February Totals

Following on from the cliff thread, I can report a dismal month with 16 sales (good) for $284gross/$112net (terrible).

Experiment 1 did OK ($145) while experiment 2 is coming along with only 1/3 of my images ($75).

Edited by Reimar
  • Love 1

Even with the Leap Day, I suppose the month has come to an end.  February started strong with a healthy amount of sales, for decent prices but then it ran off the proverbial cliff on the 15th with nothing until this past Thursday and Friday.  So, alas, the month ended with average numbers.  15 sales for a gross of $975 (3 were above $100).  

• Love 2

I'm at the bottom of the cliff. 3 sales, $18.15 net.

51 files deleted, which will be a rolling process, starting with subjects with no searches recorded in Measures in the past year.

I should have checked that before uploading, but I previously thought Measures recorded searches by a selection of the main buyers, not 'all buyers'. We live and learn!

• Love 1

February was like a doughnut -- it had a big hole in the middle and not a lot of icing around the edges.

Somehow, though, I ended up with seven sales (half my average) for $348 gross / $166 net. Surprisingly good month for zooms and CTR, so no reason to jump off the cliff yet. 😉

Edited by John Mitchell
  • Love 1

20 sales but 3 refunds, a few 40% deals and none in the  $$$  league led to a disappointing net income of just over $100. 

I'm increasingly of the view that it's not worth investing in expensive hardware, software or travel specifically to cater for stock, shoestring prices mean there's no incentive to spend on the business.

Any light at the end of the tunnel, well my best ever number of zooms at one point reaching 77.

My move into POD not yet bearing fruit, despite a lot of interest. Very surprised to see what people are looking at, a very different market to Alamy.

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 2

Zero sales for £0.00

Pathetic month. So much for the end of month “surge” . Loyalty to Alamy with exclusive images really paying off here.

Edited by Marb

5 sales recorded, also an image seen in the Guardian not shown as a sale yet (which will be worth peanuts if my other UK press sales are anything to go by).  Total $122.  A lot more zooms than normal. Last year my first sale was in March. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

5 for $182.72 with one very low distributor sale at bulk discount in that mix!  An adjustment of territories is planned when April comes. 

Edited by digi2ap
  • Love 1

Slow month with 3 licenses for $134 gross (all at 50% commission). February is usually the worst month of the year for me, so hopefully things will improve soon. My zooms have been much higher than usual for Jan and Feb.

• Love 1

The late surge helped my totals greatly, but still well short of previous two months.

Total sales: 18

Gross revenue: $623

Net revenue: $249

After 10 years of resistance, in January I decided to start an extensive MS experiment of my own with the so called "tier 1 ms library". With February the first full month, 1000 images produced $82 net, which included a $19 and a $14 net sale within this total. Maybe this is just a first month fluke, I'll wait and see how it performs going forward before jumping to conclusions.

• Love 1

9 sales for $266.50 gross - some distributor sales, unfortunately. Not as good as often is. And seems to be a slow clearing of sales, which unfortunately results in no March payout. Zooms suddenly increased a few days ago.

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Love 1