Jump to content

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Marb said:

Thanks, I didn't know that. A small consolation at least.

 

I was surprised to see this sale for you, Marb, because I've assumed you follow the forum. A number of us had this experience with the same website and chose to opt out of Novel Use as a result. Unfortunately, the only time you can opt out is in April so it is a long wait for you. I was OK with the idea of a novel use but a travel website is not novel and I had two of my images go to them.

 

Paulette

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Here's mine at that price. Sir Josh at the RA.

First of the month as well.

statue-of-joshua-reynolds-summer-exhibition-2017-banner-wind-sculpture-JKKEDN.jpg
Edited by spacecadet
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, spacecadet said:

DBH41b is some bread rolls🤨

 

I was actually referring to the Alamy reference B51CAR

Having the number plate as Alamy ref would have been extraordinary indeed. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Sally said:

Or choose to remain in because sales will increase your ranking.

 

I would be careful with that statement. As mentioned before, NU used to be excluded from ranking when the scheme came up, precisely because of low prices.

These days, nobody knows.

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I'm new here so please be gentle but I'm intrigued. Nu? I cant for the life of me think what that could be....... stands back and prepares to feel really stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bionic said:

Ok, I'm new here so please be gentle but I'm intrigued. Nu? I cant for the life of me think what that could be....... stands back and prepares to feel really stupid

Novel use

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Algal bloom (Trichodesmium sp.) washing up on the shores of Fitzroy Island, Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Queensland Stock Photo

Algal bloom washing up on beach, Fitzroy Island, Great Barrier Reef. Low $$ for a book in South Korea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Education book for a good $$.

Alan

 

 

KGFNHN.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Derelict lime kiln. Chapel-le-Dale near Ingleton. Yorkshire Dales National Park, England, U.K., Europe. 

derelict-lime-kiln-chapel-le-dale-near-ingleton-yorkshire-dales-national-A5E36N.jpg

 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Single company - multiple educational editorial use onlyUpgrade
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Start: 11 July 2019
End: 11 July 2069

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Marb said:

 

That's a great shot Colb. Well deserved and good for you to get a decent amount.

Thanks, pleased with the amount.

Edited by Colblimp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An EU PU, of an old 2005 image trawled from storage and uploaded more recently:

 

dhl-air-boeing-757-g-bmrd-cargo-transport-jet-plane-flying-at-an-airshow-boeing-757-200-space-for-copy-MNJGMT.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

a-rain-soaked-thoroughbred-horse-looks-o

Makes you wonder why they put up with us.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A swordfish dinner in Williamsburg, Virginia (Nikon D700 with a 105 Micro Nikkor).  Magazine use for high $$.

 

usa-food-swordfish-steak-on-a-bed-of-lentils-at-the-waypoint-seafood-J3WWA8.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A Swedish distributor sale (high $$, book use).

 

decorated-mexican-day-of-the-dead-or-dia

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dubai news website, distro, $, 5 years.

 

CN5K81.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

My picture of Sir Simon Woolley used by Wikipedia 

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=35D66B04-3F91-4B1A-900E-BE646C810369. Although with the old caption for some reason 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Editorial - websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 05 July 2019
End: 05 July 2024

Mid $$ 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Woolley

 

Edited by IanDavidson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IanDavidson said:

My picture of Sir Simon Woolley used by Wikipedia 

https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=35D66B04-3F91-4B1A-900E-BE646C810369. Although with the old caption for some reason 

Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial, Editorial - websites, apps, social media and blogs (excludes advertising). Worldwide for 5 years.
Media: Editorial website
Image Size: Any size
Start: 05 July 2019
End: 05 July 2024

Mid $$ 

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_Woolley

 

I don't know if this is a problem for you, but I should have a careful look at the licence- Wikipedia seem to think it's under a CC licence and it's not credited.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sir_Simon_Woolley.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first sale of the month.

Sold only $, but I'm glad cause I like this one.

Newspaper Editorial print and digital use  

 

 

 

Salvador, Brazil, A local man buying Acaraje know as local soul food in the street. Stock Photo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/07/2019 at 12:41, Michael Ventura said:

A swordfish dinner in Williamsburg, Virginia (Nikon D700 with a 105 Micro Nikkor).  Magazine use for high $$.

 

usa-food-swordfish-steak-on-a-bed-of-lentils-at-the-waypoint-seafood-J3WWA8.jpg

 

Did dinner pay for itself that day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, British Gent said:

 

Did dinner pay for itself that day?

 

Actually in this case, it was shot for a destination client and they approved of putting the images on Alamy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 13/07/2019 at 16:17, spacecadet said:

I don't know if this is a problem for you, but I should have a careful look at the licence- Wikipedia seem to think it's under a CC licence and it's not credited.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sir_Simon_Woolley.jpg#mw-jump-to-license

I was surprised to read about the sale to Wikipedia, as I understood all images used there had to be CC,. then realised that that was based on info which was several years old.

But maybe nothing has changed. Interesting though, I've looked up articles on personalities which had no pics and assumed that's because there were no CC pics of the person available. I didn't think they'd licence pics for that reason.

 

However, this page is interesting. Further down, the file's metadata credits the copyright to Ian Davidson/Alamy, and there's also a mention in a red outlined box that:

"This media file is missing evidence of permission. It may have an author and a source, but there is no proof that the author agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide evidence of permission by either providing a link to a site with an explicit release under a free license or by sending a declaration of consent to permissions-commons@wikimedia.org. This also applies if you are the author yourself.

Unless this issue is resolved, the file will be deleted seven days after this tag was added and the uploader was notified (8 July 2019)."

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sir_Simon_Woolley.jpg#filelinks

But immediately below that it credits Sir Simon himself as the author or the work.

I guess you should contact Alamy first about this: they shouldn't really be licensing images to Wikipedia when most users assume (on history) that photos there are CC.

Edited by Cryptoprocta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I was surprised to read about the sale to Wikipedia, as I understood all images used there had to be CC,. then realised that that was based on info which was several years old.

But maybe nothing has changed. Interesting though, I've looked up articles on personalities which had no pics and assumed that's because there were no CC pics of the person available. I didn't think they'd licence pics for that reason.

 

However, this page is interesting. Further down, the file's metadata credits the copyright to Ian Davidson/Alamy, and there's also a mention in a red outlined box that:

"This media file is missing evidence of permission. It may have an author and a source, but there is no proof that the author agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide evidence of permission by either providing a link to a site with an explicit release under a free license or by sending a declaration of consent to permissions-commons@wikimedia.org. This also applies if you are the author yourself.

Unless this issue is resolved, the file will be deleted seven days after this tag was added and the uploader was notified (8 July 2019)."

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sir_Simon_Woolley.jpg#filelinks

But immediately below that it credits Sir Simon himself as the author or the work.

I guess you should contact Alamy first about this: they shouldn't really be licensing images to Wikipedia when most users assume (on history) that photos there are CC.

I have been paid for this.  I do not know if by Wikipedia or by the OBV organisation (that Sir Simon is Chairman) that then passed it to them.  The organisation has told me they will get Wikipedia to change the incorrect credit.  As long as I have been paid.....

Edited by IanDavidson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beach with vegetation of nature reserve near Ostia, Rome, Lazio, Italy- Image ID: P6C8ED

Beach with vegetations of nature reserve near Ostia, Rome, Lazio,  Italy Stock Photo

 

 

Country: Worldwide RM for mid $$

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.