RF $$$ exclusive to Alamy 50% commission.

Side trail through rainforest at rest stop on the road to Hana Maui Hawaii. I try to photograph forest scenes with cross lighting or backlighting. Makes translucent leaves seem to glow.

the-waikamoi-nature-trail-through-rainfo

• Love 2
  • Like 3

WOW Air, Airbus A320, TF-BRO, flight WW902 from Reykjavik, Iceland, on final approach to Kastrup Airport, Copenhagen, Denmark. - 50% - quarter-ish $$

wow-air-airbus-a320-tf-bro-flight-ww902-

Edited by Niels Quist
  • Like 1

Live news image of Jeremy Corbyn, Leader of the UK Labour Party campaigning in Nottingham. Just dropped into my account this morning used 3 times T.V. editorial U.K. , U.S.A. and Australia for a good $$$.

Alan

T5KYDW.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, chris_rabe said:

A week in and this is all people have posted is sold? 

Ouch. 

I know not everyone comes in here, but these threads are typically a lot busier than this, no? 

I have been thinking the same thing

Well I have had two zooms, but they rarely convert, and even if they did in this case it would probably be either one or the other, not both. Still, misplaced optimism springs eternal.

28 minutes ago, AlbertSnapper said:

The thread was only started on Thursday.

Only two working days have passed. Today is Sunday. Not many sales on a weekend.

Give it a chance !

It is the 7th of July - there were 3 working days before this thread was started - did nothing sell on those?  If it did why was the thread not started earlier?  

I'm not worried about the beginning of July. I sold a picture of the PWC building in Bristol on the 1st, so alamy was still open for business. And maybe this thread was quiet because of talk of sRGB vs aRGB not to mention Liverpool....both far more engaging than sales at the beginning of the month.

2 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

It is the 7th of July - there were 3 working days before this thread was started - did nothing sell on those?  If it did why was the thread not started earlier?  

Also consider that posting in this thread doesn't add a brass farthing to any contributor's bank account!

• Like 1

Four sales on Friday 5th, all to the same buyer, all for the same low to mid $$.

Marketing Package use, digital marketing communications only, excluding advertising, repeat use within license.

Of the four, this is the one I am most pleased with.

red-campion-silene-dioica-close-up-of-a-

P.S.

DJ, all four images were zoomed about 2 to 3 months ago. It may take a while but those zooms we get do turn into sales eventually.

Just now, Starsphinx said:

This is not a mandatory exercise, it is purely on a voluntary basis. As I said before, due to copycat danger,  I carefully choose which sale I want to show. In fact, I had one today taken on top of Mount Roraima in Venezuela. Not impossible to copy but unlikely.  I will share it later when I have reliable internet connection. I am currently in Polynesia where reception is intermittent. Another reason for not posting earlier.

Edited by gvallee
  • Love 3

I have had a few sales this July but they were of images that I don’t post here.  Here, in the U.S., the 4th was a major holiday and most people took off work on Friday too.  So probably not so many U.S. sales last week.  Hope things will pick up this week!

As Michael said, the 4th is a big US holiday. Many in the US took the entire week off - or at least Wednesday-Sunday - so I wouldn't fret. 

And not everyone posts their sales here. To be honest, since I don't sell here that frequently, I might go a week or more without checking my sales or posting on the forum even if I have one. Hopefully, there will be a bunch of posts Monday - just like the end of the month rush. 

In summer a lot of people are on vacation too - buyers and Alamy photogs. 

Sold twice and it looks like for the same publication or sister publications. One 2 page spread, $$$, one full page mid $$. We love Tammy around here.

oak-park-il-usa-4th-july-2016-congresswo

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Only one sale so far this month and that a chased outstanding usage! The Capitol building in Richmond Virginia.

Educational textbook unlimited period, repeat use permitted, a tad disappointing  at mid $$.

virginia-state-capitol-building-in-richm

Edited by Bryan

15 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

If it did why was the thread not started earlier?  

I guess it's something called life.  For many of us the forum isn't the most important thing in the world!  Chill a little...

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

And maybe less than that if lurking copycats are reading.

Must say, I never considered the copycat angle. 

I use these as a reference to the kinds of photos that do sell, rather than the specifics of what sold. 

It's just to try and get my head in the space for thinking about what to shoot when out and about.