but by the time I think of it, I've eaten it😄 I must try harder !  Hope you are making a good recovery and the rock cakes look amazing.

Carol

10 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

That's brilliant I keep thinking to do more food photography but by the time I think of it, I've eaten it😄 I must try harder !  Hope you are making a good recovery and the rock cakes look amazing.

Carol

Hi Carol, thank you. We have the same problem with eating the food, I’ve given up with any of our main meals. Cakes are easier, and you can eat them as you go 😋

I’m pretty much back to normal now following the op, I have my old life back again 🙂

• Love 1

3 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Carol

Ditto! But the picture is definitely good, cos it made me want to make some rock cakes! The first thing I learned to bake as a kid.

Got everything ready, then realised I'm out of dried fruit. Out hunting now! : )

• Love 1

Editorial, worldwide. Print, digital, electronic. High $$.

copenhagen-denmark-february-12th-2019-copenhill-the-artificial-ski-slope-on-top-of-the-new-waste-to-energy-plant-on-amager-in-copenhagen-on-the-first-of-two-days-test-skiing-during-spring-half-term-of-the-danish-schools-the-energy-plant-is-working-but-the-ski-slope-and-other-recreational-facilities-will-be-ready-to-open-very-soon-the-two-days-test-skiing-will-only-take-place-on-the-lower-end-of-the-slope-but-seems-to-be-a-success-for-all-ages-the-plant-and-ski-slope-is-designed-by-architect-bjarke-ingels-big-credit-niels-quistalamy-live-news-RKWH7R.jpg

Copenhagen, Denmark. February 12th 2019. CopenHill test run, the artificial ski slope on top of the new waste-to-energy plant on Amager in Copenhagen on the first of two

days' test skiing during spring half term of the Danish schools. Live News Image.

13 hours ago, cbimages said:

I guess it's nice that my month long drought has broken, but an in perpetuity licence for very low $$ is not exciting. Third time licenced by Alamy. Direct & exclusive.
Usage: Editorial, Rights granted for editorial book (print + digital), interior placement only. Rights also include unlimited worldwide circulation, all languages, for the life of the title.
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: Unlimited
Placement: Inside
Image Size: Any size
Start: 21 January 2021
Duration: In perpetuity

peacock-mantis-shrimp-odontodactylus-scyllarus-also-known-as-a-harlequin-BTYWKE.jpg

This mad creature makes me smile! What an outfit. Ready for the Academy Awards red carpet. Or maybe is has to be some music awards.

Paulette

• Love 1

4 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

We have the same problem with eating the food, I’ve given up with any of our main meals. Cakes are easier, and you can eat them as you go 😋

🙂

You've inspired my to try my weekly pizza tonight. I've prelit a dinner plate then I'll pop it on the marble slab (must preheat that) and whisk it into the studio. Just hope OH doesn't get too impatient🤩

High $$

74.3 MB;4160 x 6240 pixels;2.7 MB compressed ;
  Aditional Details: Magazine - print, digital and electronic;

Print run: unlimited;

Duration: Life of Licensee’s Media for all editions;

Reuse Included across all of Licensee’s Media; Worldwide

old-english-sheepdog-with-his-hear-blowi

• Love 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

You've inspired my to try my weekly pizza tonight. I've prelit a dinner plate then I'll pop it on the marble slab (must preheat that) and whisk it into the studio. Just hope OH doesn't get too impatient🤩

Given me inspiration also I made blueberry pancakes this afternoon and took a few shots on the RX100 before eating.  They were yummy what the images will be like I have no idea😁

Carol

• Love 1

This just took the wind out of my sails. Unbelievable. Gross: 25 cents.  My take: A whopping10 cents. An all time low 😞 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 22-January-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity

D1D5JW.jpg

24 minutes ago, Gina Kelly said:

This just took the wind out of my sails. Unbelievable. Gross: 25 cents.  My take: A whopping10 cents. An all time low 😞 

Country: Worldwide ; Usage: Editorial ;  Media: Website, app and social media ;  Start: 22-January-2021 ; Duration: In perpetuity

D1D5JW.jpg

I had the same thing last week - worldwide, in perpetuity, etc... I thought maybe it was a mistake, so I've been checking my sales chart to see if it's corrected, but I see now it apparently wasn't a mistake.  

1 hour ago, Gina Kelly said:

D1D5JW.jpg

Just awful.  Does Alamy really need a client/buyer like this.  The only way it might benefit Alamy is if it is a HUGE bulk sale.  But needless to say, it does not benefit us.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NYCat said:

This mad creature makes me smile! What an outfit. Ready for the Academy Awards red carpet. Or maybe is has to be some music awards.

Paulette

Thanks Paulette. The mantis shrimps are generally shy, but from time to time I come across one which is kind of crazy. Instead of retreating to their burrow, they'll dash out and run around boulders , peeping over and around to see if this big bubble belching diver is still around. I've even had them come towards me (as this one did) and hide underneath me as I kneel on the bottom trying to get a photo. I sometimes wonder if they see themselves in the glass port of the camera housing and think there is another mantis in their territory.

Edited by cbimages
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Given me inspiration also I made blueberry pancakes this afternoon and took a few shots on the RX100 before eating.  They were yummy what the images will be like I have no idea😁

Carol

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

Just awful.  Does Alamy really need a client/buyer like this.  The only way it might benefit Alamy is if it is a HUGE bulk sale.  But needless to say, it does not benefit us.

My thoughts too. Very worrying if this starts to become the norm. If posted on the forum, will be interesting to try tracking what type of image is typically licensed for 25 cents and avoid shooting them.

Edited by sb photos
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Mine were plain pancakes but topped with blueberries. Not taken recently. I’m left-handed and most of the time I forget to put the utensils like a right-hander would do. ☹️

B4PCCM.jpg

Betty, the plain pancakes topped with blueberries look very nice. I haven't eaten anything like that around 25 years being diebetic. I do enjoy a few blueberries with a little greek low fat yogurt though.

5 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

B4PCCM.jpg

Great photo. If the placing of the utensil is that important the buyer can horizontally flip the image.