Michael Ventura

Post your positive results in 2018 here! :)

Banking/financial sector advertising for 3 years a little over $1500 appeared this morning. The last time I had a bite at that sector there was another zero but this one wasn't exclusive. Nice one! An Alamy B prefix to the code, so we've been waiting quite some time. Last month was mostly tiddlers but I resisted the urge to grumble.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

As detailed elsewhere, a sale of my very first image. Not a large amount but nice to see. One of my few RFs, interesting to see we now get licence details, albeit not very detailed: " Single company - multiple use editorial only ".

BCWHCW.jpg

Edited by spacecadet

11 hours ago, Robert M Estall said:

Banking/financial sector advertising for 3 years a little over $1500 appeared this morning. The last time I had a bite at that sector there was another zero but this one wasn't exclusive. Nice one! An Alamy B prefix to the code, so we've been waiting quite some time. Last month was mostly tiddlers but I resisted the urge to grumble.

Nice one robert. :)

On 7/5/2018 at 16:29, Robert M Estall said:

Robert, most of your Africa pics are amazing!

Which film were you using?

All the African and European photographs were shot over a period of 40+ years so film stocks changed quite a lot over the period. Earlier work was usually Kodachrome but Fuji Velvia latterly. The early African work often involved Nacional Geographic. They had a legendary reprographic department who could extract wonderful quality from transparencies. I've long agonized  over how we photographers are these days expected to achieve the kind of scans as were produced by people with years of training and experience and high end drum scanners.

But of course the photographer is more important than the film stock or the cameras for that matter

Edited by Robert M Estall
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Robert M Estall said:

All the African and European photographs were shot over a period of 40+ years so film stocks changed quite a lot over the period. Earlier work was usually Kodachrome but Fuji Velvia latterly. The early African work often involved Nacional Geographic. They had a legendary reprographic department who could extract wonderful quality from transparencies. I've long agonized  over how we photographers are these days expected to achieve the kind of scans as were produced by people with years of training and experience and high end drum scanners.

But of course the photographer is more important than the film stock or the cameras for that matter

Your 1500$ licence was one of these?

Nope, it was a rather odd site in Spain. Odd but quite a lot of Alamy photographers seem to have been there. The client had the patience to dig down to page 6 or 7 to get to mine. We assume that most searches don't go past 2 or 3 pages.

• Upvote 1

I have finally achieved the average CTR! So I guess I am doing this correctly. :)

• Upvote 3

Couple of sales popped in this morning from a recent trip to Cornwall. Only uploaded a couple of weeks ago. Pretty quick. 

Just dropped in this morning - my one thousandth sale since starting in 2007. A small landmark (and for a reasonable average price, too)

Alex

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Got two sales in a day which is a big rarity for me. Both for the same $$ and with the same usage. However, the images are unrelated.

Keep 'em coming!

• Upvote 1

not huge but a nice $90 sale in today

not had many over $100 this year

(yes I know this one isn't over either !) 

maybe a start of better things ...

• Upvote 2

A $191 sale popped up this morning in what has otherwise been a slow month. Usage: marketing package for a large business in the UK.

I won't be posting it in the Image Sold thread as it can be easily reproduced. In fact, it was taken during my lunch break when I was working in a certain area of London years ago.

Happy! Thank you Alamy.

Gen

• Like 1

July is wonderful and Alamy is Best

3 sales

14$

66$

25$

MashaAllah

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gvallee said:

A $191 sale popped up this morning in what has otherwise been a slow month. Usage: marketing package for a large business in the UK.

I won't be posting it in the Image Sold thread as it can be easily reproduced.

Another one here for less money, fortunately mine can't be reproduced, as it was taken in 1979 and the skyline is very different now. That's the difference between "archive" and just "old".

Edit: aargh, it's just refunded, maybe it was just "old" after all. It's within Alamy's 30-day refund window so I'm not hopeful of a relicence.

12 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Another one here for less money, fortunately mine can't be reproduced, as it was taken in 1979 and the skyline is very different now. That's the difference between "archive" and just "old".

Edit: aargh, it's just refunded, maybe it was just "old" after all. It's within Alamy's 30-day refund window so I'm not hopeful of a relicence.

Ssshh! I was slightly apprehensive of jinxing it by posting it in good news. I hope it sticks. Sorry about your refund, they are hateful.

Gen

2 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Ssshh! I was slightly apprehensive of jinxing it by posting it in good news. I hope it sticks. Sorry about your refund, they are hateful.

Gen

Yes, first time I've not had an immediate relicense. Sorry about the jinx:o

Woohoo! A book sale for $250. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Sally said:

Woohoo! A book sale for $250. 

Nice one Sally. :)

Woohoo my second sale on Alamy.Country: Worldwide
Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: General business services
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 June 2018
End: 01 June 2023
Serbia, Web use, One month, Bulk Discount, Flat Rate

For about the price of a large bag of peanuts.:( onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Few decent $ sales of late, but one for $97 on Friday and a $105 lease today. The latter was particularly pleasing, a result of an extended walk along the NE UK coast a couple of years ago - thought it might never bear fruit!

• Upvote 2

After nothing all month, 5 sales dropped in this morning - thank goodness! No big values, but some nice average fees for a total of $$$. The question is, why do my sales always drop in at the last minute of the month?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

After nothing all month, 5 sales dropped in this morning - thank goodness! No big values, but some nice average fees for a total of $$$. The question is, why do my sales always drop in at the last minute of the month?!

I'll take some of that! I noticed that with mine too...invoicing date is always the last day of the month...not enough data yet on my end, but certainly is curious.

1 hour ago, Colblimp said:

A lot of publishers 'settle their accounts' - and acknowledge image useage - at the end of each month. I had a spike in sales yesterday, and hoping for another one today...

2 minutes ago, John Morrison said:

A lot of publishers 'settle their accounts' - and acknowledge image useage - at the end of each month. I had a spike in sales yesterday, and hoping for another one today...

figured it was something like that...here's hoping I may have 1 or 2 later today....