Your highest sale

What's the highest sale you ever made with Alamy ? 

In my case, I sold a photo for 250 US$ in march 2017. Editorial, simple photo of a buddhist rock painting in northern Pakistan

( Lowest sale : 1,25 US$ !)

We have an unwritten rule here not to discuss low pricing in order to discourage buyers from requesting low-ball pricing. Perhaps you would consider editing your posting? 

I remember a few years back someone reporting a whopping $8k for a license. This was 10 yrs ago or so when good prices were still available. My personal record is $1280 for a walk-past photo of a seaside pier. It was reported on the same day as my daughter was born, so I can now say that the birth of my daughter was the second best thing that happened that day.:D (I am kidding just in case anyone thought I meant it)

In fact here is a link to a post from a while back. Have a box of kleenex handy, 'cos these days are gone.

https://discussion.alamy.com/topic/8870-the-good-old-days/

Our 2nd ever sale  on Alamy was over $1000 . Hasn’t happened since! That was in 2001.

It was a scan of palm trees in Marrakech, shot on infra red film. 

ps I have other Alamy friends who have made $1000 sales recently so it is still possible

49 minutes ago, Snappy on California said:

We have an unwritten rule here not to discuss pricing in order to discourage buyers from requesting low-ball pricing. Perhaps you would consider editing your posting? 

There is no such unwritten rule.

Some people choose not to discuss low pricing; Alamy says it makes no difference, and they choose an open forum.

In answer to the question, my highest sale was $300 net ($500 gross in the 60% days) in 2010. The file had its second sale last week, netting me $25, for a very different use.

1 hour ago, Snappy on California said:

We have an unwritten rule here not to discuss low pricing in order to discourage buyers from requesting low-ball pricing. Perhaps you would consider editing your posting? 

Except he's asking what the highest sale was, not the lowest... :lol:

29 March 2013 $4,295.02 strange amount!  I thought it was an error.

I checked every day expecting it to be  refunded but it ended up being paid in May.

Cheers and gone 

Shergar.

Agreed, let's not talk about the peanuts, but there have been a few highlights. I've got one on the books at the moment for about $1500. It was refunded once and then up it came again a day or so later for almost exactly the same. Hasn't cleared yet. There was a book cover earlier this year for $950 and in the distant past a whopper for a shade under $30,000. That was financial advertising and we managed to arrange a 3 year sector exclusivity. Outstanding! I fear those days may be gone.

My first ever sale (in 2012) was $695 (and that was in the days of 40% commission).  I had euphoric thoughts along the lines of I was going to make my fortune!  This was sort of confirmed by my seventh sale (in 2013), which was for $5213.40.  Elation, however, turned to despair when this was refunded some 3 months later, but returned when next day it was resold for $5243.22! 

The problem (nice problem to have!) with this was that it skewed my annual sales (revenue) figures for several years.  Despite constantly uploading and expanding my portfolio and increasing sales, it took another 4 years for my aggregate annual revenue to surpass the 2013 total.  My revenue graph on the dashboard has a very peculiar pattern as a result, although the sales volume graph shows an almost linear year-on-year increase.

This remains my only $$$$ sale.

Graham

$1194 2015

$822  2018

$485  2016

$400 2009

Following the 2015 payment I bought a wide angle lens (Rokinon 12mm f2) and that lens secured the $822 payment this year! 

One of my more successful images has seen a decline in fees over the years as follows

$320  2009

$400  2009

$74    2014

$37    2014

$66    2015

$45    2015

Overall my sales and income have climbed fairly steadily as I added new images and peaked last year, but this year's prediction is for a fall in  both numbers sold and income.

Too many pictures chasing too few buyers...

You guys keep good records!  :rolleyes:

I don't recall any sales beyond a few hundred $$$. I still get sales of $100 or so. Understand that I aim all my shooting at editorial, common access subjects. No Live News or signed releases. My pro work was in the Film Era, and Tony Stone was my stock agency. A different time in a different world. 

Edo

Just checked my record. The highest single sale was a $571 distributor sale, $450 was the highest direct sale. No 4-digit sale over 10 years with Alamy.

On the other hand, my single best seller was sold again this morning. In all, it was sold 27 times for a total gross of $3640.

Archived