How was your January 2020?

3 hours ago, Reimar said:

A poor month for me, with 10 sales for $305 ($111 net).  My other experiment with the same number of images did better ($142 net).  Even number two experiment which ironically requires sRGB images, where I have only 1/3 of the images, beat Alamy this month ($119 net).  Micro is beating macro - go figure.

My tiny experiment "over there" has actually picked up a bit thanks mainly to a video sale. There's now a slight chance that I might see another payout in this lifetime. 😎

6 for $41.26 net. All RM, all exclusive.

Obviously, any effort I can make under my current circumstances, which is unfortunately very little, I'm putting into my Other Place.

Especially since I've noticed in Measures that in several 'general' searches recently where, where I had hits, they were all from several years ago, and my more recent ones which would have matched the searches aren't getting seen. Meaning, I've got some hits placing quite highly in some very wide and general searches (whoop!), but what's the point of uploading new files (except, maybe waaaaay down the road)?

On the upside, my CTR in Dec and Jan were more than double my personal average, so we'll see if they come to anything.

Edited by Cryptoprocta
  • Love 1

Volume and revenue down on same period last year, only 1 sale compared to 4 for January 2019. Then again I do shoot less now compared to when I shot live news. At least zooms were well up and more usage identified. Still early days for 2020.

Edited by sb photos

Strange month, volume good at 21 sales but two refunds and some duplicate sales which may turn into refunds. Best $88, but lots of tiddlers so not great financially. Zooms recovered from Xmas drought at around 60. Heartening to see that some folk are still seeing $$$ leases, but, overall I fear the downward price  trend continues.

On 01/02/2020 at 19:13, Cryptoprocta said:

Especially since I've noticed in Measures that in several 'general' searches recently where, where I had hits, they were all from several years ago, and my more recent ones which would have matched the searches aren't getting seen.

That's I problem I see too. Older images that have been zoomed (using the same search term) appear higher than more recent images that haven't been zoomed in "Relevant" ordered searches. It can be quite frustrating.

Mark

• Thanks 1